New Fan and Thoroughly Addicted to Everything About This Man!

Honestly, I am currently trying to figure out why he was so handsome! It doesn't make any sense. It also just blows my mind that I was told by the media that he wasn't attractive.
I have also thought about it so much in last few weeks. How can someone be so insanely handsome and sexy!! Its not just the smile, but every move he makes on the dance floor and the voice!! I think it is his whole persona, he knew how to dress to flatter his body, just the right makeup, how to move but also he had this shy-boy-round-the-corner thing going on. I have not seen a lot of him in media / off stage, but on stage (and in videos), he had this I-own-this-place attitude. It all sort of comes together to create this aura around him. No wonder people fainted at his concerts.

Speaking of childhood - I was never a fan, never paid attention to him. I grew up away from pop culture, media, tabloids. My parents were not into that at all. BUT, today one of my kids was dancing to Bad and my mother was like - "oh your mom also used to dance on that song". I almost dropped the laptop!! WHAT! I have no memory of that, but apparently Michael would be on the radio some times and I would dance on some of his songs. Totally blew my mind! 🤯

It's funny that you bring that up actually, because that was also kind of confusing for little me too. For a while, I didn't understand that J5 Michael and Adult Michael were the same person until I watched the Jacksons: An American Dream and finally put two and two together 😂

Yes, this! This exactly! I always grew up hearing things like "Oh MJ used to be so handsome before, now he's so ugly" and I was always so shocked to hear it 'cus like....ugly where??? I genuinely never understood where that came from. Like, I feel a majority of the time they were just influenced by something they saw in the media, and not by drawing their own conclusions about him. Michael himself also said that if you hear something enough times, you start to believe it, and unfortunately that was the case for a lot of people when it came to him. The media just could not stand to see a successful black man, and honestly, it was all terribly unfair to him. Michael never deserved any of that.
I remember in like 5th grade watching Jacksons: An American Dream and it finally all gelling for me, but I barely remember anything about it. I've been wanting to rewatch it actually, so maybe I will!

Michael was so right about the whole "if you hear something enough you begin to believe it." I teach writing and argument and a theory I teach a lot is about this exact thing. How the language we use generates influence and how hearing certain messages about something prior to exposure to it changes the way you perceive it. If all you ever hear is "michael jackson is so weird looking" then that is all you can see. I also think toxic masculinity was far more rampant back then, so anyone with an androgynous flair was harder to accept as attraction to the population at large. Yet, when you see ho wall of us fans view him, you have to wonder how many people generally agree on this and only started to buy into him being unattractive because they were constantly told to think that. It's really sad for so many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that he was so insecure about his appearance already. It breaks my heart that he had to suffer through vitiligo (which I actually have, but as a fair-skinned white person can hide much more easily) and these changes to his appearance that were not his fault. It truly breaks my heart for him. He was such a beautiful and attractive man throughout his life. I truly believe the only time his attractiveness faded was during times he was actively suffering mentally, or physically, and was generally unwell. Which, frankly, his job wasn't to be attractive and as with everyone, when a person is suffering and it's showing on their appearance, the last thing they should be judged for is how much people want to sleep with them. How messed up are we as a society that while actively tearing this man apart in all facets of his character, people were also tearing apart his appearance, as if the two experiences weren't connected?

Anyway, that was a long rambling way of saying Michael Jackson deserved and still deserves better, we are unworthy of his beauty, and on one will ever be sexier lol.

I have also thought about it so much in last few weeks. How can someone be so insanely handsome and sexy!! Its not just the smile, but every move he makes on the dance floor and the voice!! I think it is his whole persona, he knew how to dress to flatter his body, just the right makeup, how to move but also he had this shy-boy-round-the-corner thing going on. I have not seen a lot of him in media / off stage, but on stage (and in videos), he had this I-own-this-place attitude. It all sort of comes together to create this aura around him. No wonder people fainted at his concerts.

Speaking of childhood - I was never a fan, never paid attention to him. I grew up away from pop culture, media, tabloids. My parents were not into that at all. BUT, today one of my kids was dancing to Bad and my mother was like - "oh your mom also used to dance on that song". I almost dropped the laptop!! WHAT! I have no memory of that, but apparently Michael would be on the radio some times and I would dance on some of his songs. Totally blew my mind! 🤯

INSANELY HANDSOME AND SEXY is right!! It is unbearable to look at him sometimes lol. His smile is radiant in a way that feels magical. His body and his movements, oh dear god. Every part of his body is electrified when he performs. I can watch the same performance over and over and every time see something new and incredible. I'm obsessed, for example, with his finger movements. I LOVE that he wears the finger tape so that our eyes can follow his hands and that ever flick of his fingers gets highlighted. It's shockingly erotic lol.

