New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

I don't understand the love for If You Don't Love Me, I like it a lot sure, but there's a reason it wasn't released, it's very average sounding. I don't think this would get anywhere without a total reworking.

Needs about 30 seconds shaving off though.
They say the perfect pop song is 3 minutes, or around that. Get IYDLM under 4 minutes and I'd agree with AlwaysThere also, bring those musicians in to give it that visceral sound. The live drums on Billie Jean made all the difference. I would say add a layer of acoustic guitars too to give it that Black Or White fullness.

But would that type of song/sound be a hit in this day and age or has the world moved on?

I don't understand the love for If You Don't Love Me, I like it a lot sure, but there's a reason it wasn't released, it's very average sounding. I don't think this would get anywhere without a total reworking.
Very average in it's current state but if it was properly mixed, half a minute shaved off and the musicality done correctly it could be quite good. It has potential. I've not listened to it in awhile but either MJ''s vocals are to low in the mix and the guitar is to high or vice-versa.

If You Don't Love Me is one of the strongest outtakes from any album in my opinion. The Dangerous outtakes aren't all that special, but that one stands out immensely.

I feel in love with IYDLM the first time I heard it but I do agree that it's a bit repetitive and probably does need a couple of more lines

I feel in love with IYDLM the first time I heard it but I do agree that it's a bit repetitive and probably does need a couple of more lines

Same could be said for Smooth Criminal with ''Annie are you okay?'' being repeated over and over again. Not trying to put down Smooth Criminal by the way. I still love that song to death

IYDLM is one of those songs that reeks of early Beatles for me. In a good way, that is. Short, sweet, simple and catchy

If You Don't Love Me could do with a little polish on the instrumental.

The song is absolutely outstanding but some of the production sounds very digital and could do with a live replacement. Call in John Robinson and put down a live drum track, see if they can get Paulinho da Costa in to lay down some percussion, call up Nathan East for a funk bass line, and you've got one hell of a song there.
Now we're talking. That would be incredible. I love the song with a passion. Retro, familiar and new all at the same time.

I can see Bruno Mars or Tori Kelly doing this, so yes, I think it would work for today's audience.

^^ Thinking about it now it does somewhat remind me of Locked Out of Heaven...

Not sure why - they're incredibly indifferent - but if that song can be popular, so can IYDLM.

throwing smth new in the round:
how about a polished We be ballin' Version
I quite like it. It's not something I listen to often but when I do I tend to think to myself that it's not bad. Might make a nice album track.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it: it's got a really nice flow to it.

I wouldn't say it's something that should appear on a Michael Jackson album considering Michael only shows up on the chorus, but as a promotional single or a B-side? Definitely. It's a solid groove that deserves more recognition!

Nothing against We Be Ballin', I like the sound of it but the moment they use that as a release is the moment I start to feel they are really trying to pull from the bottom of the barrel for MJ music. To release a song that Michael was a featuring artist that was for a movie about stripper rivalry on an official album.. eh!

Maybe on a collectible box set!

Back