New Fan and Thoroughly Addicted to Everything About This Man!

Then, when Michael showed up… wow. I was enraptured. The way he moved, the power in his voice, the way he commanded your attention every second he was on the screen.
I can absolutely relate to this. 12 years later, different song, same experience! I lived in a world far away from pop culture, so I did not really know much about Michael, I had only heard some of his songs not knowing their significance. When I first say him in video few months back, it hit me like lightening! What a performance! The way he moved, almost out of this world!

MJ truly changed my life. His music got me through the lowest lows and boosted me during the highest highs. I learned to sing and dance by watching him. I fell in love with music and performing because of him, and that led me to the people I currently call my best friends. Sometimes I feel like an absolute psycho because of how obsessed and devoted I am to a man I’ll never meet, but there is no way to truly express what his music has done for me.
He changed my life too, though in a very different way. I am almost a decade older than you are, and discovered him a decade later than you did, so supposedly should be wiser! but I am still obsessed beyond reasonable!

He changed my life too, though in a very different way. I am almost a decade older than you are, and discovered him a decade later than you did, so supposedly should be wiser! but I am still obsessed beyond reasonable!
I always thought it was impossible for adult people to become fanatic about a person or artist but it is not true.
I heard a phone call on the radio about a woman your age who had been to a lady gaga concert and ever since she was in awe of her as an artist and person. She also said she never thought this could happen to her.
So you’re not alone, different artist, same story lol

I always thought it was impossible for adult people to become fanatic about a person or artist but it is not true.
I heard a phone call on the radio about a woman your age who had been to a lady gaga concert and ever since she was in awe of her as an artist and person. She also said she never thought this could happen to her.

I always thought the same way until I became insanely, fanatically obsessed with Michael this year. In fact, I never experienced this kind of all-consuming obsession even as a kid, or teenager, for anyone. I had people I liked and people I was super interested in and people I thought I was obsessed with. But I didn't know obsession until this year and until Michael lol. He has redefined the word for me. The depth to which I love him shocks me on nearly a daily basis lol.

I've seen and heard lots of fans talk about how the MSG shows were their first exposure to Michael and how blown away they were. For many people that is where their fandom started. And I don't have a problem with that. Or even with people moaning about those shows. It's some of the language or the attitude that I have a problem with. If people find that first show disappointing, OK, fine, but maybe just say that rather than tearing Michael down. I think if we're going to criticise those shows we need to look at the bigger picture. Or at least modify some of the language that gets used. I agree, some comments I've seen / heard are outright cruel and I think it's entirely unnecessary. There is enough of that from people who don't like Michael. Please let's not add to it.

Totally know what you mean. And it's good to get stuff out. I've vented my frustration on that thread. Now I need to move on from that.
If I could applaud all of this any louder I would. Particularly the stuff in bold. LANGUAGE MATTERS. This is something I live by and teach about. The language we use matters. We dehumanize people in ways we may not even realize and the more we do that, the more normal it becomes, and the less we care. Michael was not a machine. He was a human being. Human beings deserve compassion, grace, and an acknowledgment of context. Moving on from the rest of that conversation...just wanted to say how much I appreciated what you said.

But in terms of actual songs, as opposed to particular shows, I'm OBSESSED with 'Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming'. I cannot stop watching that one. Usually Toronto but sometimes ...

Thank you for some of the songs you mentioned! That's actually what I meant by performances, so even better :) I did watch a Victory tour awhile ago and I was in love with it. But the brothers cooled me down enough that I could handle it without losing my absolute mind. And I don't mean that with any disrespect to them. They are all wonderful. But Michael does things to me... you all know. we all know. It's true of everyone in this thread lol.
And f&m isn't helping. There have been more J5 suggestions (all flaming brilliant) so I think a cease and desist letter is in order there. My blood pressure can't take much more of this. I watched 3x J5 today. I was on the floor by the end.
LMAO I am dying at the fact that you did not tag him in this very benign post about Michael's concerts, but that you DID tag him in the Manhood posts more than once.... you're amazing :ROFLMAO:

Sorry. This post is far too long.
Not something to ever apologize for :)

I do tend to forget that. Not sure why, lol. Any picture of Michael that I think is nice and quiet and you'll be going crazy. So funny, lol.

It's because I am a wild, shameless animal and I wouldn't have it any other way lol.

