Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

The media is really enjoying that MJ didnt debut on top in US,They are using the poor performance to revisit the molestation charges and say he never recovered from his tarnished image in america.In short they are re writing his posthumous legacy.

The media is really enjoying that MJ didnt debut on top in US,They are using the poor performance to revisit the molestation charges and say he never recovered from his tarnished image in america.In short they are re writing his posthumous legacy.

Well of course they are wrong again.

Michael is the #1 catalogue albums artist of the year in America, for the third year in a row!

I bet they are still claiming that Elvis is the bigger icon of all times.

Here in Italy Elvis is nothing, same goes in many european countries and in the latin american countries.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Jackson's first posthumous studio album was the top seller around the world during its first week of release, his label said on Wednesday, but was held to a modest No. 3 debut in the United States.

(So what is wrong with #3 in the US - when it is #3 and #4 in other countries? - other than the Fans like myself wanting it to be Number #1)

The collection of unfinished recordings, simply titled "Michael," took the No. 1 slot in Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden, said Sony Corp-owned Epic Records.

It was also a top-five starter in Belgium (No. 2), Canada (No. 2), Japan (No. 3 ), Britain (No. 4), France (No. 4) and Denmark (No. 4).

In Germany, "Michael" was the biggest debut of the year, selling 85,000 copies, Epic said. Its British start of 113,000 copies was the best for Jackson since 1991's "Dangerous."

In the United States, the world's largest music market, "Michael" sold about 228,000 copies during the week ended December 19. Music trade publication Billboard reported last month that Epic was projecting first-week sales of about 400,000 copies.

"Michael" was bested by Taylor Swift's "Speak," which returned to No. 1 for a third, nonconsecutive week with 259,000 copies, and former chart-topper Susan Boyle's "The Gift" with 254,000 copies.

Jackson's previous release, the "This Is It" compilation soundtrack, debuted at No. 1 in the United States a year ago with 373,000 units. Jackson was the biggest selling artist in the United States last year, selling 8.3 million albums mostly in the wake of his death in June at the age of 50.

"Michael" marks the first of what is expected to be many forays into Jackson's trove of unreleased recordings by the executors of his estate. Big-name producers were hired to finish the tracks, and in some cases had to use digital technology to recreate Jackson's voice.

Clocking in at an economical 42 minutes, the 10-track album had critics wondering if Jackson, a notorious perfectionist, would have approved of it.

The New York Times described it as "a rush job," while Rolling Stone said it was "a grab bag of outtakes and outlines." Entertainment Weekly said it was a "solid" improvement on his last studio release, "Invincible." That 2001 album debuted at No. 1 in the United States with 366,000 copies...

Well If not how so? It's all numbers adding up to the Gold & Platinum status.

The King of Pop lived up to his name this week when his posthumous album 'Michael' became the No.1 album globally. In the U.S. the album sold 228,000 albums - and it takes 500,000 sales to be gold. This is about sales.

Why are you Ashamed of Canada & The US.. :( That was a bit uncalled for. :no:
Also this is not about who's better who isn't It is about Michael Jackson & his Legacy..His Fans The Music...

Anyways...
Congrads to The album everywhere. :punk:

Look I am a bit confused too..I think we all are..

Jackson album is top global seller
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...al-seller.html

Michael Jackson's posthumous album has been named the top selling global album of 2010.

The LP, called Michael, debuted at number one on the global chart after three million units were shipped to 31 territories.

The CD, which topped the charts in four countries on the week of its release, has been certified Platinum in 14 countries, including the US, UK, Germany, France and Italy for shipments of over 300,000 copies.

The album opened in the UK at number four with sales of 113,000 - Jackson's biggest opening sales week since the release of Dangerous nearly 20 years ago.

Jackson's Thriller album remains the best selling album of all time, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide.

no it hasn't sold 3 mil...3 MIL CDs were shipped to stores worldwide.