But wait, you haven't watched many of his off stage appearances?? What have you seen of him that is not performance related? Because if you are attracted to him now, just wait until you understand the full dichotomy of him. His on-stage presence is like sex personified. But his off-stage self is like the sweetest, most humble, most adorable person I can imagine. I am obsessed with his interviews, but also with seeing him accept awards. That is probably one of my favorite things because he is SO SHY and embarrassed and I find it just ridiculously intoxicating to imagine these two distinct sides of the same person.

Oh that is soooo cute about your child dancing, but also you dancing to Bad!! Life really comes full circle! That is so sweet :)

But wait, you haven't watched many of his off stage appearances?? What have you seen of him that is not performance related? Because if you are attracted to him now, just wait until you understand the full dichotomy of him. His on-stage presence is like sex personified. But his off-stage self is like the sweetest, most humble, most adorable person I can imagine. I am obsessed with his interviews, but also with seeing him accept awards. That is probably one of my favorite things because he is SO SHY and embarrassed and I find it just ridiculously intoxicating to imagine these two distinct sides of the same person.

Are you trying to kill me or what! I can only handle the on-stage persona for now. I have seen a few interview and award footage here and there, that is enough for now. I am sure you have seen 'Remember the time' performance in chair because he had a sprained ankle. I find it totally intoxicating and he is just sort if sitting there, moving his hands and head and lip singing and smiling, still!!! That is power!

Are you trying to kill me or what! I can only handle the on-stage persona for now. I have seen a few interview and award footage here and there, that is enough for now. I am sure you have seen 'Remember the time' performance in chair because he had a sprained ankle. I find it totally intoxicating and he is just sort if sitting there, moving his hands and head and lip singing and smiling, still!!! That is power!
LOL I don't want to kill you, but if I have to suffer this much in my love of this man, I don't want to be alone!!! haha Yes, I have definitely seen the Remember the Time performance and he is such a fucking boss in it! That is what is so great about the Dangerous era. It's like he KNOWS finally how incredible he is, while still being humble. He just owns every room he is in and it's intoxicating.

You have to venture into his full personhood lol. I'm telling you, getting to know how sweet he is as a person makes how sexy he is as a performer even more overwhelming. I truly love seeing him at Award shows...watching him accept awards, or just be on stage in a non-performance way because I LOVE seeing him be adored by masses of people. He can't do anything without people screaming about how much they love him. He gets a standing ovation anytime he does anything. It's amazing lol.

You have probably seen this, because it's a pretty popular clip. But this is one of my favorite moments. He is accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1989 and Eddie Murphy is presenting the award. They have an adorable interaction. Michael laughing and seeming embarrassed is everything to me. But also, he is STUNNING in this video. I remember the first time I saw it I was lying in bed scrolling through reels and I actually sat up in bed and yelled "WHAT?!" to my phone before rewatching it 9,000 times lol

yes, thanks for this thread. There is so much I wanted to say about my new found fandom (is that the right word!!) for Michael. I wake up with smile every day because I have "Lady in my life" as my alarm. It is starting to get counter productive as I want to just keep listening to it instead of actually getting up! I have a mini playlist of slow solos that I can listen to if I am not able to sleep. His voice has such a calming effect. And then spontaneously breaking out into a dance during the day. Discovering his music has totally changed the way I spend my days!
Then there are moments of absolute sadness about how his life turned out in 2000s and how it ended so soon. It is so hard to get out of those moments. I have to keep reminding myself that its in past, its over, God always has a plan. Just enjoy what he gave to the world.

You have probably seen this, because it's a pretty popular clip. But this is one of my favorite moments. He is accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1989 and Eddie Murphy is presenting the award. They have an adorable interaction.
I had not seen this one, I have seen similar bantering when he came to accept an award on crutches. These are cuteness overload :love::love: , I am still learning how to handle the on-stage performances!

