MJ's Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG and Estate [update Case Dismissed]

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

According to the TMZ article, it was in Vegas, so before AEG. I'm disappointed too, he must be out of money, I guess

Reading too fast so I missed Las Vegas part:blush:

Anyways, didn't Michael live in Vegas 2007 for 6 months or so?
I wonder what took so long from him to put the claim in.
There is no chance that he didn't know the cut-off date and year, and as MJ's personal assistant, I'm sure he was reading what was going on and was aware of countless creditors claims.

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

I have a feeling hes coming out with this now because ola ray has been paid by the estate for her role in thiller

he probably figues "well ola ray got paid i'll try and get some too"

Ola's case was different as she put her claim in in time, but MAW waited after over 3 passed?
I think this is something him and his lawyer cooked up, as MAW needs to pay to his lawyer for AEG case which will be dismissed. Lawyers always want their money, and MAW thinks MJ's estate is like pot of gold at the end of rainbow.

Ola's case was different as she put her claim in in time, but MAW waited after over 3 passed?
I think this is something him and his lawyer cooked up, as MAW needs to pay to his lawyer for AEG case which will be dismissed. Lawyers always want their money, and MAW thinks MJ's estate is like pot of gold at the end of rainbow.

But still something just aint right bout this

Has the estate responded yet?

Not sure, i havent heard any response from them bout this yet

Hopefully this is estate's reply for his claim
01/07/2013 MOTION - DISMISS
Filed by Attorney for Respondent

Bubs it would be good to see what reasons are given^^. Maybe Ivy has it?

Hopefully this is estate's reply for his claim
01/07/2013 MOTION - DISMISS
Filed by Attorney for Respondent

I'm thinking that's something in regards to Tohme - given that it's filed by respondent and it'll be heard the same day that Tohme stuff will be heard.

^^Gee I forgot about the Thome case, so something is coming up....

Anyone know if this claim is still going on?

I thought this was thrown out, but I guess I was wrong. Wasn't he trying to get others to do a class action or something like that? Poor thing, he is not going to win anything with this case.

I'm just worried, if this has been allowed to go past one hearing, maybe Wade's will too and we'll have to deal with him for a while. Sigh.

^Even if wades's is thrown out next month, i'm sure the lawyers can file an appeal.

I answered this but let me repeat.

Mchael Amir Williams complaint is a class action lawsuit not a creditor claims - so it's different judge , different court.

MAW filed the lawsuit against AEG and looks like there was an amended complaint to add Estate to it.

Demurrer ( defendants asking to dismiss the case arguing there's no legal basis for it) is scheduled for June.

As it is different court, different thing (lawsuit versus creditor claim), different judge etc. whether that goes on or not is not relevant to Wade's claims.

^ Thanks, that's a relief.

I answered this but let me repeat.

Mchael Amir Williams complaint is a class action lawsuit not a creditor claims - so it's different judge , different court.

MAW filed the lawsuit against AEG and looks like there was an amended complaint to add Estate to it.

Demurrer ( defendants asking to dismiss the case arguing there's no legal basis for it) is scheduled for June.

As it is different court, different thing (lawsuit versus creditor claim), different judge etc. whether that goes on or not is not relevant to Wade's claims.

What are his reasons to add the estate?

^I was wondering about that too. I thought his original was that AEG was negligent and caused Michel to die & he lost a job that was paying him a great deal of money, so he was suing them for that. Now he adds the estate, who is really Michael, so if you are going after AEG for letting Michael die, then how could you then go after Michael through his estate? Maybe he feels the estate should give him some money like an early pension.

^^All this suits are turning into a mockery. Was this the same guy who said he paid some of Michael's bills?

What are his reasons to add the estate?

can't say. the only thing that's available is the original complaint on the online system. case summary now shows estate as a defendant and there's a second amended complaint. So the only thing I can conclude from that is that he added Estate with an amended complaint.

If you want me to make an assumption, it is probably AEG argued it was Michael who was supposed to pay MAW not them and hence the addition of MJ Estate. With any assumption let me remind that I might be wrong.

If you want me to make an assumption, it is probably AEG argued it was Michael who was supposed to pay MAW not them and hence the addition of MJ Estate. With any assumption let me remind that I might be wrong.

That would make sense as he was in the pcture before AEG deal, and from yestedays proceedings:
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 8h
MJ:
Pays for additional furniture, staffing, security, nanny, food.

