Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

am happy mj is selling well despite what the nayy sayers are saying or have said

OFFICIAL UK ALBUMS TOP 5 - 25th December 2010

#1. PROGRESS
TAKE THAT

#2. LOUD
RIHANNA

#3. CRAZY LOVE
MICHAEL BUBLE

#4. MICHAEL
MICHAEL JACKSON

#5. OLLY MURS
OLLY MURS

---------------
#6. THE GIFT
SUSAN BOYLE
(SYCO MUSIC)

I wonder if "Michael" will move up after Christmas across the Globe... It's great seeing his name in the top across the map now.

:wub:

OFFICIAL UK ALBUMS TOP 5 - 25th December 2010

#1. PROGRESS
TAKE THAT

#2. LOUD
RIHANNA

#3. CRAZY LOVE
MICHAEL BUBLE

#4. MICHAEL
MICHAEL JACKSON

#5. OLLY MURS
OLLY MURS

---------------
#6. THE GIFT
SUSAN BOYLE
(SYCO MUSIC)

I wonder if "Michael" will move up after Christmas across the Globe... It's great seeing his name in the top across the map now.

:wub:

wow he was #6 on the last update, so he moved up ?

Hold My Hand peaked #39 this week on Billboard Hot 100.. another top 40 hit for MJ!
Also new peak in Canada #16... another top 20 hit!

MICHAEL'
Update

9 n°1 !!!

Russie : # 1
Sweden: #1
Italy: #1
Netherlands: #1
Germany: #1
Austria: #1
Flandern: #1
Taiwan: n°1
USA Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart : no.1
Neverland : n°1
Chine : ?

Switzerland: #2
Canada: #2 (à seulement 400 copies de suzan Boyle :ph34r:)
Croatia: #2
Spain: #2
Japan: #3 (seulement 4 jours de comptabilisés)
Wallony: #3
United Kingdom: #4
Denmark: #4
France: #4
Norway: #7
Greece: #8
Finland: #9
Australia: #10
Newzealand: #10
Ireland: #18

Lacan;3152289 said:
HMD didn't get #1 in any singles charts?

HMH

Chart (2010)↓ Peak position↑

Denmark (Tracklisten)[31] 3
UK R&B (The Official Charts Company)[46] 3
German Downloads Chart[36] 5
Italy (FIMI)[39] 6
New Zealand (RIANZ)[33] 7
German Singles Chart[37] 7
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 75)[27] 9
Switzerland (Media Control AG)[45] 9
Hungary (Single Top 10)[38] 10
UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)[47] 10
Belgium (Ultratop Wallonia)[29] 11
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[44] 12
Belgium (Ultratop Flanders)[28] 13
Japan Hot 100[41] 13
Finland (IFPI)[34] 16
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[43] 16
Scotland (The Official Charts Company)[42] 17
Canadian Hot 100[21] 21
Czech Radio Singles Chart (IFPICR)[30] 26
Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100)[32] 27
France (SNEP)[35] 27
Ireland (IRMA)[40] 31
US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs[25] 33
Australia (ARIA)[26] 37
US Billboard Hot 100[25] 39

OFF

Oricon Year-End DVD charts 2010

1. “Michael Jackson THIS IS IT Deluxe • Collector’s • Edition” – Michael Jackson : (802,656)
4. “Michael Jackson THIS IS IT Collector’s • Edition” – Michael Jackson : (322,373)
31. “Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest” – Michael Jackson : (101,713)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/12/oricon-yearly-dvd-ranking-for-2010/

Week Ending Dec. 19, 2010: Michael Wouldn't Have Liked This
Posted Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:16am PST by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Michael Jackson's MICHAEL enters The Billboard 200 at #3 behind Taylor Swift's Speak Now, which returns to #1 for a third week, and Susan Boyle's The Gift, which dips to #2 after four weeks on top. This is the first time that an album of new Jackson material hasn't debuted at #1 since Thriller opened at #11 in December 1982. More than just about any other artist, Jackson loved being #1. I think he'd be awfully disappointed to debut at #3.

Jackson debuted at #1 with his last four albums of new material: Bad, Dangerous, HIStory: Past Present And Future-Book I (which was half new, half old) and Invincible. Unless MICHAEL moves up to #1 in a subsequent week, this will be Jackson's first collection of new material to fall short of #1 since his 1979 smash Off The Wall, which peaked at #3.

MICHAEL sold 228,000 copies in its first week. Early reports called for the album to sell in the range of 400K in its first week, but those projections were revised downwards last week. I'm surprised that the album didn't do better because it was released at the peak of the Christmas sales season. And the warm single, "Hold My Hand" (featuring Akon), hits the right notes for this time of year.

Of course, it's highly unlikely that MICHAEL would have been released at all if Jackson hadn't died 18 months ago. Some Jackson pals, including will.i.am, have gone on record saying that Jackson, a perfectionist, wouldn't have wanted an album of leftovers to be made public. Other Jackson associates, including his former manager Frank DiLeo, have countered that Jackson loved nothing more than sharing his music with people. Fans who want to take Jackson's feelings on this point into account have to decide for themselves.