I did watch a Victory tour awhile ago and I was in love with it. But the brothers cooled me down enough that I could handle it without losing my absolute mind. And I don't mean that with any disrespect to them. They are all wonderful.
Interesting. The brothers are heating me up. Big time. I always had a little thing for Jackie, such a pretty face. Tito's got a little bit of a thing going on. But, my god, Marlon is wrecking me. I did *not* see that coming. He's got the weakest voice, imo, and is not the best looking. They are all good-looking but the others are way ahead of Marlon, I think. But he's got mooooooooves! And his body, oh lordy lordy!

Lordy!!!! That's some serious heat right there. 🥵

It started with Triumph, blew up with Victory and now it's all of it.

Looks like Michael has got some competition. Who woulda thunk it? :D

I don't know if this counts as heresy. But it sure as hell is something.

Michael said Marlon was the better dancer.

Here‘s a video of a solo Marlon performance

Hah!!!

Vindicated!!!!!!!

I've been thinking this all day but assumed I was in a minority of one. Good to know Michael agrees with me - or, I guess, it's the other way around and I'm agreeing with him, lol. Whatever, this is great so thanks for sharing. One of the many things I did not know.

Marlon has a looseness about his movements that is very like Jackie Wilson (I would say more but this is not Manhood). I still cannot work out whether Michael did not have this or just chose not to use it. I sometimes see intimations that he had it. I can't make up my mind. But Marlon def has it. Oh boy, does he have it.

Thank you for the videos. I'm off to listen to a bit more of Brett Barnes, I'll catch these later. I'm intrigued.

I thought so too! :ROFLMAO: Its job of teenagers to go crazy after celebrities. I am so above that now! Then comes Michael singing and dancing and its all over! Though I don't know if it was a different artist, it would have had the same impact. Michael just seems to have some magical impact on certain type of people. I have been to live concerts before, and I remember having time of my life, but none connected the way watching Michael on YT connected. That said, art is personal, so someone else looking at same thing may not be moved the same way.

PS: "your age" - @filmandmusic can you decide what age you want to be! Sometimes we are same age, sometimes you are in 70s (I don't know why I thought that, but there has to be a reason!).
PPS: @filmandmusic You don't really have to decide or declare, that's the beauty of online forum, we can be what our hearts wants to be :)

Looks like Michael has got some competition. Who woulda thunk it? :D
What! Michael has no competition!

Hah!!!

Vindicated!!!!!!!

I've been thinking this all day but assumed I was in a minority of one. Good to know Michael agrees with me - or, I guess, it's the other way around and I'm agreeing with him, lol. Whatever, this is great so thanks for sharing. One of the many things I did not know.

Marlon has a looseness about his movements that is very like Jackie Wilson (I would say more but this is not Manhood). I still cannot work out whether Michael did not have this or just chose not to use it. I sometimes see intimations that he had it. I can't make up my mind. But Marlon def has it. Oh boy, does he have it.
This kind of talk needs to go into the heresy thread!! :eek:🤫:rolleyes:

What! Michael has no competition!
Oh, he does now! Marlon's moves on Victory or on the Carol Burnett Show? Just ... mm!

This kind of talk needs to go into the heresy thread!! :eek:🤫:rolleyes:
Well, I did say that but it was sw23's comment about the brothers that got me started. It's so funny. Michael photos that calm me down get her revved up. The brothers cool her down but get me going.

Hilarious!

Oh, he does now! Marlon's moves on Victory or on the Carol Burnett Show? Just ... mm!
I am defiant and unrepentant. I'm telling you, Marlon has moves. And snake hips. And he knows what to do with them.

His dancing needs a bit of work, tho'.
whoever this Marlon person is, does not hold a candle to Michael.
Can he do this and set the stage on fire! 🔥
giphy.gif

PS: I can't even type my whole comment anymore

I am defiant and unrepentant. I'm telling you, Marlon has moves. And snake hips. And he knows what to do with them.

His dancing needs a bit of work, tho'.

And I am very happy for him! lol All of the brothers are super talented and worthy of praise, but...

They don't send me to the pit. They don't melt my brain and propel me into torrents of debauchery. I don't want them to light me on fire.

All of that madness is reserved for Michael! Poor, sweet Michael lol.

whoever this Marlon person is, does not hold a candle to Michael.
Can he do this and set the stage on fire! 🔥
giphy.gif

PS: I can't even type my whole comment anymore

uhhhh yeah. This gif rips me apart.

All of the brothers are super talented and worthy of praise
Hm. Well ... maybe ...
All of that madness is reserved for Michael! Poor, sweet Michael lol.
I do sometimes feel sorry for Michael. It's a heavy load we place on him. He seems to cope but, still, it's a lot for one person.