So MJ was supposed to pay his staff, and at least Kai C put in creditors clain after MJ's passing, but MAW missed his chance.
I was wondering why Sister Rose (nanny) didn't put in creditors claim, and she wasn't paid by AEG, so did she get paid or what happen to her? She is so quiet that she seems shady to me:)

Interesting. I wonder why he didn't file a creditor's claim at the appropriate time.

If anyone is wondering about this case

06/05/2013 at 10:00 am in Department 323, ELIHU M. BERLE, Presiding
DEMURRER - Sustained

06/10/2013 Notice (COURT ORDERS 6-5 )
Filed by Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

06/24/2013 Amended Complaint (third am. complaint )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

10/21/2013 at 01:30 pm in Department 323, ELIHU M. BERLE, Presiding
Hearing on Demurrer - Demurrer sustained with leave

12/17/2013 at 11:00 am in department 323 at 600 South Commonwealth Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90005
Hearing on Demurrer

----------------------------------

In laymans terms MAW edited his first complaint to add MJ Estate as a defendant. The court has twice sustained the demurrer - which means the court granted AEG and /or Estate's request to dismiss parts or all of the lawsuit. "with leave" means that MAW still has the option to edit the complaint and resubmit it.

In laymans terms MAW edited his first complaint to add MJ Estate as a defendant. The court has twice sustained the demurrer - which means the court granted AEG and /or Estate's request to dismiss parts or all of the lawsuit. "with leave" means that MAW still has the option to edit the complaint and resubmit it.

The original lawsuit was this:
"Michael Amir Williams claims in his lawsuit, obtained by TMZ ... AEG agreed to pay MJ's staff up to $7.5 million for their services connected with the tour ... a tour that didn't take place because Dr. Conrad Murray pumped the singer with a fatal dose of Propofol.

Williams alleges AEG screwed up by failing to act responsibly by hiring Murray and then failing to properly manage or supervise him."

Is he claiming and accusing the estate for not superivising CM?

well i guess he has to change it cause of the aeg/ jacksons verdict

Documents aren't available so I cannot tell you why or the details. The change in the complaint (2nd complaint and 3rd complaint) happened before KJ- AEG trial verdict so that's pretty much irrelevant I think.

As I said I don't know the reasoning but if I guess, I would imagine AEG countered "AEG agreed to pay MJ's staff up to $7.5 million for their services connected with the tour" with "not AEG, MJ agreed to pay you that money, we were just advancing it" and it resulted in addition of Michael Jackson company - which practically means MJ Estate.

Documents aren't available so I cannot tell you why or the details. The change in the complaint (2nd complaint and 3rd complaint) happened before KJ- AEG trial verdict so that's pretty much irrelevant I think.

As I said I don't know the reasoning but if I guess, I would imagine AEG countered "AEG agreed to pay MJ's staff up to $7.5 million for their services connected with the tour" with "not AEG, MJ agreed to pay you that money, we were just advancing it" and it resulted in addition of Michael Jackson company - which practically means MJ Estate.

$7.5m for their services connected with the tour that did not happen. and what kind of services were they providing that cost $7.5m?

These people are fraudsters and should be locked up for good.

That Makes sense to me. He is probably changing his claim to add the Estate because it was MJ who was paying him from advances not AEG, Plus I assume AEG had no contract with MAW. Will documents be available or is this all sealed ?

Thanks ivy. yeah that makes sense

11/05/2013 Declaration (OF BRIAN FINKELSTEIN IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ENTRY OF JUDGMENT WITH PREJUDICE; OPPOSI- TION TO PLAINTIFF'S BELATED REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF CLASS ASTION (WITHOUT PREJUDICE))

11/05/2013 Motion (FOR ENTRY OF JUDGMENT WITH PREJUDEICE; OPPOSITION TO BELATED REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF CLASS ACTION (WITHOUT PREJUDICE); MEMO- RANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT THEREOF)

11/04/2013 Request for Dismissal (OF CLASS ACTION )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

---------------------------------------------

It looks like there's something wrong with MAW's claims so he's looking to dismiss this case to file another one (without prejudice) but AEG lawyers are opposing this and want the judge to dismiss the case with prejudice so it can't be filed again.

Is MAW the only one suing or are there others?

Back