ONE MORE CHANCE / Now streaming on michaeljackson.com

Was totally disappointed with the vid. Its like Rock my world all over again, no face shots.
Whats the point. Just annoying.

Was totally disappointed with the vid. Its like Rock my world all over again, no face shots.
Whats the point. Just annoying.
Just in case you didn't know: They began shooting this video in 2003, in Las Vegas, but it was never finished. They got to shoot for maybe a couple of days and then Neverland was raided and one of the worst periods of MJ's life started.

They would probably have done a lot more shots from different angles, close ups, etc. if the shoot wasn't interrupted by the developments in Santa Barbara County.

I wish he wasnt so insecure bout the way he looked- he was beautiful to me and im sure u all feel the same :)

when he runs up to them and runs along them all touching their hands, i well up everytime....[/QUOTE]

:cry:

i miss you Michael and need you more and more...

Michael, i love you more and most and unconditionally...

i wish we had "one more chance"

:cry: :cry: :cry:

^ :hug:

I miss him too. This has got be my favourite recent song besides HMH. Just beautiful.

The concept behind the video is that the roles have been reversed and the fans are on stage and Michael is performing from the ground.

I believe thats also why it is allways shot from behind, as we are looking from Michael's point of view at the stage.

...and somehow the new "Hold My Hand" video will attempt to take up the story where the "One More Chance" video leaves off.

I don't care about the circumstances it was shot. The decided to bring out this video. Then I will watch as any other video of MJ. I do not like it. The only good about it is that we can stil see he was a great dancer.

They shouldn't have released this one imo.

I have to say that the only thing that annoys me about this video is the woman who is clapping off beat right before MJ comes over to the crowd to touch their hands. I don't know why that bothers me evrytime I see this. But why can't they just edit it so everyone is on beat? It is 2 and 4 not 1 and 3. UUghhh!

But I really liked it otherwise. :)

The concept behind the video is that the roles have been reversed and the fans are on stage and Michael is performing from the ground.

I believe thats also why it is allways shot from behind, as we are looking from Michael's point of view at the stage.

That's an interesting perspective. I've always tried to imagine what it must have been like from MJ's point of view to look at a sea of people as he does what he did best. Just think of any tour and think about all of the eyes that were glued to him. That feeling couldn't have been like any other. I can envision it being amazing yet at the same time nerve racking.

I have to say that the only thing that annoys me about this video is the woman who is clapping off beat right before MJ comes over to the crowd to touch their hands. I don't know why that bothers me evrytime I see this. But why can't they just edit it so everyone is on beat? It is 2 and 4 not 1 and 3. UUghhh!

But I really liked it otherwise. :)

Haha, I noticed the audience being off as well and it kind of throws me off. Its as if they were listening to a different playback than what MJ was listening to...that or they were just completely off lol.

My favorite part is towards the end though when the crowd is really into it, as is Michael. I love it. It makes me wish he could have had the opportunity to perform it live.

Stupid move SONY. It was the only incentive to by VISION.

Michael Jackson equals Eloquence. :dance2:

Last edited:
Haha, I noticed the audience being off as well and it kind of throws me off. Its as if they were listening to a different playback than what MJ was listening to...that or they were just completely off lol.

I just had to watch this part 3 times, but yes, you are right, haha. Maybe they were just nervous.

I also like the "reversed roles" thing, as simple as the video might be, it makes you think. And there are several ways to interpret it, like some people have said in this thread. I'm not the biggest fan of music videos, but I like it if they are simple, but have many different layers.

Guido18;3090781 said:
I don't care about the circumstances it was shot. The decided to bring out this video. Then I will watch as any other video of MJ. I do not like it. The only good about it is that we can stil see he was a great dancer.

They shouldn't have released this one imo.
Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. It wasn't released as an official video i.e. as promotion for a song or album -- instead they included it on the bonus disc accompanying a collection of MJ's short films. As such, I see it as a gift to the fans. Archive footage, more than anything, really. There is no better way to release it that I can think of, and I'm very grateful they did.

Dangerous Incorporated;3091070 said:
I'm sorry you feel that way. For me, aside from the quality of the video in the box set being a lot higher than the one we can see on the site, the incentives are many...

