New MJ content (Possibility)

The remix is apparently a gem, if the Estate gets around to releasing the song I hope they release the Xscape remix as it sounds really promising.

The remix is apparently a gem, if the Estate gets around to releasing the song I hope they release the Xscape remix as it sounds really promising.
They said they wanted to focus on releasing songs, as opposed to full fledged albums anyway, they should just put it out with no strings attached.

I don't understand, what do they want to do, albums, singles, or more guest collabs for hit singles. Probably the latter.

They said they wanted to focus on releasing songs, as opposed to full fledged albums anyway, they should just put it out with no strings attached.

I don't understand, what do they want to do, albums, singles, or more guest collabs for hit singles. Probably the latter.
Don't think they're bothered about releasing music honestly. They make enough money.

Did we ever get clarity on how much MJ sings of it? At first it was one verse and then someone said he sang most of it.
I originally was under the impression that he sings only the chorus, but apparently he’s the overwhelming majority of the song. He’s the verses, Mary J. is the female pre-chorus, and D’Angelo does backgrounds on the chorus, if I’m not mistaken.

A succesful biopic has MJ's brand set for at least a decade. Ticket sales, then streaming income, DVD sales and TV broadcasting income and no doubt a boost in sales and streams for years to come. It is worth the heavy investment.

I personally think the risk is low, if you can hold back the expenses then it should easily make 250 million worldwide (Elvis and Rocketman did the same or even less and they're considered successes).
Personally though I'm eying or rather hoping it will become a cultural behemoth like Bohemian Rhapsody. That would be out of this world and with a name like MJ it is not impossible. He is still clearly the biggest legacy solo act (there is no competition really) and a household name.

Last edited:
I originally was under the impression that he sings only the chorus, but apparently he’s the overwhelming majority of the song. He’s the verses, Mary J. is the female pre-chorus, and D’Angelo does backgrounds on the chorus, if I’m not mistaken.

Hoping that's true, seems there's been conflicting info on it.

Out of all incomplete songs in the vault; there are at least dozens of them, I wonder what made the Estate look at an unfinished cover of a song from the 70's and go "Yep, this is a hit. Remix it and release it". Surely there are more other songs out there with more potential than an unfinished cover lmao.

Last edited:
Out of all incomplete songs in the vault; there are at least dozens of them, I wonder what made the Estate look at an unfinished cover of a song from the 70's and go "Yep, this is a hit. Remix it and release it". Surely there are more other songs out there with more potential than an unfinished cover lmao.
You mean an all-time classic from one of the great groups of all time?

And they didn't release it, you're acting like it was the lead single.

You mean an all-time classic from one of the great groups of all time?
...Except that it has only one verse and a chorus and isn't exactly an original song since it's the exact same as the original version, but unfinished. Certainly there's something else in the vault that has more potential.
And they didn't release it, you're acting like it was the lead single.
It almost was released though.

...Except that it has only one verse and a chorus and isn't exactly an original song since it's the exact same as the original version, but unfinished. Certainly there's something else in the vault that has more potential.

It almost was released though.
The song is unfinished because it's by design, a group song. It kinda has to have other people to sing it. If MJ even sang about 60% percent, that's objectively enough.

Almost doesn't cut it. Breaking News was released, that's worth complaining about more. There's plenty of outtakes that were worked on for this and every project beforehand.

Almost doesn't cut it.
But they picked the song with the intention of releasing it, otherwise they wouldn't have finalized the remix. This wasn't the point I was trying to make so I don't know why you're nitpicking it.
Breaking News was released, that's worth complaining about more. There's plenty of outtakes that were worked on for this and every project beforehand.
True, can't argue with that lmao. At least they didn't pick another Cascio track.

But they picked the song with the intention of releasing it, otherwise they wouldn't have finalized the remix. This wasn't the point I was trying to make so I don't know why you're nitpicking it.

True, can't argue with that lmao. At least they didn't pick another Cascio track.
Fact of the matter is there isn't nearly as many finished song takes as we think. Maybe they decided to leave it behind for the potential Duets album.

While there isn't as many songs as we'd like there to be, there's enough songs to last us for the next 25 years, with leaks and such. We aren't full to the brim with outtakes like with prince, but we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel like the beatles are.
I have no idea how much Beatles material is left. I love Free as a Bird and Real Love though.

Last edited:
I have no idea how much Beatles material is left. I love Free as a Bird and Real Love though.
There is like 2 songs left to be released, an instrumental song made for a fair of some kind I believe, and a song called "now and then", it's vocally complete by John back in the late 70s, and had a bass track completed by george that he worked on it in the 90s with real love and free as a bird.paul and Ringo have shown interest in completing the song in the past, hopefully it gets finished.

There is like 2 songs left to be released, an instrumental song made for a fair of some kind I believe, and a song called "now and then", it's vocally complete by John back in the late 70s, and had a bass track completed by george that he worked on it in the 90s with real love and free as a bird.paul and Ringo have shown interest in completing the song in the past, hopefully it gets finished.
Sorry now that I think of it, it's like 60% complete vocally.

Back