Most likely estate releases over the next year?

It's part of history. It's part of HIS story. You can't change history and you can't change HIS story. The tour was great and deserves to be released exactly as it happened in theatres, in 3D and on blu-ray. I disagree with everyone who say differently.

Do you REALLY want a tour where Michael is obviously lip syncing every song (except for 2) to be released to theatres and represent him as a live act to the general public? I don't understand why ANY fan would want that

Last edited:
head-desk-bartlett-2.gif

I swear some fans will accept anything just because it's Michael Jackson

I like it. I grew up on it. Also I don't mind lip syncing. So what's so hard to believe? Dancing is great, costumes are brilliant, stage and effects are mind blowing, there's a freaking tank on the stage!

I like it. I grew up on it. Also I don't mind lip syncing. So what's so hard to believe? Dancing is great, costumes are brilliant, stage and effects are mind blowing, there's a freaking tank on the stage!

I grew up with the HIStory Tour too, but I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement. You may not mind lip syncing, but lots of people will and they will bash MJ because of it, and yes the effects are impressive, but that's a shallow reason to choose the HIStory Tour over his previous, and better tours

Also, The ''Tell me what about it'' adlibs at the end of Earth Song at Royal Brunei is far more impressive than bringing a tank on stage.

Last edited:
"Even when Michael was alive, we never stopped working on the song 'Xscape,'" he said. "It was one of those songs where he specifically said to me, 'It has to see the light of day one day."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...thumous-michael-jackson-xscape_n_5258854.html

You really should have continued reading this article. The next paragraph points out that around 2007, Michael asked Rodney to work on ideas for the next album. If Michael really wanted to touch up Xscape, he would have asked for that song specifically. And "we never stopped working on Xscape" does not mean that they were working on it post-2002. Jerkins never says it specifically, and you're just making guesses.

but that's a shallow reason to choose the HIStory Tour over his previous, and better tours

The reason is that they have it in HD quality that can be transferred to 3D and released on blu-ray. Something that can't be said about other tours or concerts (just look at Bad Wembley VHS disaster!). Not that it it better than other tours or concerts. Not that it is bad either. It is what it is, like it happened and like that deserves to be released and to be seen.

This Is It (movie) also had a lot of lip syncing but that didn't stop it to become enormous hit and gross over $260 MIL.

The reason is that they have it in HD quality that can be transferred to 3D and released on blu-ray. Something that can't be said about other tours or concerts (just look at Bad Wembley VHS disaster!). Not that it it better than other tours or concerts. Not that it is bad either. It is what it is, like it happened and like that deserves to be released and to be seen.

This Is It (movie) also had a lot of lip syncing but that didn't stop it to become enormous hit and gross over $260 MIL.

It might be possible to release Bad Tour in HD. Of course Estate hasn't said anything so we can't really know.

It might be possible to release Bad Tour in HD. Of course Estate hasn't said anything so we can't really know.

+ This Is It has been an enormous hit because it was just 4 months after MJ's death. Bad Tour live Wembley was filmed in 35mm, so they can released it in BluRay.
They just take the Bad 25 project too late that's why they just remastered a VHS and ask to a fan the multitrack.

Last edited:

This Is It was rehearsal footage, and it was continually underlined that Michael was not planning to give his all until the actual performances. Even then, there are moments of wonder -- his vocals during I Just Can't Stop Loving You are to die for.

The HIStory tour was performed in front of a live audience, and never had a moment of "wow".

I would LOVE for the Estate to do a film about The Victory Tour. Also I would like to seem them make one about his relationship with Debbie Rowe and what really went on between them.

WHY ESTATE PUT ****IN LEAKED TRACKS ON ALBUM ? MJ DON'T DO IT, TOPIC CLOSED.

Ahh yes. Michael Jackson didn't put leaked tracks on his albums. That's why when Scream leaked a few weeks before it's release, he went "nope" and permanently took it off the tracklist for HIStory! It all makes sense now!

Whilst i agree that the HIStory Tour should eventually be released in cinema's, it certainly should not be The Estate's first choice! at least two full shows (maybe 2 more) from the 1988/89 BAD World Tour were shot with High Res 16/35mm film camera's, both of which are capable of more detail than High Definition. It's not 100% unlikely that they will never utilize the film reels of Michael's greatest Tour, but it doesn't seem at all likely either! It would be nice though, We can only hope. Also, may i say that their is also a On The Road Documentary that was also filmed while Michael was on tour too! Will Pecchi also filmed a few full 1987 shows, and moments with Michael on Tour in Japan & Australia also.

Last edited:

Again, releasing Michael's worst tour just because it's in HD is a shallow reason to do so

And This Is It was rehearsals and people understood that. With an actual concert people will expect Michael to give 100% and will be more critical

Bad Tour live Wembley was filmed in 35mm, so they can released it in BluRay.
They just take the Bad 25 project too late that's why they just remastered a VHS and ask to a fan the multitrack.

