MJ's Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG and Estate [update Case Dismissed]

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

^^I think he was trying to get others to join, but nothing came of that.

Is part of the problem with the claim, the fact that he wrote it as though he was an employee of AEG? Anyone knows?

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

documents aren't available as I said so I don't know the exact reason.

Michael Amir Williams has some nerve. He also knew MJ wasn't right and he did nothing to help either. Wasn't he the one that was told to take MJ to the hospital when MJ complained of hot on one side and being cold on the other? That was a red flag and he and the bodyguard didn't do anything about it.

Michael Amir Williams has some nerve. He also knew MJ wasn't right and he did nothing to help either. Wasn't he the one that was told to take MJ to the hospital when MJ complained of hot on one side and being cold on the other? That was a red flag and he and the bodyguard didn't do anything about it.

Actually we don't know what he did to help on that occasion. It would have been Michaels choice to go to hospital if he wanted to go. ( I think he would not want to for for obvious reasons.) Remember Amir was just an employee. He couldn't tell MJ what to do nor could he force him to go to the hospital. All he could do is relay the information to MJ. It was Michael's choice not to go to the hospital not Amir's... Just saying. We can't blame everyone for Michael's own decisions IMO.

Plus that has nothing to do with his claim that AEg should pay him.I't won't even factor into the decision. It would make more sense for him to go after the Estate, being he was a direct employee of Michael's not paid by AEG,

Let's do some updates- just based on case summary.

There have been 3 amended complaints in this lawsuit and it looks like at one point MJ Company (managed by Estate) was added to the lawsuit as a defendant.

10/21/2013 at 01:30 pm in Department 323, ELIHU M. BERLE, Presiding Hearing on Demurrer - Demurrer sustained with leave

On October 21 Judge granted the dismissal request by AEG & MJ Company based on no legal basis. "With leave" allowed MAW to edit and file another complaint.

11/04/2013 Request for Dismissal (OF CLASS ACTION ) Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

Then MAW lawyer filed a dismissal of class action

AEG and MJ Company followed with these

11/22/2013 Notice of Motion (M/ENTRY OF JUDGMENT 12-17 WEITZMAN )
Filed by Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

11/05/2013 Motion (FOR ENTRY OF JUDGMENT WITH PREJUDEICE; OPPOSITION TO BELATED REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF CLASS ACTION (WITHOUT PREJUDICE); MEMO- RANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT THEREOF)

11/05/2013 Declaration (OF BRIAN FINKELSTEIN IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ENTRY OF JUDGMENT WITH PREJUDICE; OPPOSITION TO PLAINTIFF'S BELATED REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL OF CLASS ASTION (WITHOUT PREJUDICE))

These makes us understand that MAW wanted to dismiss the class action but be able file the lawsuit again (without prejudice) however AEG and MJ Company wanted it to be dismissed "with prejudice" asking the court to dismiss it once and for all and it could not be brought back to court.

12/17/2013 at 11:00 am in Department 323, ELIHU M. BERLE, Presiding Hearing on Demurrer (2) MOTION TO DISMISS WITHPREJUDICE) - Granted

Based on this last information, I'm thinking (remember this is just my reading of the information and I might be wrong) MAW's lawsuit is dismissed for good. Unfortunately no documents are available online to read and confirm

'Another One Bites The Dust' - hopefully:)

Thank goodness. One down. a zillion more to go.

Thank goodness. One down. a zillion more to go.

True. The estate sort out one claim, but there is 2 new claims coming in:(

Sounds good, because there was nothing holding this lawsuit together from a legal standpoint. I think some person put this idea in his head & he got a lawyer to file. He filed as though he was an employee of AEG. Then he was hinting that Others could join his suit. Poor thing, I hope he is able to find some work. We still have Bain, Johnson, Q, etc.

something is going on here

01/08/2014 Reply to Opposition (AEG TO PROPOSED JUDGMENT )

01/08/2014 Reply to Opposition (PROPORSED JUDGMENT BROWN )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

01/03/2014 Response (to proposed judgment )

12/19/2013 Notice (orders re december 17 hearing putnam )

12/17/2013 at 11:00 am in Department 323, ELIHU M. BERLE, Presiding
Hearing on Demurrer (2) MOTION TO DISMISS WITHPREJUDICE) - Granted

It almost looks like Estate is opposing the judgment.

^^You mean you think the estate is opposing the dismissal? I thought this thing was dismissed, so what is the estate crying about. I see Putnam's name, so is this about AEG or the estate. Signed confused.

This is what I see and guess going on

In this case Michael Amir Williams is the plaintiff, AEG and (added later) MJ Estate is the defendants.

There have been multiple rounds of complaints that was rejected. At the end MAW asked for his complaint to be dismissed without prejudice - meaning he can file another lawsuit against the parties. Both AEG and Estate asked it to be dismissed with no chance to refile a lawsuit.

Judge made a decision which looks like granting the request of the defendants. Putnam sent a notice of the ruling to other parties. One defendant opposed the judge's ruling and AEG and MAW replied to the opposition. So I'm guessing the opposition came from MJ Estate. If I was gonna guess perhaps the judge dismissed the claims against AEG with no chance to refile but said MAW can sue Estate again.

I mean I don't know for sure. It's just guessing here. Just that something going on in regards to the judgment and hopefully when this is finalized the media will report on it so we will know what happened.

