New MJ content (Possibility)

Does anyone have any logical or concrete reason as to why The Ultimate Collection is NOT available on Spotify in Europe? Why?

They have a useless low quality Manila 1996 concert audio, they have Number Ones, Essential Michael Jackson, This is it, all the repacked ones with a couple of bonus songs.

But The Ultimate Collection with tons of bonus songs? No, why should they include that..... To me, this is just another fact as to how The Estate doesn't care to make MJ look the best as possible. It's careless

Does anyone have any logical or concrete reason as to why The Ultimate Collection is NOT available on Spotify in Europe? Why?

They have a useless low quality Manila 1996 concert audio, they have Number Ones, Essential Michael Jackson, This is it, all the repacked ones with a couple of bonus songs.

But The Ultimate Collection with tons of bonus songs? No, why should they include that..... To me, this is just another fact as to how The Estate doesn't care to make MJ look the best as possible. It's careless
They don't even have the European version of Number Ones here in Europe, so Blood on the Dance Floor gets the cold shoulder.

They should release this concert:

They uploaded that on the official Youtube channel so its good enough to be released.
I have so many questions about that show. Was the full show shot in that quality? The audio and video is above other Umatic tapes. Did MTVs crew film it? It doesn't make sense for only 1 song to be in that quality.

As for Dangerous. It seems like that era always gets overlooked because the general public only cares about Thriller & Bad. I would love a doc on Dangerous. It deserves it. I don't care who directs it. That was a statement album. Arguably his best imo. The fact that it's only getting a vinyl is.. .sad.

Adele’s last album sold 3 million copies in its opening week. No one, MJ included, has EVER done that. Literally every living music act moved their projects because they know they’ll get no attention.

December into early 2022 is the best bet, especially if we wanna get MJ another chart topper.
I'm responding to this late so I'm sorry, but I was watching something recently that exposed a lot of music industry secrets.

The takeaway was - you can't compare current artists' record sales to historical ones. Ever notice how a lot of records are suddenly being broken since streaming was a thing?

Turns out the way a "sale" is recorded is so vague. Streams are counted, but a lot of fanbases are manipulating figures by creating playlists and letting them run on and artificially inflating them. Then you have things like YouTube ads that contain the song that are played for over 10 seconds being counted as a sale. Then you have YouTube views (a FREE service, don't forget) counting in with sales figures. You have streams which can be listened to for free, as opposed to having to pay for a physical version back in the day. You have sales being attached to merchandise purchases (in the small print of merchandise purchased from an artist it will say it includes the sale of an album and includes a QR code that can be used to download it. This code doesn't even have to be physical provided, it can just state that). There's a lot of shady dealings.

Sales could manipulated in the past (bulk buying purchases etc) but it depended on the record label's investment potential and was only done by the label. Nowadays, fans have multiple ways of artificially inflating sales too (I can't imagine the average person had the money to buy their favourite artists album 20 times back in the day, but they can certainly stream it on Spotify countless times, watch YouTube videos of it which count towards the data countless times etc).

Lastly, Adele's "3 million in one week" record was recognized by Nielsen, who started tracking this in 1991. They state that this the largest first weeks sales SINCE they started recording these figures. Which invalidates anything released before 1991. The albums of Michael's that could fairly stand against this were recorded before Nielsen tracked this data.

Long story short - I think Adele is as great as everyone else. But let's be careful about saying that she's outperforming MJs career in terms of sales. We're comparing apples and oranges here.

Last edited:
Sales could manipulated in the past (bulk buying purchases etc) but it depended on the record label's investment potential and was only done by the label. Nowadays, fans have multiple ways of artificially inflating sales too (I can't imagine the average person had the money to buy their favourite artists album 20 times back in the day, but they can certainly stream it on Spotify countless times, watch YouTube videos of it which count towards the data countless times etc).
Fans nowadays cannot artificially inflate sales by streaming a song on Spotify countless times, or by watching a YouTube video of it countless times.

Both Spotify and YouTube have implemented ways to prevent that from happening.

A Spotify stream, or a YouTube view (of the song) have to be organic in order to count towards the data of the song.

For example, you cannot generate views on a YouTube video by just watching or refreshing the page (of that video) repeatedly, because YouTube will identify that as a way of spam and it will not record these views or refreshes as real views for the song that count towards the data of the song.