You have probably seen this, because it's a pretty popular clip. But this is one of my favorite moments. He is accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1989 and Eddie Murphy is presenting the award. They have an adorable interaction. Michael laughing and seeming embarrassed is everything to me. But also, he is STUNNING in this video. I remember the first time I saw it I was lying in bed scrolling through reels and I actually sat up in bed and yelled "WHAT?!" to my phone before rewatching it 9,000 times lol

Oh I absolutely love that one! I just bust out laughing because of him having Eddie adjust the microphone stand 😂 Their banter is just adorably hilarious lol. Oh my lord he was absolutely gorgeous I literally lose it! 🥰

Oh I absolutely love that one! I just bust out laughing because of him having Eddie adjust the microphone stand 😂 Their banter is just adorably hilarious lol. Oh my lord he was absolutely gorgeous I literally lose it! 🥰
RIGHT? I am not kidding. I actually screamed the first time I saw this clip. I legitimately could not survive it, which is why I watched it over and over lol. Their banter is SO cute. My favorite part is how Michael quietly asks for help and then giggles "I can't do it" and then giggles more "Eddie!" and he is so embarrassed and helpless, despite the fact that EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HE CAN DO TO A MIC STAND DON'T PLAY US THAT WAY MIKE!!!

But yeah, he's crazy hot.

Sorry, it's past 3am and I'm psychotically in love and blowing up all the threads. This is where 33 years on planet Earth has led me lol.

RIGHT? I am not kidding. I actually screamed the first time I saw this clip. I legitimately could not survive it, which is why I watched it over and over lol. Their banter is SO cute. My favorite part is how Michael quietly asks for help and then giggles "I can't do it" and then giggles more "Eddie!" and he is so embarrassed and helpless, despite the fact that EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HE CAN DO TO A MIC STAND DON'T PLAY US THAT WAY MIKE!!!

But yeah, he's crazy hot.

Sorry, it's past 3am and I'm psychotically in love and blowing up all the threads. This is where 33 years on planet Earth has led me lol.
Oh yes! :love:

Oh doll don’t be sorry lol I’m with you on that and I’m only 31 lol :ROFLMAO: it’s what keeps us going lol sooooo worth it!

yes, thanks for this thread. There is so much I wanted to say about my new found fandom (is that the right word!!) for Michael. I wake up with smile every day because I have "Lady in my life" as my alarm. It is starting to get counter productive as I want to just keep listening to it instead of actually getting up! I have a mini playlist of slow solos that I can listen to if I am not able to sleep. His voice has such a calming effect. And then spontaneously breaking out into a dance during the day. Discovering his music has totally changed the way I spend my days!
Then there are moments of absolute sadness about how his life turned out in 2000s and how it ended so soon. It is so hard to get out of those moments. I have to keep reminding myself that its in past, its over, God always has a plan. Just enjoy what he gave to the world.
OMG I love that you have "Lady in my life" as your alarm! That is so adorable. I completely know what you mean though. If I allow myself to listen to Michael in the morning, it distracts me for the rest of the day because all I want is to continue listening to him, which leads to wanting to watch him, which leads to my entire life wasted, and a lot (I mean...A LOT) of papers not being graded lol But you're right, his voice has a totally calming effect. Actually! On that note, just today I discovered that he recorded an audiobook for ET, for which he wont a grammy in 1984. I always thought the ET related Grammy came from a song. But no, he apparently recorded the actual book. I seriously cannot wait to listen to it because his voice EFFS ME UP in the most beautiful way.

But yes, the moments of sadness about his life in the 2000s (and frankly, his life post 1993) are really overwhelming to me. Like, I legitimately weep for him and go into a dark place. It's hard because the ONLY thing that comforts me is that it was in the past and is long over and that I choose to believe he is in a better place, more worthy of him than here. But it is actively painful. I truly can't comprehend how long time fans must feel when they think about this stuff. I find it unbearable :(
I had not seen this one, I have seen similar bantering when he came to accept an award on crutches. These are cuteness overload :love::love: , I am still learning how to handle the on-stage performances!