Jackson's reaction to this week's chart number wouldn't have been anything personal against Swift. Jackson had a lot in common with the country/pop performer. Both artists achieved stardom at early ages. Swift released her debut album when she was 16. Jackson was 11 when the Jackson 5 exploded.

Swift's current album has sold 2,607,000 copies in eight weeks. The album is off to an even faster start than Swift's 2008 blockbuster Fearless, which sold 2,202,000 copies in its first eight weeks. Speak Now will probably stay on top next week. The album is #3 for the year to date. This will be the third year in a row that Swift has had an album in the year-end top three. That's something that no other artist has accomplished in Nielsen SoundScan history (which dates to 1991).

Incidentally, this is the second time that Akon has backed Jackson on a Hot 100 hit. Akon was featured on a remake of "Wanna Be Startin' Something" from Thriller 25. Paul McCartney is the only other artist who had billing on two charted collaborations with Jackson ("The Girl Is Mine" and "Say Say Say"). Diana Ross ("Ease On Down The Road"), Stevie Wonder ("Get It") and Janet Jackson ("Scream") each had billing on one charted collabo with Jackson.

MICHAEL is Jackson's 15th album to make the top 10. The total combines nine solo albums with six albums he recorded with his brothers in the Jackson 5 and later the Jacksons. The group first cracked the top 10 in February 1970 with Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5. This gives Jackson a nearly 41-year span of top 10 albums.

MICHAEL debuts at #4 in the U.K., behind Take That's Progress (which holds at #1 for the fifth week), Rihanna's Loud and Michael Buble's Crazy Love.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ch...-dec-19-2010-michael-wouldnt-have-liked-this/

I like Paul Grein..and his piece is fair.

^ If the estate released the album in January or February, it would have guaranteed a #1. They rushed things and are now feeling the backlash.

The following albums have reached #1 in the US:

-THRILLER (37 weeks)
-BAD (6 weeks)
-DANGEROUS (4 weeks)
-HISTORY (2 weeks)
-INVINCIBLE (1 week)
-NUMBER ONES (6 weeks)
-THIS IS IT (1 week)

loka;3152287 said:
MICHAEL'
Update

9 n°1 !!!

Russie : # 1
Sweden: #1
Italy: #1
Netherlands: #1
Germany: #1
Austria: #1
Flandern: #1
Taiwan: n°1
USA Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart : no.1
Neverland : n°1
Chine : ?

Switzerland: #2
Canada: #2 (à seulement 400 copies de suzan Boyle :ph34r:)
Croatia: #2
Spain: #2
Japan: #3 (seulement 4 jours de comptabilisés)
Wallony: #3
United Kingdom: #4
Denmark: #4
France: #4
Norway: #7
Greece: #8
Finland: #9
Australia: #10
Newzealand: #10
Ireland: #18

Great news for Norway & Finland! So it is Top 10 in every country except Ireland? Come on Ireland you can do it! Also Australia can do better this week, I hope..

^ If the estate released the album in January or February, it would have guaranteed a #1. They rushed things and are now feeling the backlash.

The following albums have reached #1 in the US:

-THRILLER (37 weeks)
-BAD (6 weeks)
-DANGEROUS (4 weeks)
-HISTORY (2 weeks)
-INVINCIBLE (1 week)
-NUMBER ONES (6 weeks)
-THIS IS IT (1 week)

too late for shoulda coulda woulda. Train left the station a while ago..

Did you tell your contact that 2 months ago....???

As far as I can tell, no one considered the possibility of MJ not being #1 until a few days ago.

So, I don't see what is the use of that statement...I thought Sony decided on the release date??

My suggestion: Try less chart watching and more listening to the best music out there right now:
"Michael" by Michael Jackson: ENJOY!!!!

"Word of Mouth" is the Best advertisement for "Michael". :cheeky:

Last edited:
Great news for Norway & Finland! So it is Top 10 in every country except Ireland? Come on Ireland you can do it! Also Australia can do better this week, I hope..

Sorry but nobody here even knows there is a new Michael album out, it has dropped on the irish itunes chart from 18 to 64. HMH didn't make the charts here as far as i know and i have never heard it on irish radio despite numerous requests.

Hold My Hand is officially a Top 40 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, jumping 26 places this week to #39 from #65 last week!

In Canada, the song was #30 last week with this weeks result coming out later today.

we can get this top 10 on the hot 100///..come on people gift more copies of the song on itunes

MICHAEL missed being #1 in the US by only 31,000 units. If the entire fan community got behind the project like they should have, MJ would be number one again, as he deserves to be. The press headlines would have been amazing to behold.

So sad...

Hold My Hand is Top 10 Hit in 9 countries.. (UK, Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, New Zeland, Denmark & Hungary).. Keep requesting the song on the radio! Maybe next week we'll have more top 10.. maybe even number one in some countries!

Hold My Hand peaked #39 this week on Billboard Hot 100.. another top 40 hit for MJ!
Also new peak in Canada #16... another top 20 hit!

That's good. I am still not happy that the album didn't go #1 in Canada and it was only by 400 copies that he was beaten by.:no:

Back