It's not available on American Spotify either, which is a shame. For a while, they had it up there, but with all of the "new" songs blacked out- even the slightly extended version of You Are Not Alone for some reason.

I think in situations like these, it's ultimately the label's choice as to what they put on streaming services. Also, I'm pretty sure that Manilla 1996 album is unauthorized, so Sony USA can just immediately take that down if some random person tries to upload that to Spotify.

I'm responding to this late so I'm sorry, but I was watching something recently that exposed a lot of music industry secrets.

The takeaway was - you can't compare current artists' record sales to historical ones. Ever notice how a lot of records are suddenly being broken since streaming was a thing?

Turns out the way a "sale" is recorded is so vague. Streams are counted, but a lot of fanbases are manipulating figures by creating playlists and letting them run on and artificially inflating them. Then you have things like YouTube ads that contain the song that are played for over 10 seconds being counted as a sale. Then you have YouTube views (a FREE service, don't forget) counting in with sales figures. You have streams which can be listened to for free, as opposed to having to pay for a physical version back in the day. You have sales being attached to merchandise purchases (in the small print of merchandise purchased from an artist it will say it includes the sale of an album and includes a QR code that can be used to download it. This code doesn't even have to be physical provided, it can just state that). There's a lot of shady dealings.

Lastly, Adele's "3 million in one week" record was recognized by Nielsen, who started tracking this in 1991. They state that this the largest first weeks sales SINCE they started recording these figures. Which invalidates anything released before 1991. The albums of Michael's that could fairly stand against this were recorded before Nielsen tracked this data.

Long story short - I think Adele is as great as everyone else. But let's be careful about saying that she's outperforming MJs career in terms of sales. We're comparing apples and oranges here.
Of course. Trust me, I’m not someone to say that contemporary artists are comparable to those who had to rely entirely on physical sales. I just had to note that Adele is a commercial force, and to release anything in her shadow almost guarantees disaster. I’d rather them finally get MJ another #1 album.

It's not available on American Spotify either, which is a shame. For a while, they had it up there, but with all of the "new" songs blacked out- even the slightly extended version of You Are Not Alone for some reason.

I think in situations like these, it's ultimately the label's choice as to what they put on streaming services. Also, I'm pretty sure that Manilla 1996 album is unauthorized, so Sony USA can just immediately take that down if some random person tries to upload that to Spotify.
It makes zero sense.

Imagine them trying to scoop up more unreleased music for future releases (they are even complaining about there not being much left, which is a total lie), and at the same time you have around 14-15 songs in total on all the 4 TUC CDs that are pretty much not available on any other release, hidden from the "public", not included on the most popular music streaming services.

Some even some of the strongest non-studio album songs MJ did (We've Had Enough, Cheater, On The Line)

Ease On Down The Road
You Can't Win
Sunset Driver
State of Shock
We Are The World Demo
Cheater
Monkey Business
Someone Put Your Hand Out
On The Line
Fall Again
In The Back
Beautiful Girl
We've Had Enough

Their incompetence never ceases to amaze me and it continues to fuel my frustration. There are absolutely zero excuses to not include this collection on Spotify. It's also not on iTunes in Europe as far as I know. I can't speak for America. I don't care if some contract out there forbids them to put it there. Fix it, pronto.

I wish it was there but they might want people to buy The Ultimate Collection and not listen it free on Spotify.

I wish it was there but they might want people to buy The Ultimate Collection and not listen it free on Spotify.
So they want people to buy The Ultimate Collection, but not all of the other albums, singles, compilations, etc. that are on the streaming services? Come on, think for a second here. You're just making an illogical excuse on their behalf.

Also, not everyone is listening for "free" on Spotify. I, and everyone else that I know, pay for subscription. I also own TUC physically among with the whole discography x2 and whatnot.

However, in this day and age, we shouldn't have to rip our CDs and put it on the phone if they are official releases from the biggest music start to have ever walked this earth.

It's ridiculous

i'm sorry if this is off-topic but :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

FDnYhOcXEAU2iPK

And there goes another year without getting anything…

It's funny how Tito repeats these kind of words every now and then since a few years😆
“There is more music to release. They have music. He left behind music,” Michael Jackson’s brother Tito told The Sun.