We won't know worldwide sale until Friday.

Well of course they are wrong again.

Michael is the #1 catalogue albums artist of the year in America, for the third year in a row!

I bet they are still claiming that Elvis is the bigger icon of all times.

Here in Italy Elvis is nothing, same goes in many european countries and in the latin american countries.

Actually Elvis sales has dropped.

And yes..Michael Jackson is in demand in The States and everywhere around the world.

The positive side to this for me is that "Michael" even though with the certain people & media negativity around the world - Is a top seller & in the Top 5 around the world.
:wub:

Michael Jackson's first posthumous studio album was the top seller around the world during its first week of release, his label said on Wednesday, but was held to a modest No. 3 debut in the United States.

The collection of unfinished recordings, simply titled "Michael," took the No. 1 slot in Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden, said Sony Corp-owned Epic Records.

It was also a top-five starter in Belgium (No. 2), Canada (No. 2), Japan (No. 3 ), Britain (No. 4), France (No. 4) and Denmark (No. 4).

Please stick to the topic of the thread.

Peace I'm out...With L.O.V.E

Last edited:
I'm so glad Michael debuted at #1 in Russia AND globally! I had a really shitty day today, and this news just fixed it all. The best holiday present I could dream of.

The "Michael" album will have a very long shelf-life of sales.
"Word of Mouth" will take "Michael" into the homes and hearts of
millions of people all over the world;
because there is simply no better music out there. :punk:

Last edited:
souldreamer7;3151051 said:
Where did you get this information from? I've not heard the media say anything fusing those together about The album "Michael"

Michael Jackson Album Fails to Top Pop Chart

His fortunes had long been on the wane in the United States, where his career was overshadowed by his bizarre behavior and allegations of inappropriate contact with young boys. Foreign fans were more forgiving, and Jackson was planning a series of comeback concerts in London until he succumbed to an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=12459634

Don't Believe The Hype: Dead Michael Not Really No. 1—Find Out Who Beat Him

If you thought Michael Jackson was invincible, think again.

Despite the spin from Jackson's camp that Michael, the first posthumous collection of all new M.J. material, is the "No. 1 global album," there's something his reps aren't saying.

Like he wasn't even the chart-topper in the United States. Guess who beat him?

That would be Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle, who continued their 1-2 reign on the Billboard charts.

And that's not the only disappointment.

Team Jackson trumpeted in today's press release that Sony Music/Epic Records shipped more than 3 million units of Michael worldwide in its first week, making it one of the biggest releases of 2010. And yes, the Moonwalker shipped platinum in 14 different territories, among them Italy (3 million), France (2 million), and the U.K., Germany, Russia and the U.S. (1 million each). However that last stat means copies shipped, not sold.

In actuality, Michael entered the charts Stateside at No. 3, selling 228,000 copies.

Sure, he might not be the King of Pop any more, and we all know Will.i.am doesn't approve, but it turns out M.J. is still pretty popular.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b217638_dont_believe_hype_dead_michael_not.html#ixzz18sPTAHXd

Well, one thing is sure and we have to learn that already.
Michael will never be a "media darling".
Never ever ever, especially in US.

Despite the spin from Jackson's camp that Michael, the first posthumous collection of all new M.J. material, is the "No. 1 global album," there's something his reps aren't saying.

Like he wasn't even the chart-topper in the United States. Guess who beat him?

That would be Taylor Swift and Susan Boyle, who continued their 1-2 reign on the Billboard charts.

Team Jackson trumpeted in today's press release that Sony Music/Epic Records shipped more than 3 million units of Michael worldwide in its first week, making it one of the biggest releases of 2010. And yes, the Moonwalker shipped platinum in 14 different territories, among them Italy (3 million), France (2 million), and the U.K., Germany, Russia and the U.S. (1 million each). However that last stat means copies shipped, not sold.

In actuality, Michael entered the charts Stateside at No. 3, selling 228,000 copies.