Aww I LOVE the banter when he accepts the award on crutches! I also love when, at the same show, he is giving Eddie an award and the crowd is cheering so hard for him and people are screaming "I love you!" and he's so sweet about it, but also says "this is Eddie's moment" because he's such a king. But yeah, the cuteness of his off-stage persona is impossible to comprehend. Maybe pace yourself for the sake of survival :)

Oh yes! :love:

Oh doll don’t be sorry lol I’m with you on that and I’m only 31 lol :ROFLMAO: it’s what keeps us going lol sooooo worth it!
I have to admit, it was all for show! I am really not sorry at all. This shit is the best ;)

There ain’t no shame in these threads ;)
You know what? My biggest problem is that I want to turn EVERY thread into the 18+ Manhood thread. I can't keep my shit together enough to know boundaries lol. I keep having to double-check where I'm responding to stuff (and then barely editing those responses for appropriateness lol). I created this thread, so I feel free to be a wild animal in it. But I keep accidentally perving up the "favorite pic of the day" thread or whatever. It's just so hard to contain lol.

You know what? My biggest problem is that I want to turn EVERY thread into the 18+ Manhood thread. I can't keep my shit together enough to know boundaries lol. I keep having to double-check where I'm responding to stuff (and then barely editing those responses for appropriateness lol). I created this thread, so I feel free to be a wild animal in it. But I keep accidentally perving up the "favorite pic of the day" thread or whatever. It's just so hard to contain lol.
Lol I know the struggle lol🥵

:ROFLMAO: I hear you. These 3 threads is what my day and dreams are made of. Thanks to the time difference, I wake up every morning waiting for my next present from you guys. It takes all my energy to not look at this at work!

:ROFLMAO: I hear you. These 3 threads is what my day and dreams are made of. Thanks to the time difference, I wake up every morning waiting for my next present from you guys. It takes all my energy to not look at this at work!
This is both so adorable and so relatable!! I feel the exact same way haha. We may have a problem, but at least we have each other!

I remember in like 5th grade watching Jacksons: An American Dream and it finally all gelling for me, but I barely remember anything about it. I've been wanting to rewatch it actually, so maybe I will!

Michael was so right about the whole "if you hear something enough you begin to believe it." I teach writing and argument and a theory I teach a lot is about this exact thing. How the language we use generates influence and how hearing certain messages about something prior to exposure to it changes the way you perceive it. If all you ever hear is "michael jackson is so weird looking" then that is all you can see. I also think toxic masculinity was far more rampant back then, so anyone with an androgynous flair was harder to accept as attraction to the population at large. Yet, when you see ho wall of us fans view him, you have to wonder how many people generally agree on this and only started to buy into him being unattractive because they were constantly told to think that. It's really sad for so many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that he was so insecure about his appearance already. It breaks my heart that he had to suffer through vitiligo (which I actually have, but as a fair-skinned white person can hide much more easily) and these changes to his appearance that were not his fault. It truly breaks my heart for him. He was such a beautiful and attractive man throughout his life. I truly believe the only time his attractiveness faded was during times he was actively suffering mentally, or physically, and was generally unwell. Which, frankly, his job wasn't to be attractive and as with everyone, when a person is suffering and it's showing on their appearance, the last thing they should be judged for is how much people want to sleep with them. How messed up are we as a society that while actively tearing this man apart in all facets of his character, people were also tearing apart his appearance, as if the two experiences weren't connected?
So sorry for not replying sooner! Life ended up just getting in the way, as it does lol

Both Moonwalker and American Dream are on Youtube..... sounds like it's about time for a Jackson movie marathon 😂🍿

Yes and yes, 100%. The toxic masculinity, fragile egos, misunderstanding of disabilities and mental health, just racism in general back then, all of that ran rampant and played a huge part in the tabloid's witchhunt of Michael. It's so appalling that so many people were so okay with just....making things up about him, no matter how outlandish it was, just because it was Michael Jackson. It just amazes me how Michael went through this whole media circus, all while battling his own personal demons, and was still putting on a brave face. I often find myself wondering if Michael would've maybe faired a bit better if all of that were happening in a more "woke" era, instead of back then. I feel like there would've been more pushback against those types of articles, more people speaking out against them because there's a better understanding of those things now. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Mostly, I just wish he had more sincere, trustworthy people on his side.

Anyway, that was a long rambling way of saying Michael Jackson deserved and still deserves better, we are unworthy of his beauty, and on one will ever be sexier
oh yes, AMEN, girl 🙏

Ohhh I hear you. Once MJ gets 'em goin', ya just can't stop 'til you get enough 😎

I often find myself wondering if Michael would've maybe faired a bit better if all of that were happening in a more "woke" era, instead of back then. I feel like there would've been more pushback against those types of articles, more people speaking out against them because there's a better understanding of those things now. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
I think Michael also had a part in creating that awakening, like Princess Diana. Especially due to their premature deaths, I am sure many more people started thinking about ethics and Media.

