MJ’s website 2001

The Michael Jackson website for the 'Invincible' album had certain technical issues, according to fans who complained about that during that period (i.e., the website was not compatible with many computers).

There was also a Michael Jackson website for the release of the 'HIStory' album.

who remembers MJ's website from 2001?
hopes were high for a new era
These idiots from Sony spent money to create a whole web site to promote Invincible album, but refused to spent money to create videos for Unbreakable, Whatever Happens and Threatened songs.... (y) (y) (y) (y)

Seeing as I've been called a journalist or part of the media who has infiltrated the site 😂 I guess I shouldn't know this right?

Yes I remember it well, the computer/radio theme..... The website was tame. The chat rooms were wild as fck!!!

I was only 13 but some of the perverts I remember on that site very well . Role playing and all that , wtf 😂

There was a chat?
Whatever Happens not being a single was a missed opportunity
Oh yes , full of weirdos.

Tbf other Sony artists had pretty much the same website, just a different 'skin' they all had chat rooms

Whatever Happens is Michael's fifth best song! Only 4 songs in MJ's discography are better than Whatever Happens!
Huh? 😂

There's about 10 plus J5 tracks alone that are better than Whatever Happens.

That's a pretty strong statement Richard.

It is a good song but Michael's vocal delivery lets it down.
Michael's vocal delivery lets it down? AHAHHAHAHAHAH😂😂😂 What??? You are joking, aren't you? Michael vocals in this song are the most amazing vocals, I have ever heard before.

Michael's vocal delivery lets it down? AHAHHAHAHAHAH😂😂😂 What??? You are joking, aren't you? Michael vocals in this song are the most amazing vocals, I have ever heard before.
Lol at the most amazing vocals I have ever heard 🤣.

Michael’s vocals sound strained, like they do on lot of Invincible songs.

In your opinion.

Personally, I find Michael’s vocals impressive throughout the album. Upon first hearing it in 2001, never once did I think that they were lacking (and such thoughts haven’t had a reason to later find their way to me, either). On the contrary, I’m awestruck by in particular Speechless, and Don’t Walk Away. His timing is as always extraordinary, his phrasing sublime, his adlibs world class.

As a fan since long, of course there’s some subtilities in which his voice had changed by 2001 and that you will notice. But this is to be expected – voices change with age. There may also be artistic mannerisms at play, which will account for most of the differences between the vocals on for example Thriller and Bad.

In your opinion.

Personally, I find Michael’s vocals impressive throughout the album. Upon first hearing it in 2001, never once did I think that they were lacking (and such thoughts haven’t had a reason to later find their way to me, either). On the contrary, I’m awestruck by in particular Speechless, and Don’t Walk Away. His timing is as always extraordinary, his phrasing sublime, his adlibs world class.

As a fan since long, of course there’s some subtilities in which his voice had changed by 2001 and that you will notice. But this is to be expected – voices change with age. There may also be artistic mannerisms at play, which will account for most of the differences between the vocals on for example Thriller and Bad.
No doubt Michael’s vocals are great on songs like Speechless and Don’t Walk Away, but there are songs on Invincible where his vocals sound strained and damaged, in my opinion. And this is an opinion that is shared by many other fans too.

you are daaamn wrong, my friend) Michael vocals sound PERFECT. There are only 2 songs, that have the most beautiful MJ vocals I have ever heard: Stranger in Moscow (vocals on this song just masterpiece, no commentaries, you just have to listen) and Whatever Happens (I know, that his vocals was changed via programs, but that changes made his voice even better!) I always feel goosebumps, while listening to these 2 precious songs

In your opinion.

exactly! Don't walk away vocals are the main reason, why i always listen to this song again again and again. Song is pretty weak, but Michael's vocals...mmmm.... fantastic

No doubt Michael’s vocals are great on songs like Speechless and Don’t Walk Away, but there are songs on Invincible where his vocals sound strained and damaged, in my opinion. And this is an opinion that is shared by many other fans too.
Who said that damaged vocals are bad thing? on the contrary, we can hear Michael's efforts! We can hear a wisdom in his voice. During Invincible era he was already pretty mature... and we can hear it in his voice)

Who said that damaged vocals are bad thing? on the contrary, we can hear Michael's efforts! We can hear a wisdom in his voice. During Invincible era he was already pretty mature... and we can hear it in his voice)
You sound triggered. I believe that his vocals sounded strained. You may think that those are mature MJ’s vocals, but I believe that Invincible was his worst vocal performance on a studio album. That isn’t to say his vocals were bad, but they sounded worse than the vocals on his previous albums, in my opinion.

Mature vocals would be his vocals on songs like Best of Joy, Days In Gloucestershire, Hold My Hand, WBSS 08, all songs recorded between 2004-09, and he sounds amazing on all of those songs.

You sound triggered. I believe that his vocals sounded strained. You may think that those are mature MJ’s vocals, but I believe that Invincible was his worst vocal performance on a studio album. That isn’t to say his vocals were bad, but they sounded worse than the vocals on his previous albums, in my opinion.

Mature vocals would be his vocals on songs like Best of Joy, Days In Gloucestershire, Hold My Hand, WBSS 08, all songs recorded between 2004-09, and he sounds amazing on all of those songs.
You sound Threatened) Michael vocals during Invincible era sound perfect. Vocals during 2004-2005 are This Is It vocals. They are more mature. And yep, they sound better than Invincible, but it doesn't change anything. Still, Michael's vocals during Invincible era are perfect

@Nite Line I'm with you I don't particularly like his voice on many Invincible songs, especially during ad libs. Whatever Happens is one of those songs that strike me as unimpressive both vocally as well as the actual song which is nothing more than a repeat of Santana's Supernatural as mentioned by others.

WH is not in my top 100 MJ songs.

You sound Threatened) Michael vocals during Invincible era sound perfect. Vocals during 2004-2005 are This Is It vocals. They are more mature. And yep, they sound better than Invincible, but it doesn't change anything. Still, Michael's vocals during Invincible era are perfect
In your opinion.

@Nite Line I'm with you I don't particularly like his voice on many Invincible songs, especially during ad libs. Whatever Happens is one of those songs that strike me as unimpressive both vocally as well as the actual song which is nothing more than a repeat of Santana's Supernatural as mentioned by others.

WH is not in my top 100 MJ songs.
I like the Latin feel of the song. Yes, the song isn’t anything special, but the Latin feel makes it a fun listen for me.

These idiots from Sony spent money to create a whole web site to promote Invincible album, but refused to spent money to create videos for Unbreakable, Whatever Happens and Threatened songs.... (y) (y) (y) (y)
That was before all hell broke loose having 30+ million dollars spent on making the album, having it be delayed numerous times, and Michael making the mistake of speaking out, saying his contract was coming to an end and he wasn't going to renew it.

If you were a record label, would you want to promote something that was not going to end well? IMO the failure of Invincible is a 2 sided sword. Sony is to blame for part of it, Michael had a hand in it as well.

@Mister_Jay_Tee No racist comments on this forum.

@BuffaloBill87 and others Keep discussion here and on other thread on topic, no personal attacks. I have cleaned up the thread. If this continues, I will close it.

Back