Sure, he might not be the King of Pop any more, and we all know Will.i.am doesn't approve, but it turns out M.J. is still pretty popular.

First off..I seen that.. and it's rubbish,but Why focus on The Negative?
Like this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/colu...ew-long-live-the-king-of-pop-115875-22773678/
I could pull up this type of thing from any media outlet from around the whole world...
But I choose to see the good and focus on that instead of splatter the page with crap.

The fact is "Michael" is In the Top 5 around the world!
F the Press! The Press stinks Everywhere and you know this ,man!

Well, one thing is sure and we have to learn that already.
Michael will never be a "media darling".
Never ever ever, especially in US.

It is Sad that Michael Isn't a 'media darling" in alot of places around the world.

But that is their lose.

Congrads To Michael Jackson being in the top 5 World Wide :punk:

Last edited:
Team Jackson trumpeted in today's press release that Sony Music/Epic Records shipped more than 3 million units of Michael worldwide in its first week, making it one of the biggest releases of 2010. And yes, the Moonwalker shipped platinum in 14 different territories, among them Italy (3 million), France (2 million), /b217638_dont_believe_hype_dead_michael_not.html#ixzz18sPTAHXd

3 millions in Italy, 2 mill. in France ??

No way LOLLL

This say all, this article is pure crap :ph34r:

That article is wrong and they need to get the facts straight on something. Michael didn't die on an accidental overdose of prescription medication. His death was ruled a homicide and it had to do with propofol.

The fact that he was not #1 in the US just gives the press something to bash Michael with. That's all the do and ignore the rest.

i read some of that in some in some news reports

I could pull up this type of thing from any media outlet from around the whole world.

You asked for the source and I provided it,does that mean am focusing on the negative
every fan knew IF MJ didnt debut on top the press was going to have a field day but I never expected them to revisit the allegations

Sony didnt handle the release and promotion of this album the rightway and I wish the press would blame them/estate instead of MJ who had little to do with the release.

I could pull up this type of thing from any media outlet from around the whole world.

You asked for the source and I provided it,does that mean am focusing on the negative
every fan knew IF MJ didnt debut on top the press was going to have a field day but I never expected them to revisit the allegations
Sony didnt handle the release and promotion of this album the rightway and I wish the press would blame them/estate instead of MJ who had little to do with the release.

I did expect that The media would do that. I've been a admirer of Michael Jackson for over 25 years. But I also choose to pay attention to the Good.
the positive light which out shadows the press.

Peace & Goodwill

Last edited:
I truly don't understand people who take the time to come to this forum to be negative.
All I can figure is they must be being paid to do it. :scratch:

They truly are enjoying this (the media), but you know what **** THEM, like someone else has said, MJ was never ever the media's "favorite star", its crazy how blantanly obvious the hate is for him here in the US. So just because he didn't debut at number one he's not the KOP anymore? wtf??? lol did these people forget about how many albums he sold last year? How well both the Vision's DVD and the MJ Game is doing? they act like he was blown away by Subo and TS in terms of (last weeks) sales lol its crazy.

Oh and that eonline headline is soooooo fucking disrespectful its not even funny...

Eonline headline is so hatefull and spitefull if i get that writers name on twitter !!!

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b217638_dont_believe_hype_dead_michael_not.html#ixzz18sPTAHXd

How stupid can one be???

Unbelievable!!!

The video game is doing really well,It's sold a million copies in just 4 weeks,That is amazing for a 3rd party personality driven game,It took the beatles almost one year to sell a million copies of the Beatles rockband Wii and other personality driven games like aerosmith,van halen,metallica,green day games have yet too sell a million despite some of them being released up to 2 years ago.Ubisoft must be very happy.

I hope UBISOFT will release a press statement before the year runs out to celebrate the success of MJ experience.At least that would be a proof of MJ's posthumous success and would counter the naysayers.

Back