Ohhh I hear you. Once MJ gets 'em goin', ya just can't stop 'til you get enough 😎
Can we ever get enough! Everytime I rewatch some video, I find something new to admire. :cool:😍 I just can't stop loving him!

I think Michael also had a part in creating that awakening, like Princess Diana. Especially due to their premature deaths, I am sure many more people started thinking about ethics and Media.
Oh yeah, I think you may be right. It's just unfortunate that it had to take their passing in order for some people to come to their senses and realize "hey, we need some boundaries here."

Can we ever get enough! Everytime I rewatch some video, I find something new to admire. :cool:😍 I just can't stop loving him!
I know exactly what you mean! I can just watch him for hours and hours 🥰

So sorry for not replying sooner! Life ended up just getting in the way, as it does lol

Both Moonwalker and American Dream are on Youtube..... sounds like it's about time for a Jackson movie marathon 😂🍿

Yes and yes, 100%. The toxic masculinity, fragile egos, misunderstanding of disabilities and mental health, just racism in general back then, all of that ran rampant and played a huge part in the tabloid's witchhunt of Michael. It's so appalling that so many people were so okay with just....making things up about him, no matter how outlandish it was, just because it was Michael Jackson. It just amazes me how Michael went through this whole media circus, all while battling his own personal demons, and was still putting on a brave face. I often find myself wondering if Michael would've maybe faired a bit better if all of that were happening in a more "woke" era, instead of back then. I feel like there would've been more pushback against those types of articles, more people speaking out against them because there's a better understanding of those things now. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Mostly, I just wish he had more sincere, trustworthy people on his side.

oh yes, AMEN, girl 🙏

OH, it's fine! This week has been eating me alive. I am currently traveling for work and staying in a hotel with my friend and though she (of course) knows about my love for Michael, she doesn't knooooooooooow about it. Just another reason it's so great to have you all!!

Yes, Moonwalker I have watched a bit of already, but planned to watch every moment of at some point. I HAVE to watch the American Dream one! Is it legitimately good? I don't know much about the various biopic attempts that have come out already and which ones fans like and don't like. Either way, I look forward to watching it! A Michael Jackson movie marathon is truly all I want my life to be lol.

It is INSANE that people just made up crazy stuff about him! It is legitimately nuts to imagine how it must feel to be on the receiving end of that. How does any person actually survive the constant scrutiny?? I do a podcast with weekly episodes and I've only received nice feedback on it, but I have a constant fear of people writing bad reviews....I am also a writer and anytime I publish something I live in fear of someone hating it...I also am a college prof and every time I get student evaluations, I worry someone will be mean. I have contemplated starting a YouTube channel several times (I'm actually interested in doing an MJ reaction channel because I'm so wildly enthusiastic about him). BUT, and this is my point in mentioning all of this, the fear of criticism and rejection is SO hard for me to deal with. I still push past it, of course, but that fear (and sometimes reality) is so hard. I imagine a lot of people feel that way.

...so then I think about someone like Michael and the massive amount of cruelty he constantly faced. The criticism and the judgement is bad enough. But not only did he receive that on an unparalleled level, but then he also had to deal with people completely fabricating stuff about him?! How does someone even keep sane with that? That would drive most people to the brink. What's really amazing too is that he was a person who was so, so sensitive and especially to other people's pain. Do you think he was sensitive to his own pain? Sometimes I wonder if he blocked so much pain in himself, that he poured all of the compassion and empathy he had into the world around him. The more I write this, I realize, MY GOD, they must have known it would take something REALLY BAD to break someone like Michael Jackson. He was the most resilient person imaginable.

Regarding the woke era comment.... I do think certain elements of his life would be significantly better. But something I do wonder about is how MJ would have handled social media. He was intentionally mysterious - no interviews, limited appearances, putting out an album every few years - would he have kept this same approach with social media and not really used it for promotion? OR would he have used social media to correct the narratives about him? I'm so curious.

I know exactly what you mean! I can just watch him for hours and hours 🥰

I can watch and rewatch him all day, every day, and well into the night and not get tired of it. I can't even tell you guys how much sleep I have lost since January because I stay up late to watch him.

