[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

Don91;4227074 said:
The picture disc records are now available on amazon.com / amazon.de for pre-order.

The prices are lower than on the official mj store (I just checked amazon.de)

douple LPs on amazon.de: 47€
single LPs: 29€

And Amazon won't charge you rediculous shippingcosts and actually has aftersale service... Too bad the box seems to be a mj.com store exclusive.

And Amazon won't charge you rediculous shippingcosts and actually has aftersale service... Too bad the box seems to be a mj.com store exclusive.

true.

just preordered History on amazon.de
only mj album (besides BOTD) I don't own on vinyl.
happy to get this one, I just hope the sound will be good for a picture disc.

I've sent a e-mail to the official store to check if "The Picture Disc Collection" is a MJ Store exclusive since the individual picture discs are being sold through other retailers ans I haven't seen the boxset being sold anywhere but the official store. They've sent me the following answer:

"Hi Lucas,

At the moment it is only available on the official store. Unfortunately I don't know if this will change in the future.

Apologies I can't be of more help."

So... they don't know.

I would prefer buying through Amazon since the service from the official store is below average and they charge rediculous shipping costst. It also doesn't feel right that European customers are charged about € 65,00 (30%) more than US costomers. But I guess we don't really have a choice.

ChrisC;4227574 said:
I like the prices. But where do these ship from?

They are located in San Fransico, so I guess they shipp it from the US and EU customers risk the extra charge of import duties and taxes. They charge about € 60,00 to ship it to the EU. Total price arround € 215,00.

I'm still hoping it to pops up on Amazon, but it doesn't look promissing.

Mr. Make Believe;4227579 said:
They are located in San Fransico, so I guess they shipp it from the US and EU customers risk the extra charge of import duties and taxes. They charge about € 60,00 to ship it to the EU. Total price arround € 215,00.

I'm still hoping it to pops up on Amazon, but it doesn't look promissing.

So expensive shipping and import AND VAT duty for higher value purchases. Makes sense.

So expensive shipping and import AND VAT duty for higher value purchases. Makes sense.

Yep, guess finding someone in the US that's willing to repack it and sent it as a gift is the only way to evade the ridiculous EU prices.

I bought the box set, paid £190 for it, just checked the site it's now £138. I've got In touch with them to ask whether I'll be refunded the £52 difference as why should I pay £52 more for the same product, on the same site & release date as a person buying it today.

BOXSET IS CHEAPER RIGHT NOW ! ! !

I got an e-mail today:

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] Dear Sir/Madam,
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] Thank you for pre-ordering the Michael Jackson ‘Picture Disc LP Box Set’ from the official store.
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] We are pleased to let you know we have made some price adjustments that will enable to offer the box set to you at a price equivalent to the lower pricing for the United States. This results in a price reduction on the box set so you will shortly receive the below reduction (or refund if already charged) on the payment method you used to place your original order. [/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] £ GBP box set was £190 / now £138 = £52 refund
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] € EURO box set was €215 / now €155 = €60 refund
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] The box set will be dispatched in line with the release date on Friday 24[SIZE=-1][SUP]th[/SUP] August.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] We hope you enjoy the collection and the special collector box![/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] Best regards
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal] The Michael Jackson Store Customer Service Team
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Yeah looks like the email is going out to everyone who pre-ordered. Delighted with the new price.

Did anyone who purchased this box set through MJ store just get an email regarding a refund for the new prices?

Came here to share the great news, but you guys beat me to it! I got the message as well, so yeah I guess they're sending it to everyone who ordered. The price difference was just not reasonable. Good thing they fixed it.

Seriously considering this now. Might wait until people receive it.

i had an e-mail yesterday saying that they have lowered the price on this picture disc set to uk fans....its now in line with usa and is £138....they are refunding me £52 as i orginally paid £197....

Great news that they've decided to reduce the price in the UK and Europe!!

Anyone here in the US that ordered? Think it was supposed to ship today or before for those guys.

I am thinking about this , but wondering if anybody in the US has order this yet?

My local record store just got it in. I went to their website, and bought the albums. The guys down there who run the place already sent me an email, so tomorrow I'm going to go down there and pick them up.

I'll let everyone know what I think of the vinyls. This store is where I bought new vinyl copies of OOW, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous.

And the records were decently priced, I thought, considering they're picture discs and they're double albums.

Has it been confirmed that there is no Thriller release with these new vinyl?

Back