New MJ content (Possibility)

there is nothing bad about that performance, great clear vocals. top work Whitney

The Weeknd has released a remix of "Sacrifice" featuring Swedish House Mafia on The Weeknd's album Dawn FM (Alternate World).
In the Music Video, the scene where The Weeknd dances on the light floor is referenced from a MV of MJ's song.

I wonder why the weeknd's music simply doesn't give me anything... its good music.. but he doesn't do anything special with his voice.. it stays on one level in every song he does..
His voice is pretty standard but then out of nowhere I sometimes hear shades of MJ which I love. In the first place I think it is the production of his music that stands apart. For me it sounds like the kind of music you hear in a club when you’re all hazy and drunk. You just go with the vibes despite the songs in itself don’t stand apart.
My explanation sounds negative but as far as pop music goes he is one of the few I like to listen to of the current crop of artists.

He never teased MJ fans, the f*ck you talking about?
I think there was a misconception. The Weeknd would talk about ‘the ghost of Captain Eo’ when in the studio and also posted a few pictures in the studio with pictures of MJ.

I think the teasers referred to the fact that Quincy Jones features on the album and its inspired by Michael Jackson.

I think The Weeknd tried to replicate Thriller and some songs tried to replicate it. The hook in ‘Sacrifice’ sounds like ‘Thriller’ and ‘Out of Time’ sounds like ‘Human Nature’ with some aspects of ‘Baby Be Mine’.

It will never surpass Thriller. Thriller was so popular and still is because of the ‘sonic sound’, it doesn’t have a date because it sounds timeless and modern; it also matured pop by incorporating disco and rock with a solid departure away from boogie and synths — which sound extremely dated. Off The Wall invented a new era in pop by again sounding timeless.

There’s Tweets going around saying that The Weeknd has improved upon Thriller, which makes no sense. First it was Justin Timberlake, Usher, Kanye West and Chris Brown. It’s funny how they’re all compared to MJ, which proves he’s the King. No one compared The Weeknd to Chris Brown as the King.

Regretfully there was no release from the archives in 2021. There are rumours of a February release, but again, from an unreliable source.

I think there was a misconception. The Weeknd would talk about ‘the ghost of Captain Eo’ when in the studio and also posted a few pictures in the studio with pictures of MJ.

I think the teasers referred to the fact that Quincy Jones features on the album and its inspired by Michael Jackson.

I think The Weeknd tried to replicate Thriller and some songs tried to replicate it. The hook in ‘Sacrifice’ sounds like ‘Thriller’ and ‘Out of Time’ sounds like ‘Human Nature’ with some aspects of ‘Baby Be Mine’.

It will never surpass Thriller. Thriller was so popular and still is because of the ‘sonic sound’, it doesn’t have a date because it sounds timeless and modern; it also matured pop by incorporating disco and rock with a solid departure away from boogie and synths — which sound extremely dated. Off The Wall invented a new era in pop by again sounding timeless.

There’s Tweets going around saying that The Weeknd has improved upon Thriller, which makes no sense. First it was Justin Timberlake, Usher, Kanye West and Chris Brown. It’s funny how they’re all compared to MJ, which proves he’s the King. No one compared The Weeknd to Chris Brown as the King.

Regretfully there was no release from the archives in 2021. There are rumours of a February release, but again, from an unreliable source.
The Weeknd never said and will never say that he will surpass Michael. The Weeknd is a *HUGE* MJ fan, and he loves him dearly. Michael was a big inspiration for The Weeknd. I don't understand why people thinking that The Weeknd is ''trying to surpass Michael''. Michael is on another level, The Weeknd knows this. Michael inspired The Weeknd, and you can see this in his video clips, references to Michael, etc. Why do people automatically think that The Weeknd is ''trying to surpass Michael'', while he is clearly showing his apprecation towards Mike.

I love The Weeknd and the King both dearly. I'm a huge fan of both. You can't compare Michael to ANYONE. Michael is on level 100, while other artists are maybe on level 70 or so. So stop comparing Michael to The Weeknd and vice versa, because he is not comparing himself with him. He admits it himself that Michael influenced him in so many ways.