I loooooooove listening to his music and it's basically all I listen to at all right now. BUT there is just something about his videos. The whole package of Michael is just intoxicating! And no, I don't just mean that in a dirty way lol.

OH, it's fine! This week has been eating me alive. I am currently traveling for work and staying in a hotel with my friend and though she (of course) knows about my love for Michael, she doesn't knooooooooooow about it. Just another reason it's so great to have you all!!

Yes, Moonwalker I have watched a bit of already, but planned to watch every moment of at some point. I HAVE to watch the American Dream one! Is it legitimately good? I don't know much about the various biopic attempts that have come out already and which ones fans like and don't like. Either way, I look forward to watching it! A Michael Jackson movie marathon is truly all I want my life to be lol.

It is INSANE that people just made up crazy stuff about him! It is legitimately nuts to imagine how it must feel to be on the receiving end of that. How does any person actually survive the constant scrutiny?? I do a podcast with weekly episodes and I've only received nice feedback on it, but I have a constant fear of people writing bad reviews....I am also a writer and anytime I publish something I live in fear of someone hating it...I also am a college prof and every time I get student evaluations, I worry someone will be mean. I have contemplated starting a YouTube channel several times (I'm actually interested in doing an MJ reaction channel because I'm so wildly enthusiastic about him). BUT, and this is my point in mentioning all of this, the fear of criticism and rejection is SO hard for me to deal with. I still push past it, of course, but that fear (and sometimes reality) is so hard. I imagine a lot of people feel that way.

...so then I think about someone like Michael and the massive amount of cruelty he constantly faced. The criticism and the judgement is bad enough. But not only did he receive that on an unparalleled level, but then he also had to deal with people completely fabricating stuff about him?! How does someone even keep sane with that? That would drive most people to the brink. What's really amazing too is that he was a person who was so, so sensitive and especially to other people's pain. Do you think he was sensitive to his own pain? Sometimes I wonder if he blocked so much pain in himself, that he poured all of the compassion and empathy he had into the world around him. The more I write this, I realize, MY GOD, they must have known it would take something REALLY BAD to break someone like Michael Jackson. He was the most resilient person imaginable.

Regarding the woke era comment.... I do think certain elements of his life would be significantly better. But something I do wonder about is how MJ would have handled social media. He was intentionally mysterious - no interviews, limited appearances, putting out an album every few years - would he have kept this same approach with social media and not really used it for promotion? OR would he have used social media to correct the narratives about him? I'm so curious.
Who wouldn't love a Michael Jackson movie marathon?! Lol;)

But yeah, no harm in checking out the American Dream one, I've seen it a few times myself to me it's good I'd rewatch it again for a refreshed sense since it's been so long!

I agree with you, to me it is such idiocracy that people over exaggerate the truth, fabricating and let alone make up such ludicrous stories about Michael to the point that it just destroys his soul, it just breaks my heart. Yet in today's culture of the social media boom and political correctness is way out of control, especially the criticism of anonymous eyes and ears, everyone is entitled to their right of opinion until it goes to an extreme, it's just cruel. I'm hoping things will improve regarding this "woke era", I feel that Michael would have kept the same approach, maybe also with a strong and reliable inner circle of people that would help him with handling social media, he would not abuse it unlike other celebrities out there.

Podcasts sound pretty fun to do! You get to be creative and openminded with it, I was curious about doing podcasts just for fun about anything and everything, it would be more fun about Michael especially!

I didn't know you teach college! I'm finishing my associate's soon lol I totally get it about student evaluations, I believe regardless of the criticism, I feel that you make an impact on these students for sure. At the end of the day you know you do make a difference to someone's path/career, that's why I always appreciate the professors I closely work with in the field I pursue to me it will last a lifetime through keeping in touch.

Who wouldn't love a Michael Jackson movie marathon?! Lol;)

But yeah, no harm in checking out the American Dream one, I've seen it a few times myself to me it's good I'd rewatch it again for a refreshed sense since it's been so long!

I agree with you, to me it is such idiocracy that people over exaggerate the truth, fabricating and let alone make up such ludicrous stories about Michael to the point that it just destroys his soul, it just breaks my heart. Yet in today's culture of the social media boom and political correctness is way out of control, especially the criticism of anonymous eyes and ears, everyone is entitled to their right of opinion until it goes to an extreme, it's just cruel. I'm hoping things will improve regarding this "woke era", I feel that Michael would have kept the same approach, maybe also with a strong and reliable inner circle of people that would help him with handling social media, he would not abuse it unlike other celebrities out there.

