[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

Mine finally arrived, woot! no. 936. It looks awesome! I wonder how many of this release are being produced.

Does anyone have 1000+?
I don't know if they ship it in order, but if so; my pre-order is no. 936 all ready and it's still for sale. So I guess it isn't that limited. Since they never mentioned a number I'm afraid they just keep producing them on demand. Still nice item to have

The vinyls in the box are in no way different to those being sold individually are they? I mean, serial or barcode wise?

I got mine today, number 879!!

They are very good looking although I have not listened to them yet I have heard they sound very good for picture disks.

All of them look amazing luckily my personal favourite album at the moment (subject to lots of change) is History and the pictures on that are incredible and it looks amazing. Also, as a note invincible is really well printed and looks really good, I jumped out my skin when I saw the red side, amazing.

What I will say is the detractor from this set is the Dangerous album. The A side looks amazing but the other sides are zoomed in and they look pretty terrible to be honest.The picture is very distorted and blurry and they could have done a better job with this one.

It just stands out as the others are crisp clean and for dangerous to be so blurry it really jumps out to me some people may not care but I just feel it could have easily been made to the quality of the others.

Overall I would definitely recommend.

ChrisC;4230039 said:
The vinyls in the box are in no way different to those being sold individually are they? I mean, serial or barcode wise?

Barcode is the same. But the collectors are different.

Diamond Celebration (US Version):

DlcA958XoAAJNuf.jpg

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...inyl-box-set?p=4228901&viewfull=1#post4228901

Individual Copies (EU Version):
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-Off-The-Wall/release/12430554
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-Thriller/release/12442614
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-Bad-/release/12436739
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-Dangerous/release/12443776
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-History-Continues/release/12445961
https://www.discogs.com/de/Michael-Jackson-Invincible/release/12398765

The difference is the printed Sony Music Logo, Made in EU, Gütersloh on the back cover of the EU versions, of the individual copies.

R-12445961-1535446992-2767.jpeg.jpg

The Diamond Celebration (US Version) don't have the Sony Music Logo on the back cover, but have Reg. U.S. Pat. & TM. Off. Marca Registrada printed on it. This indicates that it is the US Version.

I dont know if there is a EU Version for The Diamond Celebration, or a US Version for the individual copies.

Last edited:
What I was wondering is, could you buy the individual records and put them in an empty picture disc collection box and pass it off as that?

May be an odd question but just wondered if the ones sold WITH the box are different from those sold individually?

I guess similar to the Thriller singles pack. All the singles that came with the set are numbered differently from the singles that were released separately.

I dont know if there is a EU Version for The Diamond Celebration, or a US Version for the individual copies.

Can't check this right now since I'm not at home, but I do remember a "printed in the Czech Republic" sticker on the box in which the diamond collection came. Apparently there is a us and a EU version. So to be sure what's going on, we have to compare the us box with the us separate album releases and do the same with the EU versions.

So I checked the back of the individual release while I stumbled upon them while shopping. The EU individual release do have the Sony Music logo printed on the back. Is any European in here that has the box set that can check if the Sony Music logo is on the back of the vinyl inlays?

It's the a US fan that can check the back of the inlays of the box set vinyls and the individual releases? I can't find any US releases with decent pictures on Discogs. Thnx!

Damn. Yesterday i thought i am buying at least the Diamond Celebration. But then i saw its sold out in the EU Store?

Damn. Yesterday i thought i am buying at least the Diamond Celebration. But then i saw its sold out in the EU Store?

Appears to be out of stock at the US and UK stores too.

Hopefully they don't restock. I'd like this to be as limited as possible.

:ranting:email from today...

Thanks for your email.

Sadly there are no current plans to get this item back in stock, sincere apologies.
However, this could change so keep an eye on the store in future.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Alessia on behalf of the Customer Service team.

:ranting:email from today...

Thanks for your email.