I just want new music. Please.
😇
INTAFbR.png

MJs legacy is far from tarnished

No one would argue it took a big hit in 2019 but we’re in 2021/2022 now and MJs back up in the charts and breaking records again. Radio is all over him and he’s adding back to channels that dropped him.

It was a small blip that faded. MJ is bigger than some shitty HBO joke of a program.
Tarnished and finished are two different things, while Michael will always survive the bulls*it allegations it does give the media free reign to call him heinous names as fact whenever they want

I just heard the new Weeknd album, bit underwhelmed if I'm honest but I don't have much expectations for him because his voice isn't as powerful as Michael's and his lyrics aren't resonant or memorable. Michael's lyrics were honest and sincere, the Weeknd always comes off as he's trying to hard to be cool

Anyway, the album is called Dawn FM and there's a radio jingle that plays throughout it (103.5 Dawn FM) and that reminded me of the unreleased cue from Captain EO (starlight sun)

I remember late last year The Weeknd shared a poster of Captain EO as he was working at Westlake Studios and with Quincy (he narrates on the album) and we fans thought an unreleased collaboration was coming. I wonder if the short film and title Captain EO inspired him?
Eos in Greek mythology was the Goddess of dawn, that's where the name Captain Eo came from. That's what he was hinting at.

Couldn't disagree more. MJ was only recently re-added to radio in Poland was it? The tide is turning.

Dangerous charted at its highest position since 1993 and Thriller was number ONE on Apple Music this year, giving it its highest chart position since 1984. MJ also now has the longest charting solo album in the history of England with Number Ones too. This all happened this year.

MJ One is sold out every day and 'MJ' is opening in New York to rave reviews and sell outs.

It's easy to be negative. Many people still whine about LN and it had an impact. But we are nearly 3 years on. Thriller is one of the biggest selling albums of the year. MJ is far from cancelled.
ABSOLUTELY. Beyond that, LN actually WAS debunked on social media and some media, so that narrative is spreading every day, I see it myself. There’s a lot of younger generation becoming fans and dismissing LN, which is amazing to watch. And, God, do I hope there’s a LN2 featuring fucking Gavin Arvizo. That case was so weak and absurd that Reed would 100% be overextending himself further than he already has. To take a case where Jackson was ACQUITTED and to try to relitigate it will NOT go over well, even in the US and UK, which is the prime tabloid markets. We are also years removed from the peak of MeToo, which is what allowed LN to have its initial run unchecked in the first place. Running garbage focused on the Arvizo family will be more likely to undermine his efforts on the first than win over anyone new. I mean at some point it just becomes obvious, even to people unwilling to research.

We are also years removed from the peak of MeToo

Depends where you live, a HUGE scandal broke out in Holland featuring the biggest popstar the Dutch have ever had.

Anyway you guys can be positive as much as you like, I personally can’t be positive as long as his name isn’t cleared. For all the positives you can find negatives as well. How often do you still hear people in the media or around you talking positively about MJ? How often do his songs get covered on talent shows? How often do you hear his music being used for ads? How often is he name checked positively on tv or films? To me it feels like he is slowly being erased from conscience despite exposure on radio. Remember 2009 when everybody and their dog were so positive and empathic, that is all gone. The spectre of pedophilia always looms no matter how often his songs get played on the radio and that happens because his name isn’t cleared and probably never will, that is the damage that has been done to Michael and his family and friends.

Last edited:
Depends where you live, a HUGE scandal broke out in Holland featuring the biggest popstar the Dutch have ever had.

Anyway you guys can be positive as much as you like, I personally can’t be positive as long as his name isn’t cleared. For all the positives you can find negatives as well. How often do you still hear people in the media or around you talking positively about MJ? How often do his songs get covered on talent shows? How often do you hear his music being used for ads? How often is he name checked positively on tv or films? To me it feels like he is slowly being erased from conscience despite exposure on radio. Remember 2009 when everybody and their dog were so positive and empathic, that is all gone. The spectre of pedophilia always looms no matter how often his songs get played on the radio and that happens because his name isn’t cleared and probably never will, that is the damage that has been done to Michael and his family and friends.
Why would the news mention Michael Jackson? He’s been dead for over 12 years…

You gotta accept he will slowly fade over time because that’s what happens. It ain’t the 80s anymore. Still, it’s 12 years after his death, and he is STILL number 1 on YouGov’s fame scale for musicians and top 10 in popularity, and that’s in the US, which has always, along with UK, been harshest on him. That’s unprecedented.