Podcasts sound pretty fun to do! You get to be creative and openminded with it, I was curious about doing podcasts just for fun about anything and everything, it would be more fun about Michael especially!

I didn't know you teach college! I'm finishing my associate's soon lol I totally get it about student evaluations, I believe regardless of the criticism, I feel that you make an impact on these students for sure. At the end of the day you know you do make a difference to someone's path/career, that's why I always appreciate the professors I closely work with in the field I pursue to me it will last a lifetime through keeping in touch.

Wouldn’t it be so fun to have a movie/concert marathon with other MJ fans?? Like honestly, I love watching this stuff alone, but I find I gravitate toward reaction videos because I want to feel like I can feed off of other people’s excitement and like I’m not alone in mine! I wonder if they ever host virtual hangouts or watch parties on here…

That’s interesting… you’re probably right. I can see him having a team of people and posting in a very calculated, nuanced way, rather than sharing a lot of personal stuff. Honestly, I don’t know that all this social media benefits artists or their fans all that much.

Podcasts are fun! Mine is one my husband and I do together about the tv show One Tree Hill lol. It’s not even one of our favorite shows, but I loved it in high school and we binged it last year, so we decided to start a podcast as a fun project. It’s been super fun to do. Lately though I’m just dying for ways to make content about Michael! I need to channel this passion!

That’s so awesome that you’re getting your degree! Can I ask what you’re studying? I love learning about people’s educational journeys. As for the evaluations, it’s mostly just a fear. I love getting evaluations and I have been fortunate enough to always develop really wonderful bones with my students, so I’ve never had an upsetting evaluations. But I hear horror stories every semester from colleagues and so there’s always that tiny bit of fear each time, you know? I’m so glad to hear you’ve had a positive relationship with your professors! I do think the vast majority of them care quite a lot. I know I do!

Wouldn’t it be so fun to have a movie/concert marathon with other MJ fans?? Like honestly, I love watching this stuff alone, but I find I gravitate toward reaction videos because I want to feel like I can feed off of other people’s excitement and like I’m not alone in mine! I wonder if they ever host virtual hangouts or watch parties on here…

That’s interesting… you’re probably right. I can see him having a team of people and posting in a very calculated, nuanced way, rather than sharing a lot of personal stuff. Honestly, I don’t know that all this social media benefits artists or their fans all that much.

Podcasts are fun! Mine is one my husband and I do together about the tv show One Tree Hill lol. It’s not even one of our favorite shows, but I loved it in high school and we binged it last year, so we decided to start a podcast as a fun project. It’s been super fun to do. Lately though I’m just dying for ways to make content about Michael! I need to channel this passion!

That’s so awesome that you’re getting your degree! Can I ask what you’re studying? I love learning about people’s educational journeys. As for the evaluations, it’s mostly just a fear. I love getting evaluations and I have been fortunate enough to always develop really wonderful bones with my students, so I’ve never had an upsetting evaluations. But I hear horror stories every semester from colleagues and so there’s always that tiny bit of fear each time, you know? I’m so glad to hear you’ve had a positive relationship with your professors! I do think the vast majority of them care quite a lot. I know I do!
Right! Honestly that would be so cool to do that!

We’ll look what happened to MySpace, I don’t think it really does anything…not like it used to but yeah it’s such a different horizon now, but moderation and modesty for what is shared as important is key.

I haven’t seen One Tree Hill in ages lol 😂 but oh yes content on Michael would be faberoo! It would be so fun if we made podcasts like that!

I originally was going to be an elementary education major, though I took courses but I changed it to Forensic Science! I know it’s such a competitive market I’m trying to go into their crime scene unit as a technician. But yes I agree, no matter what we always have impact on our peers, students, and professors.

I often find myself wondering if Michael would've maybe faired a bit better if all of that were happening in a more "woke" era, instead of back then. I feel like there would've been more pushback against those types of articles, more people speaking out against them because there's a better understanding of those things now. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
I'm super late to reply to this, but I definitely agree here. Remember how fairly recently people seemed to become more understanding of Britney Spears and realized how terrible everyone was to her back in the day? I could maybe see that kind of collective realization about Michael happening one of these days.

Back