Btw, did you notice Brett's awesome description of Michael? He described him as frail and then immediately retracted that. So then he's trying to describe Michael's physicality and talks about his dancer's body and how it was all muscle. Can't remember the time stamp but it has to be in the first 45 mins cos it was in my first go round. I almost fainted.

That's the realest thing, isn't it?! Once someone sets you on fire, there is no turning back! 😍
Well, this is the thing. He isn't *really* any competition for Michael (oh, please!) but he has got me. He really has got me. Those moves have just, well, like you say. No turning back. I can't unsee it. I've been having thoughts all day. Quite uncontrollable thoughts.

Btw, did you notice Brett's awesome description of Michael? He described him as frail and then immediately retracted that. So then he's trying to describe Michael's physicality and talks about his dancer's body and how it was all muscle. Can't remember the time stamp but it has to be in the first 45 mins cos it was in my first go round. I almost fainted.
OMG! dancer's body, all muscles! Of course the way he moved it had to be! I need to be listening to this kind of talk IMMEDIATELY!

Well, this is the thing. He isn't *really* any competition for Michael (oh, please!) but he has got me.
Now we are talking! Don't you worry, its just a crush, it will pass! Michael is forever!

Hm. Well ... maybe ...
LMAO! OK, so to be fair, I don't really know much about the brothers... I do listen to J5 and the Jacksons but I've not paid attention enough to even really learn much about them as individuals. So maybe that's not true. I just meant I don't want to be disrespectful of their talents just because they don't ruin me lol.

I do sometimes feel sorry for Michael. It's a heavy load we place on him. He seems to cope but, still, it's a lot for one person.

Yeah, I feel that way all the time. I mean, just the way I described my response to him, while totally accurate, is just completely insane lol. It makes me feel bad for him, even though we have discussed elsewhere his intentionality in provoking these responses, as well as the fact that it's not like it harms him that we feel react this way. But as everyone knows, I feel bad sometimes because I respect him so thoroughly as a human being, but my wildness for him just cannot be tamed. I don't know what to do about it lol.

YES!!! So interesting! I appreciated that he vehemently said the word "frail" was wrong, right after he said it. I also loved that part lol.

OMG! dancer's body, all muscles! Of course the way he moved it had to be! I need to be listening to this kind of talk IMMEDIATELY!
This is the thing. In the middle of this terribly serious, very important discussion he talks about Michael and, all unknowingly, describes him in a way that just destroyed me. It was quite a moment. That's how come I don't even have a time stamp. I was all over the place.

Now we are talking! Don't you worry, its just a crush, it will pass! Michael is forever!
I don't think this is a crush. Michael is surely forever but I don't think this Marlon thing is going away. If you could see inside my head. We're talking sw23 here, lol. That's how I measure these things nowadays.

Well, this is the thing. He isn't *really* any competition for Michael (oh, please!) but he has got me. He really has got me. Those moves have just, well, like you say. No turning back. I can't unsee it. I've been having thoughts all day. Quite uncontrollable thoughts.
This is what happened to me with Michael! When I first got into him, I would watch him in utter amazement and feel a twinge of something during certain...uh, moments... of his dancing, but I was so not expecting to be attracted to him that I was really taken aback when a few days into watching him I was Googling things like "is Michael Jackson sexy?" every five minutes, trying to sort out my feelings. At first I felt sort of embarrassed about it because I had grown up hearing the opposite thing about him my whole life, but also because I've just never been so viscerally attracted to a celebrity of any kind. The depth of my attraction to him is borderline unhinged lol.

So anyway, my point is that once I fully crossed over (which in total took like a week lol) I have never been able to return to not seeing him this way. So while Marlon may not be much competition for Michael, I would venture a guess that those thoughts aren't going away anytime soon lol.

I don't think this is a crush. Michael is surely forever but I don't think this Marlon thing is going away. If you could see inside my head. We're talking sw23 here, lol. That's how I measure these things nowadays.