Tito said the Jackson family has plans to record a new studio album, their first since 1989, and that they hope to record a new track featuring previously unknown material from their brother, one of the most celebrated artists in history, who died in 2009.

Well - it's a good way of getting attention. Throw in MJ's name and much more people will read the article...

I really do not hope that the living brothers will take a MJ solo demo and try to make it into a J5-song.

Well - it's a good way of getting attention. Throw in MJ's name and much more people will read the article...

I really do not hope that the living brothers will take a MJ solo demo and try to make it into a J5-song.
Agreed. I liked “This Is It” because they were just supporting vocals. I don’t want to hear them Frankenstein a J5 “reunion.”

Tito Jackson made that statement apparently for his own promotion.

In the same month (August), he released his 'Under Your Spell' solo album, so that statement was certainly a good thing for getting more attention and thus selling more copies of his new album.

If the Jackson brothers release a new studio album (with Michael Jackson's never heard before vocals on at least one song) that would be a commercial disaster, and it would also chart even lower than their '2300 Jackson Street' album (1989).

Considering that the Estate and Sony Music do care about sales and chart success, the chances of releasing such an album are slim to none.

Not that the Ultimate Collection is nowhere uploaded...the History Album is also very hided in "Complitation" even the 2nd Disk

Not that the Ultimate Collection is nowhere uploaded...the History Album is also very hided in "Complitation" even the 2nd Disk
I always thought that the removal of Ultimate collection from streaming services meant that there are plans to release some of the new songs there on a future posthumous album.

posted by Mark Ryden on his Instagram
30 years ago today, Michael Jackson’s “Dangerous” album was released. Here are my other sketches for the project. I’ve never shown these before. I had 5 days to come up with ideas. I feverishly worked that week and came up with one resolved design per day. The parameters I was given were to focus on Michael’s eyes, show the earth in peril, and include kids and animals. I was instructed the image could be scary, but should still be fun. This was the most exciting project of my life up to that point. #MichaelJackson #Dangerous
url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C260727544_373503321219760_1307194890200694158_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D1%26_nc_ohc%3DvFXw3pMlIogAX8y12rQ%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3D812544ff9396c247343b0276ea229c73%26oe%3D61A9881B%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e

url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C260864512_659860448514035_841132582404031462_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D111%26_nc_ohc%3DgzsmLWHwYXEAX-ok3tV%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3Dc3782c242b177838873a35a07163a690%26oe%3D61A9A07F%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e
url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C260789848_252561330272006_8838793231559890496_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D102%26_nc_ohc%3DmQPA5q507XoAX-aEXfn%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3D7edbfd9f9a13494a1ca48c1778afd6ea%26oe%3D61A854BA%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e

url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C260573622_491401745412320_718320517473621375_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D108%26_nc_ohc%3Dl2LF_zmzlaMAX9hHjz9%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3D9ffb3acc4616ddbdcc7708bc48ffb4b4%26oe%3D61A90D80%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e

url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C260589008_275043674571412_4159279489134736712_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-2.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D104%26_nc_ohc%3DRu0dt5_3GvQAX_1M-bP%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3D71e892ff383c8052b5346cc809e95662%26oe%3D61A9750C%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e

url=https%3A%7C%7C%7C%7Cinstagram.flwo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net%7C%7Cv%7C%7Ct51.2885-15%7C%7Ce35%7C%7Cp1080x1080%7C%7C261903657_264245279012359_3652527485803604700_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dinstagram.flwo4-1.fna.fbcdn.net%26_nc_cat%3D107%26_nc_ohc%3D1mSUmcho4xUAX8FgnhG%26edm%3DAP_V10EBAAAA%26ccb%3D7-4%26oh%3D33fe383c6f6d6a468ace44484dacccfe%26oe%3D61A80148%26_nc_sid%3D4f375e

We need something new. This is boring. Most of the big releases this fall have been less than expected. Ed Sheeran has put out the best album so far. Adele is meh, compared to what was expected. Sulk sonic not very good and Drake and Kanye pretty disappointing. Each album has good tracks but a lot of filler in all of these new releases. A Michael release would do well right around Christmas. Of course this is my opinion but let’s get real, great albums are a thing of the past.

Back