Where does it say the Estate is opposing?

Where does it say the Estate is opposing?

It doesn't. I'm reading between the lines and making guesses. There's a response to judgment by a defendant on 01/03 and then there's two reply to opposition on 01/08 by AEG and MAW's lawyer. That made me guess that the original opposition is from MJ Estate.

^^It makes sense, but what documents or criteria could Michael find that would allow him to go after the estate again? First he went after AEG and then added the estate, so it is ironic that AEG would get a NO and the estate would get a YES, in terms of his ability to sue again. Maybe he could sue and say the estate owes him money for the month of June? Oh well.

This is kind of confusing. The judge lets AEG go but not the estate & the estate had a specific length of time so others can file their claims. Why is he given the opportunity to file again?

Yes the estate would be responsible for any debt of Michael's so they could be held responsible to pay him. If he can prove he is owed Money. He also is very late in filing so that can still be a factor. It will be interesting how this plays out. But is he is owed money I don't fault him for wanting to be paid. Im just wondering why he waited so long to file a claim?

Yes the estate would be responsible for any debt of Michael's so they could be held responsible to pay him. If he can prove he is owed Money. He also is very late in filing so that can still be a factor. It will be interesting how this plays out. But is he is owed money I don't fault him for wanting to be paid. Im just wondering why he waited so long to file a claim?
I agree-but I'm still confused. I thought he would have filed a claim for unpaid wages when everyone else did at the begining-Kai, Dr. Klein, etc. etc. I thought this was for lost wages that he WOULD have been paid in the tour, had it gone on.
I wouldn't think the Estate would be liable for that-because Michael wasn't responsible-but maybe he's thinking it could be linked with the Lloyd's settlement, if that goes through? That insurance money might be able to pay people connected with the actual tour?
(I probably need to re-read this thread-maybe things have changed since my understanding of it)

^^We are all just trying to figure out what it means since we don't have any documents.

Guys I was just speculating and I thought I was being clear that it was just a guess.

The reason I though that was he filed a class action breach of contract lawsuit against AEG. AEG's defense was that - as we all know- they were advancing money to MJ in other words they weren't hiring people themselves. I don't believe MAW showed any contract between him and AEG, at least as far as we know. Then sometime later MJ Estate was added to the lawsuit which is probably MAW's employment was between him and MJ Estate. I just assumed the possibility that MAW might not have a case against AEG but he might have a claim against Estate.

Anyway it's all speculation. The only thing we know for a fact that judge made a ruling and one of the defendants is opposing it.

Ivy we know it was speculation; we are just questioning your speculation and our speculations too.

MICHAEL AMIR WILLIAMS VS AEG LIVE LLC

Filing Date: 11/09/2012
Case Type: Breach Contrct/Warnty (Sellr Pltf) (General Jurisdiction)

01/08/2014 Judgment
Filed by Court

so the judgment is finalized. perhaps we can try to get it from LA court.

^^I thought the estate was added to the case, so how come the case reads MICHAEL AMIR WILLIAMS VS AEG LIVE LLC. Does that mean the judgment is only about AEG?

Is there a updated in this case yet?

Trying to keep up with all of these lawsuits.

MAW ordered to pay costs to MJ Estate and AEG

02/06/2014 Memorandum of Costs ($4365.00 awarded to Defendant The Michael Jackson Co. LLC entered on judgment of 1-8-14 on 3-4-14 )

01/23/2014 Memorandum of Costs ($4471.00 awarded to counsel for Defendant AEG LIce, LLC; Anschutz Ent. Group entered on judgment dated 1-8-14 on 3-4-14 )

With this we'll classify this lawsuit as dismissed and over.

Waw. Poor thing. This is the first time I see an actual award that has to be paid to the defendants in any of these cases. I think the others we learn the cases were settled. Where is he going to get that money from to pay. I wonder how much he had to pay his own attorney?

MAW ordered to pay costs to MJ Estate and AEG

02/06/2014 Memorandum of Costs ($4365.00 awarded to Defendant The Michael Jackson Co. LLC entered on judgment of 1-8-14 on 3-4-14 )

01/23/2014 Memorandum of Costs ($4471.00 awarded to counsel for Defendant AEG LIce, LLC; Anschutz Ent. Group entered on judgment dated 1-8-14 on 3-4-14 )

With this we'll classify this lawsuit as dismissed and over.

Thank you Ivy. The Estate should request their costs be paid by anyone bringing these cases against them. That would hinder these people from coming forward with unwarranted claims. They know if they loose they will pay.

@PetraRose I believe you have to request costs be reimbursed. So maybe thy haven't always done that. But for some reason they felt impelled to do so in this case.

The estate and AEG attorneys are asking pretty same amount of money from MAW.
He should have gone after Murray, or maybe it is not too late. He should join forces with piano man who is suing CM.

Petrarose, didn't the estate win case against Mann and won? I thought he too was made to pay, although I don't know did he actually pay anything>

The estate and AEG attorneys are asking pretty same amount of money from MAW.
He should have gone after Murray, or maybe it is not too late. He should join forces with piano man who is suing CM.

Petrarose, didn't the estate win case against Mann and won? I thought he too was made to pay, although I don't know did he actually pay anything>

Estate won damages becuase they sued Howard Man and won. Maw sued Estate and is paying their costs for thier time etc. not damages to the Estate and AEG. I think its different.

Back