New Bad Tour Wembley Trailer! [Discussion merged]

Re: New Bad Tour Wembley Trailer!

Well look at Yokohama right at the end of the trailer - quality of that ain't great in the trailer either and they have the masters for that! I think it's just the overall quality of the trailer isn't wonderful. I reckon a lot of folk gonna be surprised at how much better the quality of the concert is once they have the DVD.

You can't please all the people all the time but seriously, sometimes MJ fans are so depressing to listen too. So much negativity! Who the hell cares if a still shot is not in perfect HD, I'm not gonna watch the thing in slowmotion anyway. Maybe you all should make your own litte thread "Why I won't buy the Wembley concert dvd" and you can all whine about it in there.

I'm excited for this and can't wait to watch the dvd over and over and over and over.

Well,there was such thread, but mods close it after the statement, to not have multiply threads about the same theme. So, i think you get, whom you should give an angry face. Deal with it.

Just kidding.

Really excited now I can live with that quality in 2 weeks time BAd 25 will start to arrive at work can't wait to watch this on my lunch break

So that Bad snippet that they released before was indeed the final product. If this is really official trailer than quality sucks big time. I will think twice before buying this. It's like watching a concert on youtube, even worse. I'm buying just standard 2 CD edition for now.

I thought it was gonna look hella worse (if any of this is actually from the DVD).
Comparing this to the Bad clip, it's a lot better.
But who knows I'd they used any of the DVD footage

Well, leaving aside the quality, I can't wait to finally watch a whole, fans it seems have forgot how difficult and lucky was the Estate agree to finally release a whole concert of the second leg.

Totally have a right to be negative. We are consumers.

Does it really matter? It doesn't ruin my Wembley concert dvd experience.

Of course it doesn't matter. I was jut saying that i prefer Man In The Mirror with The Way You Make Me Feel shirt that's all. It doesn't effect the performance and i'm still going to love the DVD anyway.

So from looking at this footage if its "official" what dates are included in this trailer?

I got chills watching that lol. I will judge it how it looks on my tv. I know they did their best with a VHS copy. I am excited about this. I am going to love seeing a concert from start to finish. I never saw Michael in concert so this great to me.

The trailer's compressed, also YouTube 480p compression is horrible. YT does a better job compressing stuff to 360p in some cases. (it used to be that 360p sound was better than 480p)

If it was optimal conditions, the watermark "Bad 25" should be pretty sharp.

The trailer's compressed, also YouTube 480p compression is horrible. YT does a better job compressing stuff to 360p in some cases. (it used to be that 360p sound was better than 480p)

If it was optimal conditions, the watermark "Bad 25" should be pretty sharp.

I noticed that too and probably TWYMMF video would also look better.

Anyway, I'm getting so excited!! The quality is not the best but it I'll be satisfied!

calm down. this is bad quality compared to the DVD!
skeptic people. skeptic people everywhere!

Not skeptic but realistic... If you'd like to compare this quality to something we already have, I'd do it choosing the old Rome '88 report with WBSS, RYW & DD. Till today, I had hope that the quality will be pretty good. But after watching this, the only thing we can get excited about, is to see the full BWT show and amazing audio from multitracks. That's all. And it's sad true.

The question, and thing that can save this DVD thing is that this is footage before restoration... If it's after, then from this trailer I can tell that color correction was done badly... Whites looks awful, MJ's skin is orange in general. There's absolutely lack of details and sharpen. The footage looks blurry. If you pause the video during the MITM spin... OMFG I can't even describe how crappy it looks. Just like after using chroma keyer. That's what I've noticed.

So please don't get excited about the quality. I get used to this crappy quality of MJ videos. Just compare them to Queen ones. Please open your eyes and let the Estate know we deserve more than this.

Last edited:

Not skeptic but realistic... If you'd like to compare this quality to something we already have, I'd do it choosing the old Rome '88 report with WBSS, RYW & DD. Till today, I had hope that the quality will be pretty good. But after watching this, the only thing we can get excited about, is to see the full BWT show and amazing audio from multitracks. That's all. And it's sad true.

The question, and thing that can rescue save this DVD thing is that this is footage before restoration... If it's after, then from this trailer I can tell that color correction was done badly... Whites looks awful, MJ's skin is orange in general. There's absolutely lack of details and sharpen. The footage looks blurry. If you pause the video during the MITM spin... OMFG I can't even describe how crappy it looks. Just like after using chroma keyer. That's what I've noticed.

So please don't get excited about the quality. I get used to this crappy quality of MJ videos. Just compare them to Queen ones. Please open your eyes and let the Estate know we deserve more than this.
tumblr_m9mkasbBka1rdfw7yo3_500.png

Totally have a right to be negative. We are consumers.

No doubt about it! But still they have explained why they are releasing the show in this quality so what more can you do really? If they cant find the masters or they dont magically fall into their laps what else can be done?

Release a concert that they have the masters for = Bad Audio quality.

Release Yokohama which they have the masters and the audio for = Fans goes apeshit.

Release a concert which they have the soundmasters for and an old VHS source that they can get the quality to ''Decent '' = Bad25.