They didn't have film. It was said in an official announcement. Since then there has been some fans speculations about which films they found since then. But nothing official. So as far as we know they might have no films at all.

The HIStory tour was performed in front of a live audience, and never had a moment of "wow".

WRONG! YOU never had a moment of "wow" watching it. Myself and 80,000 people each night had 120 minutes of "wow".

Whilst i agree that the HIStory Tour should eventually be released in cinema's, it certainly should not be The Estate's first choice! at least two full shows (maybe 2 more) from the 1988/89 BAD World Tour were shot with High Res 16/35mm film camera's, both of which are capable of more detail than High Definition. It's not 100% unlikely that they will never utilize the film reels of Michael's greatest Tour, but it doesn't seem at all likely either! It would be nice though, We can only hope. Also, may i say that their is also a On The Road Documentary that was also filmed while Michael was on tour too! Will Pecchi also filmed a few full 1987 shows, and moments with Michael on Tour in Japan & Australia also.

The question was never which shows were shot on film. But who has the rights for them and who is in possession of them.

I know that you did a lot of research about that topic. But all that is just fan speculations, nothing solid. Nothing confirmed. The fact is that in 2012 they had no Bad Tour 1988-1989 films.

WRONG! YOU never had a moment of "wow" watching it. Myself and 80,000 people each night had 120 minutes of "wow".

Seeing a concert in person is a different experience to watching it on TV

Again, releasing Michael's worst tour just because it's in HD is a shallow reason to do so

It's not Michael's worst tour, it's yours Michael's worst tour. It's subjective. Art and entertainment is subjective. It's just like saying that Invincible is his worst album (which is not, by far). But some people don't like it. I personally love both HIStory Tour and Invincible album. They are not my favourites, nor I consider them to be Michael's best, but I love them just the way they are. And they deserve recognition, especially from the fans.

Seeing a concert in person is a different experience to watching it on TV

Absolutely. But seeing it in theatre and in 3D is also a different experience than watching it on TV. It's pure entertainment, something MJ wanted to do - entertain people - not just stand there and sing (he's not Mariah Carey!).

It's not Michael's worst tour, it's yours Michael's worst tour. It's subjective. Art and entertainment is subjective. It's just like saying that Invincible is his worst album (which is not, by far). But some people don't like it. I personally love both HIStory Tour and Invincible album. They are not my favourites, nor I consider them to be Michael's best, but I love them just the way they are. And they deserve recognition, especially from the fans.

Fans give the HIStory Tour plenty of recognition, but when an MJ concerts is being put out there, for not only for fans, but the general public as well, then Michael needs to be shown at his best.

And I don't hate the HIStory tour. I still watch it from time to time and enjoy it. But I still know that this is Michael's worst tour, and it should never represent Michael as a live act to the general public

Last edited:
The question was never which shows were shot on film. But who has the rights for them and who is in possession of them.

I know that you did a lot of research about that topic. But all that is just fan speculations, nothing solid. Nothing confirmed. The fact is that in 2012 they had no Bad Tour 1988-1989 films.

The decision on BAD 25 was made in 2010, They had plenty of time to digitize the film reels before the release of BAD 25 in September of 2012! Patrick Kelley turned over all the footage he shot, to MJ's archive at the conclusion of the BAD World Tour! Go Flying AKA Dave Powell (The man responsible for engineering the audio of Wembley 15th & 16th 1988) confirmed that the film reels were only cataloged in late 2012, which led me to assume that is when they eventually worked out what is what from that Tour. Many thing's were likely to have been without labels, hence them not knowing what cartridges held what footage.. now that mostly everything is cataloged/archived hopefully we will see something in the future.

In addition, the July 14th concert was vastly documented! MTV were there, in BAD 25 docu their is a short High Def interview with Greg Phillinganes right before the July 14th 88' show began.. you can actually see the crowd behind the gates.. so cool!

Last edited:

Did you just say my opinion was wrong? That deserves a "wow" more than anything.

If anything, sir, you are wrong. I've heard enough testimonials from people who attended HIStory tour concerts and walked out because it was so awful. The concerts are awful, and to be quite frank, I don't see how anyone can think they aren't (though I'm sure it's another case of, "OH MY GOD, MICHAEL JACKSON, EVERYTHING HE DOES IS PERFECT"). Most of the show is Michael pacing back and forth or pulling off one of his kicks; every so often will he pull out a truly great moment (the robot during Stranger in Moscow, the Billie Jean dance), but they do not come nearly enough to warrant an official release.

You are correct in that art/entertainment is subjective. But when you go around and start criticizing other people's opinions (see my post above), you're being a complete hypocrite. I stated that I think the HIStory tour is embarrassing -- which I truly believe it is -- and you jump in and say, "WRONG!" I have every right to say how I feel about a particular Michael Jackson topic, this being a discussion board and all, and shouldn't have to have someone complain to me for it.

