OMG ! Fabulous 3D CGI short animation film of MJ by a Chinese company

now I'd play this video game..... tat would be cool lol! xbox one please...

Maybe we should get together and ask them to make a This Is It concept concert! With all the outfits, the stage and the setlist! That would be amazing! :))

I get the Ghost skeleton reference but how the actual f*ck they made that animated Michael coming out to the stage like in the Dangerous tour and then, he removed his skin to reveal the skeleton!? :wtf: If the animation were more oriented to the Thriller and Ghosts shorts, it'd have been more fitting.

OMG!?????????The short animation film did a good job, thank the person making the short animation film?

as far as CGI I still want a short film/music video released using the unused motion detection from Ghosts.. It could come out even more realistic than the young Arnold on Terminator...

as far as CGI I still want a short film/music video released using the unused motion detection from Ghosts.. It could come out even more realistic than the young Arnold on Terminator...

I'd have to disagree with you there. The CGI Young Arnold in Terminator Genisys is incredibly state of the art and the detail on his model is absolutely ridiculous (see link below). They based Young Arnold's movement on an actual stand in actor, and any unnatural movements on top of that would look 'natural' since The Terminator is a cyborg/robot.

Motion capture definitely helps but the VFX in Terminator Genisys would be extremely expensive (taking into consideration that the music video will probably not make them as much money as a new Terminator film would). Even then, the CGI model still utilised the help of Schwarzenegger, I believe I watched somewhere that he allowed them to capture his face so they could get accurate mouth movements and the like.

That last part creates a huge problem for us as, obviously, Michael isn't here. Assuming they have that data backed up somewhere, they might be able to base it off the moves in Ghosts, but close ups of his character would be very difficult. In addition, motion capture has come a long way since 1996 so it wouldn't be as detailed as motion capture today. In saying all of this however, the CGI we see for 'digital doubles' is actually improving at a very rapid rate. Compare the digital Schwarzenegger in 2009's Terminator Salvation to the one in the new Terminator and you'll see how far we have come (other examples include Tron Legacy (2010), the first Captain America (2011), compare that to the new Terminator and... Ant-Man I think it was).

So while it might be possible in a few years, to expect anything near the level of young Arnold from the MJ Estate just wouldn't be realistic. What you saw at the Billboard Awards last year is pretty close to what you could expect (and even that was full on), but I'd be relatively happy with that given the circumstances... just improve it's dance moves :p

Rather technical, yet fascinatingly in-depth article on the new Terminator if you're interested: http://www.fxguide.com/featured/terminator-new-makes-new-models-new-vfx/ Same website has an article on the MJ 'hologram' too, just search his name on the site :)

just saw this - yeah, the skeleton bit is off-putting, but I'm interested to see what follows. Did not like the face at the end though.

What about the dior commercials with Marilyn Monroe? That was fairly good quality. ad yeah I get that was a short clip, but we have motion detection for Michael (which we don't necessarily need close up shots) and If so - you know the tricks they do .. dim lighting etc. Plus we have capture of Michaels face in virtually ever angle and gesture needed.. I may have over stated when I said Terminator.. But I don't see why we could not have a good quality Michael.

A little creativity goes a long way...

What about the dior commercials with Marilyn Monroe? That was fairly good quality. ad yeah I get that was a short clip, but we have motion detection for Michael (which we don't necessarily need close up shots) and If so - you know the tricks they do .. dim lighting etc. Plus we have capture of Michaels face in virtually ever angle and gesture needed.. I may have over stated when I said Terminator.. But I don't see why we could not have a good quality Michael.

I mean, it really depends on a lot of factors. Certainly the technology is there and improving with every year, so who knows. Honestly I would be surprised if we didn't see a commercial with a digital Michael at some point in the future.

I feel it's probably harder to get Michael's face right though, than it is to get Marilyn Monroe or Grace Kelly's face right. I mean it might just be me, but I feel that post-surgery he had an extremely distinctive face, more so than the average person and it's probably one that would be harder to replicate as well as they did for Monroe's. Might just be me though.

Also a lot of it comes down to budget and the like, I wouldn't be surprised if Dior spent more on those commercials than the MJ Estate could for that 'hologram' last year (What was probably a huge world world advertising campaign vs. a one-off performance) but who knows... I don't know either's finances :p Like I said, many factors but definitely not impossible.

Last edited:
...we have motion detection for Michael (which we don't necessarily need close up shots) and ...we have capture of Michaels face in virtually ever angle and gesture needed.. I may have over stated when I said Terminator.. But I don't see why we could not have a good quality Michael.

I'm going to try and find it, but there is actually a freakishly accurate 3D model of his head that he had done. It is just his face and skull, so no hair, it's quite odd to see. I'm going to try and find the information on it. I can't remember what or why he commissioned it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was for film projects or something. This came out like in 2009 or early 2010 sometime, so I will dig around and find it.

I'm going to try and find it, but there is actually a freakishly accurate 3D model of his head that he had done. It is just his face and skull, so no hair, it's quite odd to see. I'm going to try and find the information on it. I can't remember what or why he commissioned it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was for film projects or something. This came out like in 2009 or early 2010 sometime, so I will dig around and find it.

Wait, Michael had this commissioned? Regardless, that would be interesting!

Yeah, it's like crazy accurate motion detection he had done. It looks real. I'm doing a few things at the moment and I'm trying to find it.

I love the 'last' image. That is what got me :wild: if that was possible to see.

Anyway, you're right. I did read an article of Michael commissioning a 'robot' feature of him. Complete with pictures and models. No, not the 'robot' like in "Moonwalker' though more the 'humanoid' kind and that got me really excited :woohoo:.

The BIG question is WHERE did I read that? :scratch:

I have to agree that is look like a student work. Also michaels eyes: they do a better job at the animated slave to the rhythm Performance. I like the way but it isnt good enough now.

Back