He has TikTok videos with over 10, 25, 50, 100 million views. He’s been dead for over 12 years. That is AMAZING. Far more people will see him on these platforms than NCIS or whatever. He’s doing just fine. Honestly, I gotta wonder if there’s some subtle trolling going on here, there’s a constant theme.

Honestly, I gotta wonder if there’s some subtle trolling going on here, there’s a constant theme.
No need to bring this up, I didn’t sign up to an MJ forum to seek confrontations.
I have my opinion , you have yours, we both shared and lets leave it at that.

I also wonder why a fan would think that Michael is supposed to be as popular as he was in the 80s. It’s unrealistic and it’s insulting. Michael is STILL more popular than ANY of his PEERS-dead or alive. I wonder if some of you are living in a cave and don’t realize what you are saying. Even with all the manipulated bull@#$ from the media, Michael still outsells every single one of his peers. He is streamed more than every single one of his peers. He has more You Tube subscribers than every one of his peers and even more than some of the newer stars. He is discussed with reverence in most circles and on social media. My question is where do YOU live? I hear Michael at least two or three times a day, EVERY day on the radio where I live. Since his death, he has gained MILLIONS and MILLIONS of NEW fans. His albums are STILL outselling EVERY ONE of his peers. The media TRIED to cancel Michael, they have failed. Some in the industry have TRIED to diminish his legacy, they have failed. It seems as if SOME of you WANT Michael to be cancelled. However, that has NOT happened. Seriously, some of you need to think twice about being a fan because your constant negativity is downright sickening and depressing. Btw, if what I am saying makes a person uncomfortable then so be it. It is what it is and I am fed up with it.

Why would the news mention Michael Jackson? He’s been dead for over 12 years…

You gotta accept he will slowly fade over time because that’s what happens. It ain’t the 80s anymore. Still, it’s 12 years after his death, and he is STILL number 1 on YouGov’s fame scale for musicians and top 10 in popularity, and that’s in the US, which has always, along with UK, been harshest on him. That’s unprecedented.

He has TikTok videos with over 10, 25, 50, 100 million views. He’s been dead for over 12 years. That is AMAZING. Far more people will see him on these platforms than NCIS or whatever. He’s doing just fine. Honestly, I gotta wonder if there’s some subtle trolling going on here, there’s a constant theme.

👏👏👏👏👏100% AGREE!!

I just heard the new Weeknd album, bit underwhelmed if I'm honest but I don't have much expectations for him because his voice isn't as powerful as Michael's and his lyrics aren't resonant or memorable. Michael's lyrics were honest and sincere, the Weeknd always comes off as he's trying to hard to be cool

Anyway, the album is called Dawn FM and there's a radio jingle that plays throughout it (103.5 Dawn FM) and that reminded me of the unreleased cue from Captain EO (starlight sun)

I remember late last year The Weeknd shared a poster of Captain EO as he was working at Westlake Studios and with Quincy (he narrates on the album) and we fans thought an unreleased collaboration was coming. I wonder if the short film and title Captain EO inspired him?
Eos in Greek mythology was the Goddess of dawn, that's where the name Captain Eo came from. That's what he was hinting at.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed either. Take My Breath seems to be the only one I like from that album. It's gonna be one of those albums I'm going to need to listen to several times to see if I really like it or not. The concept of it being a radio station is interesting....and I love that Jim Carey is featured on it.

Compared to his other big hits, especially his last handful of hits the last 2 or 3 years (Blinding Lights, Heartless, Save Your Tears), it's definitely underwhelming.

GIVE US A SIGN! It’s been too long.. unless there’s nothing in the works? Who knows! Maybe they’re planning a release to coincide with the movie.

GIVE US A SIGN! It’s been too long.. unless there’s nothing in the works? Who knows! Maybe they’re planning a release to coincide with the movie.

In that case we’ll most likely be waiting a couple of years.

Back