- having the full versions of all of his short films in one place, in chronological order
- Another Part Of Me
- Speed Demon ¹
- Come Together ¹
- Leave Me Alone ¹
- Blame It On the Boogie
- Enjoy Yourself
- Can You Feel It
- Say Say Say
- They Don´t Care About Us - Prison version
- Why
- a great looking box and booklet with unreleased pictures ²

¹ all watchable without having to skip through Moonwalker
² yes, I'm a sucker for a good-looking MJ product

I personally think it's a great collection, and not just for the fans -- it's the obvious choice for anyone who's interested in owning a compilation of his music videos, and not expensive at that.

I think that video has some special moments...like a shot of mike smiling when he's touching everyone's hand. it was a beautiful symbol of his love for his fans. that was his pure joy and he was calling out just one more chance of love to his fans, not like he needed one more chance, fans would never leave him, but it seems like Mike was self conscious about losing his fans sometimes--so humble, but it did no good for his confidence. I'm not saying that's what this whole song is about...but components of the video shows his devotion to the fans and that's rare to find in a famous musician. just beautiful.

and who has to really complain about the shots of his back? you just got to see more of his behind and don't tell you me you guys weren't hypnotized to that butt. plus, when he was dancing on the railing...good ol' michael doing his crazy sexually charged dancing. so Michael. innocent and so seducing at the same time. OO plus the breaking of glass and dishes on the table. I bet he choreographed how he wanted to break them and everything.

so even if this video has little of what we would consider a complete Michael video/short film, it still has its special moments. it's a great archive he left us to enjoy.

I'm not going to complain about this video because for this WHOLE time, I would I stare at the pictures of the shoot and just wish I could see the footage. And to actually see him dancing and doing the movements I had envisioned him doing while looking at the pictures...it made me smile.

Imo, this video, although unfinished is still ten times better than most music videos, which are now on TV.

And Michael looks sooo beautiful here. I love it :wub:

one more chance video

What do you think of it? I don't think we saw enough of his face:swoon:

I tend to agree with ya. This is kind of pointless if you already own his previously released DVDs which included music videos. If you already own those then you are paying 40 or so dollars for 10 videos that you do not have...doesn't really seem worth it in my opinion. The only real, new treat that was being provided was "One More Chance" which you now have the ability to view online and I wasn't going to pay 40 bucks just for that either. That's another thing...all of this is on youtube.

I guess its nice if you've never collected this stuff before. I personally won't be getting it unless I receive it as a gift or if I get it at a much cheaper price.

Jesus Christ I can't believe some of you. We're given a gift here, and yet, here's some more b*tching and moaning.

Why do some fans have to complain about everything and ruin it for everyone else?

I have Vision........but I think its a good idea to make "One More Chance" free for everyone to see.............

1.) In monetary terms........Michael's name makes $$$$$$ regardless..........
2.) It looks good for Sony that they provide some new stuff as free content........their rep isn't too good when it comes to MJ (reasons are obvious).......
3.) Buying Vision is currently the only method of legally obtaining OMC to keep for yourself!!!!.......

And you gotta give a little to get a little (a lot for Sony/Estate).........

I haven't seen it yet. I am going to wait till I get the dvd hopefully tomorrow. From reading the comments it wasn't a finished video because of circumstances. But I am grateful that they include the footage they have. Just to see what Michael was working on.

Just watched it, I like it but it's not one of his best videos, not by a long shot. Just being honest. I actually found it a bit boring in places but it was a nice concept with him offstage and the audience on the stage watching him. Not enough of his face was shown and the video seemed too dark for the song, I was expecting it to be a bit brighter.

I have watched the MV many times; and still wonder why 'they' made such an MV for the beautiful song like OMC. Now I cant help associating the MV to the song whenever I listen to it; yet, it makes no sense whatsoever, esp scenes jumping/kicking....... :(

Jackson was scheduled to return the following day to film frontal shots and close-ups. "Our intention was to shoot from behind Michael towards the audience and then, to save money on all the audience members, the following day we would flip around and shoot Michael's close-ups,"

SMH.

Back