But fact of the matter is, if any more news of the HIStory tour's release comes to light, I will without exaggeration start a petition for it not to be. THAT'S how serious I am about this -- Michael's legacy is constantly misrepresented by the world, and I do NOT want this to add to that.

Did you just say my opinion was wrong? That deserves a "wow" more than anything.

??Was that an opinion??

"The HIStory tour was performed in front of a live audience, and never had a moment of "wow"."

You stated it as a fact! Not an opinion. That was my point - that it is just your subjective opinion and that "Myself and 80,000 people each night had 120 minutes of "wow"".

Fans give the HIStory Tour plenty of recognition, but when an MJ concerts is being put out there, for not only for fans, but the general public as well, then Michael needs to be shown at his best.

And Wembley poor quality VHS showed MJ at his best?

I still know that this is Michael's worst tour.

In your opinion, yes.

The decision on BAD 25 was made in 2010, They had plenty of time to digitize the film reels before the release of BAD 25 in September of 2012! Patrick Kelley turned over all the footage he shot, to MJ's archive at the conclusion of the BAD World Tour! Go Flying AKA Dave Powell (The man responsible for engineering the audio of Wembley 15th & 16th 1988) confirmed that the film reels were only cataloged in late 2012, which led me to assume that is when they eventually worked out what is what from that Tour. Many thing's were likely to have been without labels, hence them not knowing what cartridges held what footage.. now that mostly everything is cataloged/archived hopefully we will see something in the future.

In addition, the July 14th concert was vastly documented! MTV were there, in BAD 25 docu their is a short High Def interview with Greg Phillinganes right before the July 14th 88' show began.. you can actually see the crowd behind the gates.. so cool!

I'll repeat myself:

"The question was never which shows were shot on film. But who has the rights for them and who is in possession of them.

I know that you did a lot of research about that topic. But all that is just fan speculations, nothing solid. Nothing confirmed. The fact is that in 2012 they had no Bad Tour 1988-1989 films."

Nothing confirmed by Estate representatives or Sony Music.

The concerts are awful, and to be quite frank, I don't see how anyone can think they aren't (though I'm sure it's another case of, "OH MY GOD, MICHAEL JACKSON, EVERYTHING HE DOES IS PERFECT"). Most of the show is Michael pacing back and forth or pulling off one of his kicks; every so often will he pull out a truly great moment (the robot during Stranger in Moscow, the Billie Jean dance), but they do not come nearly enough to warrant an official release.

AGAIN, you are stating your false OPINION as a FACT! In the future you should write "My opinion is that..." because you'll be misunderstood a lot of times.

I stated that I think the HIStory tour is embarrassing -- which I truly believe it is.

Did you?? I didn't see that.

"The HIStory tour was performed in front of a live audience, and never had a moment of "wow"."

Sorry but that sounded like a fact to me. I apologize if that was only your personal subjective opinion (which you didn't write).

But fact of the matter is, if any more news of the HIStory tour's release comes to light, I will without exaggeration start a petition for it not to be. THAT'S how serious I am about this -- Michael's legacy is constantly misrepresented by the world, and I do NOT want this to add to that.

Please do. I'll start another for it to be released not just in theaters and in 3D, but in football stadiums and in 4D. We'll see who'll win! (sarcasm--like Michael Jackson's Estate and Sony Music will read your 1000 signed petitions).

And Wembley poor quality VHS showed MJ at his best?

I would much rather watch the VHS Wembley performance than any History tour performance. Video quality is completely irrelevant when it comes to performance quality.

AGAIN, you are stating your false OPINION as a FACT! In the future you should write "My opinion is that..." because you'll be misunderstood a lot of times.

That entire post is my opinion. Nowhere do I say, "Everyone thinks that..." or "It's so obvious that..." Not everyone here feels it necessary to outline every opinionated post with "My opinion is..." I'm sure I could find a few posts of yours where you do the same.

Please do. I'll start another for it to be released not just in theaters and in 3D, but in football stadiums and in 4D. We'll see who'll win! (sarcasm--like Michael Jackson's Estate and Sony Music will read your 1000 signed petitions).

At this point, you're just begging to start an argument. I'm making a general statement that I am against the release of the concerts -- God forbid someone doesn't love something you love.

This is why I'm getting sick of these fan sites. There's always those members who have to start public, unnecessary arguments with people whenever they dare step out against the crowd. I couldn't care less about the Victory tour and probably won't buy the DVD/Blu-Ray if it ever comes out. Wanna scold me for that opinion? How about my opinion that I think, as a whole, MICHAEL has more quality music than XSCAPE does (in retrospect)? Is it okay if I have my own opinion, Onir?

Back