LMAO oh God I cannot believe the name I have made for myself here!!! I don't know whether to be embarrassed or deeply proud! :ROFLMAO:

This is what happened to me with Michael! When I first got into him, I would watch him in utter amazement and feel a twinge of something during certain...uh, moments... of his dancing, but I was so not expecting to be attracted to him that I was really taken aback when a few days into watching him I was Googling things like "is Michael Jackson sexy?" every five minutes, trying to sort out my feelings. At first I felt sort of embarrassed about it because I had grown up hearing the opposite thing about him my whole life, but also because I've just never been so viscerally attracted to a celebrity of any kind. The depth of my attraction to him is borderline unhinged lol.
Oh gosh, the Marlon thing isn't on this level. Not even close. It's a little bit similar. It's knocked me for six and is SO unexpected. Like, how could that happen? And it's HOT. But it's not up there with this description. It's like a serious thing and has consumed me all day but so has mature Michael. I was looking for photos of mature Michael early today (because of Vindication Day) and many images that I did not post have been in my mind all day. And when they weren't in my mind (because of Marlon being in there, doing things) he was in my heart. I have a list in my head of photos I have yet to post.

So anyway, my point is that once I fully crossed over (which in total took like a week lol) I have never been able to return to not seeing him this way. So while Marlon may not be much competition for Michael, I would venture a guess that those thoughts aren't going away anytime soon lol.
They aren't going anywhere except into the danger zone. Marked red hot.

hmm, maybe I need to hop over and take a look at this Marlon person just to test my love for Michael!

At first I felt sort of embarrassed about it because I had grown up hearing the opposite thing about him my whole life,
Its funny what background noise of Media does to you. I did not grow up hearing much about celebrities, just that celebrity culture is full of lies, don't pay attention. Still back of my mind, due to some constant background chatter that I did not even pay attention to, I was also a little embarrassed at first. He is not suppose to be a good person. How is he so amazing in his performance, philanthropy and his whole persona. Why did media never report any of that? How could people be so cruel to spread such lies about someone who is so good.

Oh gosh, the Marlon thing isn't on this level. Not even close.

lmao, let's be honest, nothing is.

It's a little bit similar. It's knocked me for six and is SO unexpected. Like, how could that happen? And it's HOT. But it's not up there with this description. It's like a serious thing and has consumed me all day but so has mature Michael. I was looking for photos of mature Michael early today (because of Vindication Day) and many images that I did not post have been in my mind all day. And when they weren't in my mind (because of Marlon being in there, doing things) he was in my heart. I have a list in my head of photos I have yet to post.
I hope you post some! But I also completely understand not posting them (I think we discussed somewhere holding onto certain photos until we are ready...what is wrong with us? lol I get it).

I feel like at this point if I started to find any other celebrity or artist so attractive I'd feel like I'm cheating on Michael. Which is insane on every level, but it's the truth of my heart. I have one committed partner in my real life and one committed partner in my fantasy life and that is Michael! I am a monogamist in this way :ROFLMAO:

Its funny what background noise of Media does to you. I did not grow up hearing much about celebrities, just that celebrity culture is full of lies, don't pay attention. Still back of my mind, due to some constant background chatter that I did not even pay attention to, I was also a little embarrassed at first. He is not suppose to be a good person. How is he so amazing in his performance, philanthropy and his whole persona. Why did media never report any of that? How could people be so cruel to spread such lies about someone who is so good.
I think about this all the time. There's really no one else to compare this to either, because it happened to such an extreme degree with him. I've been on and off Twitter all day following all the viral hashtags about him and I've seen people repost headlines and stuff of how the media treated him during the trial with the #ApologizetoMichaelJackson and it is so hard to see. I remember all of it, but I wasn't a fan then and didn't process it. Now that I know him though, I just feel so much pain in my stomach and in my chest when I see stuff like this. He has got to be one of the strongest people imaginable to survive all that he survived. This is why I am so emotional today.

Well, correction. I am oscillating between ravenous and emotional. The ravenous parts are helping me through the emotional ones.

Oh, carry it with pride, sister. With total pride. It's an awesome thing.

Oh bless you lol. As if I need any more encouragement! :ROFLMAO:

I was also a little embarrassed at first.
My original passion for Michael, I was all fine with that. Then when it went into crazy phase, this was quite a while ago, I was a bit embarrassed cos although Michael was really cool (well, I mean, he had died by this stage - I mean, even when he was alive he'd moved past the college preppy look of early to mid-80's).

Where was I?

OK, so there was a time when Michael didn't seem so cool to me, I loved him but he had no edge. And all of my guys always had edge. He just didn't. Or not as much as the others did. So for a brief moment I felt a bit weird. Crazy, huh? I got over it pretty quickly but for a while there it was a thing. I can hardly even understand it now, looking back. It sounds mad. I'm like, 'was that me? Nah!' But it was me. For a little while.

Back