new discovery - sample found from the 2010 mix of DYKWYCA

That drum beat loop is something you can find in quite a few songs, it's a basic one. I thought I had made that discovery myself back in 2010 as well :LOL:

The Estate didn’t remix the track, Tricky Stewart did.
Yes, i know it was Tricky Stewart. But, i dont know when this was. Wasnt it 2010? Michael's version is older, and different, without the sampling.

Yes, i know it was Tricky Stewart. But, i dont know when this was. Wasnt it 2010? Michael's version is older, and different, without the sampling.
Why would you blame the Estate then? It’s not their fault. They put a highly successful producer in charge of working on the track. And let’s be honest here, sampling a drum loop is not a bad thing. Michael did it himself e.g. with Money.

Why would you blame the Estate then? It’s not their fault. They put a highly successful producer in charge of working on the track. And let’s be honest here, sampling a drum loop is not a bad thing. Michael did it himself e.g. with Money.
That's not the point. And that's not what I wrote about. It's about the fact that the Estage has no ideas of its own.

IMO the greatest posthumous track so far. This and Best Of Joy are the best reworks imo. These two songs could fit on a real MJ album.

That's not the point. And that's not what I wrote about. It's about the fact that the Estage has no ideas of its own.
It's a scrapped song that wasn't even supposed to be online, why did you come here to whine about "Estate bad"? Go listen to the version on Xscape then if you care that much.

I like the 2010 version but to be honest DYKWYCA should have had a more 'Man In The Mirror'/Keep The Faith/Will You Be There-gospel kinda instrumentation, because of the serious theme of the song, imho

I like the 2010 version but to be honest DYKWYCA should have had a more 'Man In The Mirror'/Keep The Faith/Will You Be There-gospel kinda instrumentation, because of the serious theme of the song, imho
You want the demo of Hollwood Tonight then? It's basically what that is lol.

Basically you'd want the demo of Hollwood Tonight then? It's basically what that is lol.
Yeah, DYKWYCA is a 80s pop song through and through. The 90s backbone of this version doesn't betray that, probably the biggest reason to shelve it. The Timbaland version actually loses that 80s charm, to it's credit but also to perhaps it's detriment.

Yeah, DYKWYCA is a 80s pop song through and through. The 90s backbone of this version doesn't betray that, probably the biggest reason to shelve it. The Timbaland version actually loses that 80s charm, to it's credit but also to perhaps it's detriment.
Pop song, really? There is percussion in the demo but I think that's just metronome; the lyrics and theme scream anthem/gospel to me..

Pop song, really? There is percussion in the demo but I think that's just metronome; the lyrics and theme scream anthem/gospel to me..
Maybe it's a good subject matter for it but it's a Michael Jackson pop song. Literally with his Hee Hees at the end and throughout. It's made to be catchy but also poignant. There's a reason he chose Man in the Mirror over this, why it didn't make Dangerous, and why he was going to focus on Hollywood Tonight, which would've been more somber (Still a pop song).

Maybe it's a good subject matter for it but it's a Michael Jackson pop song. Literally with his Hee Hees at the end and throughout. It's made to be catchy but also poignant. There's a reason he chose Man in the Mirror over this, why it didn't make Dangerous, and why he was going to focus on Hollywood Tonight, which would've been more somber (Still a pop song).
Well maybe you are right.. I can see what you mean and yes MJ is known for making pop tunes with serious themes. So maybe he would have transformed this into a beat driven tune as well. Then again I feel it might be a little too dark (like 'Abortion Papers' and even 'Chicago Nights') to have become a real smash pop hit song and maybe that's also the reason it wasn't finished and released.

Anyway I would love to hear it stripped down to a haunting gospel song someday: with a clapping choir, great build up and MJ breakdown! A man can dream right :)

Last edited:
It's a scrapped song that wasn't even supposed to be online, why did you come here to whine about "Estate bad"? Go listen to the version on Xscape then if you care that much.
Seems you just have a problem with a different opinion. ;)
Bye.

Well maybe you are right.. I can see what you mean and yes MJ is known for making pop tunes with serious themes. So maybe he would have transformed this into a beat driven tune as well. Then again I feel it might be a little too dark (like 'Abortion Papers' and even 'Chicago Nights') to have become a real smash pop hit song and maybe that's also the reason it wasn't finished and released.

Anyway I would love to hear it stripped down to a haunting gospel song someday: with a clapping choir, great build up and MJ breakdown! A man can dream right :)
We'd have to hear the Dangerous Era version next to know what he was really planning to do it. Probably the same progression. It could maybe work as a gospel, but with the hook, the guitar solo bridge, and the ad libs at the end, it just sounds more like a regular radio song to me. That they never strayed far from that, two times over, says a lot to me.

im pretty sure this was one of the most sampled drum loops in history, its also on a famous loop cd that producers and djs used to use way back when

I know your game, what you're about.
i dont play your game. ;) you are always searching for troubles. going into a conflict if someone have an opinion you dont like, and then allways playing the game. and then starting a drama. exactly like this here. no thanks. bye.

Back