Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

?t's still early, don't take it for granted.. it's up for grabs till officially announced..

What WE SHOULD ALL DO is email Sony our complains about the insufficient promotion..And make sure they get the point that with just a little bit more and better-organized effort on their behalf, the difference sought in sales could be possible!!

so it just leaked that mj is number three..taylor and susan outsold him!!

That is pretty good isn't it? Look at all the new cds out...RKelly, Jamie Fox, Diddy. It has only been 6 days. Oh gosh I need to start drinking!

I am sure Susan Boyle is wonderful but I am not getting the attraction for her music. What am I missing?

Does anyone know about Canada and what it will debut in? If it does end up being #3 in the US that's okay. After all the drama and everything leading up to the release it could be worse. Word of mouth too and if they release another single that can help too with sales. But I agree that Sony didn't promote as well as I thought it would.

With Susan it's a Christmas album and it's the holiday season. I don't get Taylor Swift though. Not bashing her but not really a fan but people like her.

YOU Guys It's Only 22.24% The Sales Aren't final............. Sidenote how the Hell does taylor swift have 2 albums selling exactly the same thing Somethngs Not right i smell a mistake

YOU Guys It's Only 22.24% The Sales Aren't final............. Sidenote how the Hell does taylor swift have 2 albums selling exactly the same thing Somethngs Not right i smell a mistake

Its a mistake i think

:timer: My fingers are crossed!!! No matter what I am so very proud of our Michael.:wub::wub::wub::wub:

even if the hitsdaily prediction is final, the sales counted are NOT final, so we still got time, and as many fans as possible should go and BUY the album once again(in case, that is, they bought it already)..
C'me on, think of how few fans are needed to do this for this 30k gap to be covered..

I'm not mad lol, With little to no promotion, Holiday season, no support from radio...224 is cool with me...

It's a disappointment, no matter how you look at it. Sony was expecting much more. And this is a lot less than what they got for the This is it Greatest Hits package.

The fact that An Album was released without michael's final touches to it, no promotion and very little knew about it im happy with it

If Michael was here the album would have been #1. If Sony and the estate are not happy then they should have had more promotion. I have seen how many ads and things for Taylor and Susan. But they also should look at world wide sales too. That might be better overall.

It's a disappointment, no matter how you look at it. Sony was expecting much more.

It can't be a disappointment and you can't expect "much more" if you don't give your all. But I hope it will be promoted still more because there are so many good songs on it.

Susan and Taylor have had lots of promotion and Michael barely had any and was this close beating them. That says a lot right there.

Okay... To those saying that it was because of "lack of promotion".. Why didn't MJ hit #1 on iTunes? It had terrific promotion there yet it still fell a bit short.

I really don't understand this.

I live in Chicago and I have not once seen an advertisement for Michael. What happened to that ad where the picture on the album came alive? I think it shows how beloved michael still is because with little or no promotion he still did this well.

Let's hope Sony surprises us. *sigh*

Thanks to all for staying so positive. You have made this a fun thread to be in.

It is sad,now i am not even sure that Michael will be number 1 for the sales Worldwide.

kreen;3147881 said:
It's a disappointment, no matter how you look at it. Sony was expecting much more. And this is a lot less than what they got for the This is it Greatest Hits package.
^ Actually it’s not a disappointment; at least not to me (a couple of days off this forum will do wonders in terms of changing your perspective). I don't know why in the hell Sony predicted what they did (400k) but oh well. MJ is GONE, the album had pretty much no promotion (I don't care who you are, if you don’t have promo in this day and age, you can forget about it), and it’s been shrouded in controversy. It managed a top 5 debut (of course # 1 is a hell of a lot better but people didn't turn out like some thought they would…oh well) despite all that. And This Is It sold what it did precisely because it was a "greatest hits" package...(we keep looking at it wrongly, people will of course shelve out money for material they absolutely know is GOOD). Like I said, I'm not mad...this is as good as "new MJ" is going to get. It could be a LOT worse... (It all depends on how you choose to look at it). We put way to much weight on "opening" numbers when they are just that OPENING... I just hope the sells stay steady...If 'MICHAEL' ends up selling between 1-2 mill in the US I'll be a VERY happy camper.

Back