New MJ content (Possibility)

Sadly Michael didn't record vocals on it. I'm sure we would have heard it by now if it did.
mj_frenzy;4308820 said:
About the Christmas song that has been mentioned above, Michael Jackson’s long-term contract with Sony (in 1991) stipulated that he had to release also a Christmas album in the following years.

But the Chandler accusations in 1993 put a premature end to these plans for a Christmas album.

Michael Jackson in the following year (1994) entered the studio and he did record one Christmas song with a children’s choir (it was actually a duet with his then-wife Lisa Marie Presley).

He was even wearing his wedding ring while he was recording his vocals on that Christmas song.

Also, for that particular studio session, he also demanded the entire studio to be decorated in a Christmas mood (Christmas lights, lighted tree, candles, angels, etc).

Brad Sundberg has already showed in his seminars some video snippets of that 1994 Christmas studio session.

Re: New MJ content?

Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.
Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.

You're joking......I love that song from Home Alone 2.

I was in the Brad seminar where he showed a video of the decorated studio. Brad said Michael didn't record any vocals for the christmas song.

So sad MJ didn't record vocals. I love Christmas and I sure would love a MJ Christmas song. - the J5 christmas album is great.

I think an adult Michael Jackson Christmas album would’ve been incredible. Imagine him singing holiday classics with Bad or Dangerous era vocals. I’d buy every copy.

These songs weren't on the list of unreleased songs that Michael wrote and/or recorded. And I've spent years reading that list, and the titles seem off lol.

Anyone know what to make of this? I see that Twitter account has tweeted again, teasing new MJ music supposedly. Specifically "The Weeknd" feature. Interestingly The Weeknd also posted MJ pics on his Instagram stories a few days ago too.
YfYbYvr
HgCh2M9

https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1333969384511922177?s=20

Last edited:
That’s true. Either way I’m expecting some new music in 2021.
dethorro;4311719 said:
The Weeknd also posted pictures of Frank Dileo without Michael. So, I don't think that he was teasing a collab.

They should just upload new concert on Youtube for Christmas. Maybe LA 89 or NY 88.

If there's a posthumous song being reworked by Max Martin with a Weeknd feature, then it just might be Michael's 14th number one hit.

LA 1989 will never, ever be released because of James Safechuck.
They should just edit him out. Maybe remove the part when Bad starts again or end it after Michael introduces the band. They can just cut to the crowd or something and we hear the song end.

I like The Weeknd , it would be cool if that happened i guess the collab for a track from 80's too like J.T's LNFSG

The Weeknd would absolutely give Michael another top 10 hit, thus making him the first artist in history to score a Top 10 hit in seven different decades. Smart marketing move if true. We need new music and this is the best way, especially if they put The Weeknd on a post-trial track that MJ never finished.

As for Bad LA, it should never be released. Even if they edit Safechuck out (assuming they were able to; if it’s a Jumbo Tron feed they can’t), the fact that they DID will get more headlines than the concert. There should be NO projects involving Wade or James in any capacity.

The focus needs to be put back on the music so this would be a pretty great way of doing it. Here's hoping it's true. The Weeknd would absolutely give Michael another top 10 hit, thus making him the first artist in history to score a Top 10 hit in seven different decades. Smart marketing move if true. We need new music and this is the best way, especially if they put The Weeknd on a post-trial track that MJ never finished.

As for Bad LA, it should never be released. Even if they edit Safechuck out (assuming they were able to; if it’s a Jumbo Tron feed they can’t), the fact that they DID will get more headlines than the concert. There should be NO projects involving Wade or James in any capacity.[/QUOTE]

waiting for the estate to ruin this aswell.
sorry for being negative, lol. but its the worst estate for the greatest entertainer.

(hoping for the best still..)

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.

Times are horrible, boring and frustrating these days, and we haven't had a proper single song release in years. Why is it so damn hard to light up a nice little project for one single song.

I won't mind a Weeknd collaboration. I am not a fan of his, but I don't dislike him either. And having Weeknd would definitely give MJ another top 10 hit, maybe even a number 1. My only hope is that MJ is singing most of the vocals in the song.

Nite Line;4311761 said:
I won't mind a Weeknd collaboration. I am not a fan of his, but I don't dislike him either. And having Weeknd would definitely give MJ another top 10 hit, maybe even a number 1. My only hope is that MJ is singing most of the vocals in the song.

Agreed. Treat it like LNFSG — MJ takes the forefront and The Weeknd just pops up for a verse and backing vocals.

AlwaysThere;4311766 said:
Agreed. Treat it like LNFSG — MJ takes the forefront and The Weeknd just pops up for a verse and backing vocals.
Agreed. I don’t want another Don’t Matter To Me or Hold My Hand, where MJ is a guest vocalist and not a lead vocalist.

I really hope something new is coming.

A single release with MJ featuring Weeknd would be great.

Still don't know how to feel about the whole tacking another artists onto a song. If it's complete enough to release on its own then it should be released with just him. I don't really care about him getting a number one and it just stinks of the estate not having confidence in MJ.

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.
--------
The real money is made from mj one etc.imo not from releasing the odd song

Sure. But who can turn down more money? Music is the quickest and cheapest way to get some extra revenue.

I think you are overestimating how much the estate care beyond making money. Doing nothing is better than organising a new song.

SmoothGangsta;4311856 said:
I think you are overestimating how much the estate care beyond making money. Doing nothing is better than organising a new song.

Financially, sure. But if the Estate is as money hungry as people insist, it seems odd that they wouldn’t capitalize on an opportunity to make MORE money, especially by using one of the biggest artists in the world currently.

Back