New Fan Made Documentary “Loving Neverland” (YouTube Release: 2020-08-26)

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know about it. I couldn't bring myself to watch leaving neverland, since it seemed like a one sided smear campaign. Is it worth watching? I'll be sure to watch loving neverland.

Good. Leaving Neverland is full of crap anyway. i didn't watch it either. never gonna watch it. i can't wait until they take it down. hbo full of crap anyway.

Last edited:
Epr9WMmWMAAWee5

I have just finished this I didn't even know it existed had our fellow member Nora75 not brought it to my attention about a week ago.. Most of what I saw was somewhat new to me despite being a massive fan for over 30 years. I was a fan of the artist and never cared much for his personal life, why would I be, it is his life not mine...

My view is I thought it was devastating, I had to fight tears almost throughout the film (and I lost spectacularly). How can a man that has been through so much shit still stand up and have a positive outlook on his own life and the world? I heard about the whole racist angle as a motive to try to get MJ to the ground and I never really warmed up for it but the way it is presented in "Loving Neverland" and with what I have read about racism the last few years I think there is a point to be made here.
As a European who grew up in good conditions I ever not once realized how bad things could get in the USA but the last few years it seems there is a turnaround regarding racism. I see now that racism mostly likely was a very big motive for some if not most media outlets to bring MJ down.

About the allegations I had more knowledge about the bare facts so there was not a lot of new stuff here but how the media handled it all (back then I only cared about partying) I did not know anything about that. How the media deliberately presented only the news they wanted to hear was shocking, the build up to the verdict, the betting on wether he was guilty or not, the tour through the prison were Michael was going to get send to had he been convicted.... I cannot understand how they could get away with that in 2005 in the USA? The USA the land of the free who condemn every country that is not a democracy...

Then came the aftermath, he was free, not guilty but for the media nothing changed. What is even worse is that even his colleagues and other celebrities joined in the bullying. How could Jack Black come on stage mocking MJ without getting booed by the entire audience? Eminem's videoclip... Mind boggling, those people are so far removed from reality, they're living a lie. The fake award they handed Michael, devastating, this is prime bullying, it is heartbreaking and evil.

But Michael he stood up and continued his fight for justice he is one of the strongest individuals I have ever seen, what a powerhouse. I would never be able to endure what had to endure since the late 80s, I am not that strong, I would have you know ended it... Michael was an oak he weathered every storm and he still stood after getting hit by numerous hurricanes. Incredible and humbling...

PS I hope Taj has even more up his sleeve with his documentary but watching this got me renewed believe that a turnaround is possible the only stumbling block could be that no media outlet will want to broadcast it and after watching Loving Neverland it is not unthinkable...

Back