New MJ content (Possibility)

Re: New MJ content?

I do not see the technology to bee good enough yet to make a justifying hologram performance. All detailes, lines, face expressions etc. need to be so good before it's worth watching. - otherwise it just looks like a computer figure pretendig to be MJ... (which of course always will be the case, but you know what I mean :) )

Unfortunately this is just the way it's done, with all holograms. Impersonator with CGI face.

Yeah I know. Maybe I should have just said I hope they never do another crappy hologram again lol.

I hope this hologram will be the first black Michael Jackson hologram after many years of controversial white MJ holograms.

i agree! it can be either off the wall michael, thriller michael, or bad michael. that would be nice. i hope we get that one day MJ one has one at the end. it's really cute. many people said they cried by looking at it.

I do not see the technology to bee good enough yet to make a justifying hologram performance. All detailes, lines, face expressions etc. need to be so good before it's worth watching. - otherwise it just looks like a computer figure pretendig to be MJ... (which of course always will be the case, but you know what I mean :) )

The Tupac hologram at Coachella worked, because they mapped his facial expressions etc. From a live performance and super imposed that on a body double. The fact is its easier to do this with a rapper as their isn't any dancing involved.. They'd have to go through hours upon hours of film/high Def footage from multiple angles to have it the way it deserves.

in order to do that we will need the right technology. we are not there yet. maybe one day if we all still alive.

Michael had hologram in 2018? the hologram i remember was the one singing slave to the rhythm which was awful in my opinion.

Michael had hologram in 2018? the hologram i remember was the one singing slave to the rhythm which was awful in my opinion.

A supposed Prince hologram performed with Justin Timberlake at the Superbowl. Their has been a "hologram" used of Michael at MJOne by Cirque Du Soleil for a few years...

Estate- Please NO hologram ever again.

I agree, for the live performances they should focus solely on archiving all the film camera negatives from each tour from 1970 onwards and assessing what can be released. A hologram to me is more insulting than a tribute concert but that's just my opinion. Back on topic, we have two names that the user has currently addressed.. Darkchild and WILL.I.AM, I wonder if Will has finally gave into providing the estate with the tracks he worked on with Michael?

Last edited:

Estate, please don't make a hologram with an impersonator. They are all GROTESQUE imho.

Halftime show executive producer Jesse Collins said the following about The Weeknd’s upcoming Superbowl show:

“Man, it’s all a surprise. I think there is a lot going on on the show that people aren’t going to expect. And it’s going to be fun. It’s so perfect.”

When I read this yesterday, it didn’t make any sense to me. But now reading the comments... Maybe it is true about the hologram? I mean where did the rumor come up from?

sadly, you can barely see the face of the "one" hologram... anyone has HQ videos or pics? i would love to see the face.. the body is obviously an impersonator and the moves are not good.

that's another thing too. nobody can dance or move like MJ did. i agree maybe hologram is a bad idea. the only thing will work for me are videos and just michael vocals.

it's better than nothing in my opinion.

A black MJ hologram will be better than all the white MJ holograms. Hologram technology will be advanced.

Doggone;4316318 said:
Halftime show executive producer Jesse Collins said the following about The Weeknd’s upcoming Superbowl show:

“Man, it’s all a surprise. I think there is a lot going on on the show that people aren’t going to expect. And it’s going to be fun. It’s so perfect.”

When I read this yesterday, it didn’t make any sense to me. But now reading the comments... Maybe it is true about the hologram? I mean where did the rumor come up from?

I saw the betting odds on twitter yesterday and searched it up on Google, could you link me to where he said this?

I know, I'm pointing out the producers/artists Michael had worked with that the user has stated. Didn't Stargate or Max Martin work on APWNN or am I misremembering?

Yup, Stargate worked on APWNN. Maybe Max Martin is the producer on the reworked version of TYLA with The Weeknd as he also produced Blinding Lights.

Yup, Stargate worked on APWNN. Maybe Max Martin is the producer on the reworked version of TYLA with The Weeknd as he also produced Blinding Lights.

Interesting, thanks. Personally I think the contemporary version of APWNN is the worst on the album. But I love 'Blinding Lights' so that would be great if it's true.

sadly, you can barely see the face of the "one" hologram... anyone has HQ videos or pics? i would love to see the face.. the body is obviously an impersonator and the moves are not good.

This is exactly why they shouldn't use impersonators.

Excuse my ignorance, but ain't it possible to maybe do something with the Ghosts making of? Where he was dancing to animate the skeleton? I just don't see any other option to make a good hologram. No one moves like Michael Jackson.

This is exactly why they shouldn't use impersonators.

Excuse my ignorance, but ain't it possible to maybe do something with the Ghosts making of? Where he was dancing to animate the skeleton? I just don't see any other option to make a good hologram. No one moves like Michael Jackson.

that's an good idea. but i doubt it would work since michael no longer with us. like i said and you just said nobody can dance and move like michael did. that's a fact. i doubt we will ever have anyone like him again in our lifetime.

I hope to god they don't have another impersonator pretend to be Michael and then project it onto a stage. First one was bad enough.
Unfortunately this is just the way it's done, with all holograms. Impersonator with CGI face.

Not only the holgrams visual appearance and moves, but also the song itself -if analyzed from an artistic point of view- was anything but MJ. Tbh, dubbing Michaels voice over someone else's music ain't Michaels art anymore.

Excuse my ignorance, but ain't it possible to maybe do something with the Ghosts making of? Where he was dancing to animate the skeleton? I just don't see any other option to make a good hologram.

Do they still have the dataset from that particular motion capturing? I doubt it.

Now we're talking about holograms.. Where is the sources? Let's not get ahead of ourselves lol

Fuzball;4316339 said:
Not only the holgrams visual appearance and moves, but also the song itself -if analyzed from an artistic point of view- was anything but MJ. Tbh, dubbing Michaels voice over someone else's music ain't Michaels art anymore.

It’s digital taxidermy and incredibly disrespectful. I will never, ever support it.

Fuzball;4316340 said:
Do they still have the dataset from that particular motion capturing? I doubt it.

Not only that but they’d have to sync it to the song and make a performance out of it. Just wouldn’t work.

I’m 100% against any holograms, especially ones of someone as inimitable as Michael. But if they NEEDED to do one, they should try doing a 3D model of his live performances and matching them to the song. Like, take film reels from every show they have, capture as many movements as possible from as many angles as possible, then superimpose them onto a 3D model. Obviously this would be more time consuming (and probably far more expensive) than just using an impersonator, but it would also be more respectful and legitimate.

i kind of agree with your idea someone made a 3d bad tour on youtube. it's okay to me.

Back