We (they) can't do much more until they find the film/video masters for wembley or multitracks from other shows. So lets just enjoy this togheter as a family and let this bring some unity and togetherness among us :)

uhmm 1 ) how sure are we that this is "official" trailer? and 2) it's funny to see people complain about a YOUTUBE compressed video that the uploader has further processed to add his user name to the video.

Isn't there already a thread about quality? I'm personally so fed up with this crap talk about quality that I don't even bother to read those boards anymore.

What is it that whenever we get nice news, it only takes few seconds from some of the fans to point out there is something wrong with it? Do you ever look anything good, what is the good part of it?

Suppose I just have to understand that some fans are "class half full" and some "class half empty".

I shall remove myself from this thread, it was fun as long it lasted (about 5 minutes).

No doubt about it! But still they have explained why they are releasing the show in this quality so what more can you do really? If they cant find the masters or they dont magically fall into their laps what else can be done?

Release Yokohama which they have the masters and the audio for = Fans goes apeshit.

Release a concert which they have the soundmasters for and an old VHS source that they can get the quality to ''Decent '' = Bad25.

We (they) can't do much more until they find the film/video masters for wembley or multitracks from other shows. So lets just enjoy this togheter as a family and let this bring some unity and togetherness among us :)

Exactly! We all knew from the start we wouldn't get top quality so if it looks like the Yokohama footage I will be satisfied.

And we don't even know yet what quality it's gonna be. You are judging by footage of a youtube video that is uploaded by who knows who, who knows how and who knows from what source.

If you got the actual dvd in your hands, and you watch it on your tv screen and you still think the quality is rubbish then by all means go write your complaint letters to the Estate and Sony while the rest of us enjoy the magic of Michael.
But then again, the Estate can't give us what they don't have. It seems Michael didn't care enough about his taped concerts to keep track of them (or to get/buy the rights back), otherwise there would be masters available for every single concert he ever did.

We've seen (copies) of u-matic tapes (Rome, Tokyo, etc)
All the sound is decent. Apparently, they don't have multi tracks for these shows. That doesn't mean the audio isn't unusable.

They could have used Wembley 16th audio for a live CD, and a separate show for DVD.

I guess. Whatever.

I think people everyone jumping to this dvd's defense is secretly wanting more too.

But of course, I'm still buying it the day it comes out.

Guys im sorry if you disagree with me but as "decent" as this footage may look i still think its pretty pathetic for a DVD release, i mean, they spent months working on it and i was able to get a better color correction in just a few minutes (right side) -_-

Better1.png

Oh, and let's not forget the recent L.A. '89 clip.
The quality of that is uh-mazing. The audio is certainly tolerable.

Alls I'm sayin is, not being able to remix the audios individual tracks shouldn't necessarily mean its not worth of releasing.

And according to the amazon.com details, TWYMMF performance from the 15th they have multi tracks for (and if I remember correctly, they HAVE the master copy of that show......... A supposedly better vocal performance and/or the fact that Princess Di was there shouldn't have been the main factor for choosing this show...

*random thoughts*

Guys im sorry if you disagree with me but as "decent" as this footage may look i still think its pretty pathetic for a DVD release, i mean, they spent months working on it and i was able to get a better color correction in just a few minutes (right side) -_-

Better1.png

The funny thing is thinking they spent months on it :D

Hunterr, I have one question for you. Are you buying the Bad 25 set?

We've seen (copies) of u-matic tapes (Rome, Tokyo, etc)

Who said they're umatics? I'm sure they're betamax tapes. That LA was also from beta. Just some betas are more degraded, some less. LA was good beta.

LOL this thing isn't even STILL a final trailer. It's just a USA TV spot. I guess we still have to wait for the actual trailer :/
Either way, it made me excited about the concert (just quality issue is slightly bitter) :)

LOL this thing isn't even STILL a final trailer. It's just a USA TV spot. I guess we still have to wait for the actual trailer :/

Meh, still footage

The question, and thing that can save this DVD thing is that this is footage before restoration... If it's after, then from this trailer I can tell that color correction was done badly... Whites looks awful, MJ's skin is orange in general. There's absolutely lack of details and sharpen. The footage looks blurry. If you pause the video during the MITM spin... OMFG I can't even describe how crappy it looks. Just like after using chroma keyer. That's what I've noticed.

Okay, then (I guess) I'm a dreamer :D
If it's bad quality it doesn't matter! We have enhancers like MJJLatvia!
Our expectations are just too fucking high since we got the Moonwalker Bluray!
You should also know that I've downloaded this from YouTube. and the I've converted the .flv file to .avi (to open it in sony vegas).
and you don't like the colors? open it in sony vegas and change the colors! that's done in less than 2 minutes!
but you're right. sometimes there is too much yellow or green tint.
I will still be excited! I almost had an heart attack when is saw the trailer first :D
My eyes are already open, I just give a damn about the quality :)

WOW!!!! Looks great, I can't wait! So excited after seeing that. I just think it's a poor quality source for the trailer to be honest because even the clips from MJ's music videos that are included in the trailer aren't in dvd quality and we all know they weren't ripped from a vhs tape. Either way I'm really really looking forward to it!

Back