Sadly there are no current plans to get this item back in stock, sincere apologies.
However, this could change so keep an eye on the store in future.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Alessia on behalf of the Customer Service team.

Although I do appreciate it's frustrating for those who didn't get it early, it's encouraging for those who did to know that calling this item "limited" wasn't just to get it shift units.

I was at Best Buy today and they had all the individual records there. They even had a sign for it in the vinyl section that said "Michael Jackson Diamond Celebration". I was really tempted to buy them but I will hold out for the box set.

OK. i have ordered the box at the US Michael Jackson Shop. The UK and the EU shops still dont have this item anymore.
Are there People from Europe here who bought this at the EU Shop?
Can u tell me if u have paid Customs duties? I'm sure u dont have.

I have to pay 57 Euro for customs duties. Cause it was sent from the US.
so summary, i have to pay 270 Euro. Guys I am angry about it. Thats 80-90 Euros more than normally. So expensive. But that was the only chance for me to get this Box. Just because i was too late to order it at the EU Store.
Horrible are the Shipping costs, 63 Euro. And now 57 Euro for customs duties. That's 120 Euro for shipping. Can u believe that?. I'm so angry about the Michael Jackson shop. 63 Euro for just one item. Thats not normal.

mjchris;4233202 said:
OK. i have ordered the box at the US Michael Jackson Shop. The UK and the EU shops still dont have this item anymore.
Are there People from Europe here who bought this at the EU Shop?
Can u tell me if u have paid Customs duties? I'm sure u dont have.

I have to pay 57 Euro for customs duties. Cause it was sent from the US.
so summary, i have to pay 270 Euro. Guys I am angry about it. Thats 80-90 Euros more than normally. So expensive. But that was the only chance for me to get this Box. Just because i was too late to order it at the EU Store.
Horrible are the Shipping costs, 63 Euro. And now 57 Euro for customs duties. That's 120 Euro for shipping. Can u believe that?. I'm so angry about the Michael Jackson shop. 63 Euro for just one item. Thats not normal.

Customs in the UK is completely made up. Not sure about you but the charge is just whatever they decide they want it to be. I’ve just ignored the box as it’s now out of stock.

I am collector. I just need that item. Thats the problem.

i received the box today. Really good condition. Thought that its maybe damaged. But i dont open it to look inside. Want it to have it sealed. So cant say if something inside is damaged. 270 Euro, holly shit, that was expensive for this. tzzzz. ^^
collecting is such a expensive thing...

i received the box today. Really good condition. Thought that its maybe damaged. But i dont open it to look inside. Want it to have it sealed. So cant say if something inside is damaged. 270 Euro, holly shit, that was expensive for this. tzzzz. ^^
collecting is such a expensive thing...

Good thing you have it now, right?! Congrats! I didn't know it was still available in the US. If it sells out it's still a good investement though.

I had to pester them for like a month for them to send any replacement vinyls and by the time they responded they had no off the wall left. The thriller they sent still had a bend in the insert but it was better than the first one so I guess it's fine. The quality control for this set was absolutely shocking.

Absolutely right. I have ordered the EU Versions at Amazon. I need 12 replacements. Amazon always sends damaged items. But still i dont have the BAD Vinyl in good condition. Damaged Sleeves. Scratches Vinyl. Dirty in the vinyl itself (you can not clean that), damaged inlays,...
So terrible quality with these picture vinyls.

dam2040;4233210 said:
Customs in the UK is completely made up. Not sure about you but the charge is just whatever they decide they want it to be. I’ve just ignored the box as it’s now out of stock.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

The charges are indicated here, if you feel you've been overcharged you can apply for a refund.

This would appear to be an EU thing, and not unique to UK. At least for now.

Any goods over 15 GBP sent from outside the EU you will need to pay. Sometimes you get lucky though and it slips through the net.

I hope some more of these box sets will be available this year for MJ's birthday. I didn't get a chance to buy it last year.

Back