One thing I hate when talking about Mike to people

Well, I got the worst of it the other day...I had a Christmas get together with a bunch of friends, and we were all drinking and having a good time...Of course, most of my playlist for the party was Michael (hehe), so I said to my friends, "You guys seriously have to go see This Is It...It's amazing..." and most of them were like, ya, I heard it was good...And then one of them said, "I've never liked Michael Jackson" and I was like, "How come?" and she's like, "Oh he m*lests little kids" and I think I almost smacked her..I was ready to..Another girl was like, "NO HE DIDN'T" so I was happy that she defended him, but I really lost some respect for my other friend...I mean, the comment was SO judgemental and disrespectful...I was embarrassed to call her my friend...Not just because the comment was about Michael, but in general, I thought, how can you judge someone like that, and say something so incredibly ignorant. And, we're all almost thirty, it was incredibly childish. Everyone else flooded the conversation and defended him so I was able to let my frustrations out elsewhere...I went and blasted another Michael song...lol....But really, why do people have to say that? I mean, fine if you don't like his music, and I come across very few people who don't like him, but is that a valid reason for not liking his music?? I didn't think so....It took me a bit to calm down...Is it wrong that I lost respect for my friend??

THe whole situation really made me miss Michael all the more, simply because we lost such an incredible human being, and we're stuck here on earth with a bunch of shallow, judgmental idiots....But I was happy that most of the other girls defended him...I miss him so much...:(

Last edited:
Yeah this irritates the heck out of me too. He's so weird, had so many demons, had such a tragic life. Right. I will never realize why people chose/choose to concentrate on the negative when Michael concentrated on the positive.

Yeah i get this alot. It bugs the hell of out me to. So im the same i tend to avoice talking about Michael in conversations with people who arent fans really, cos i just cant be bothered. Even if i do try to defend him i get all worked up about it and there like "alright, calm down love, im only saying, its only Michael Jackson." and then i just fume inside.
People also tend to say, aww its such a shame the way he turned out and why he had to change himself so much. I just said he didnt really change himself that much. One of the people i spoke to didnt even know he had vitiligo, which is why he is white, so i put her straight about that. So at the end of the day, its just ignorance. They dont know so they just have their own judgements and opinions. But i think if you dont know then you shouldn't have an opinion, but obviously people ignore that.
I told my best friend more about him not long after he died. Cos she came round and as soon as i saw her i burst into tears and she gave me a hug. She then started asking questions, and alot of what i said she was like "Ohh i didnt know that!"
So i just wish people would take the time to see interviews etc, not just read tabloids, but i suppose people just think hes just another celebrity, why would i waste my time. Even though he ISNT just another celebrity- i dont see him like that at all, cos hes so special.

So, this is exactly why i love coming on here- cos i can have fabulous conversations with people who do love Michael and i wont get any childish digs and silly comments back! :)

Ohh i miss Michael... :( :heart:

Yeah i get this alot. It bugs the hell of out me to. So im the same i tend to avoice talking about Michael in conversations with people who arent fans really, cos i just cant be bothered. Even if i do try to defend him i get all worked up about it and there like "alright, calm down love, im only saying, its only Michael Jackson." and then i just fume inside.
People also tend to say, aww its such a shame the way he turned out and why he had to change himself so much. I just said he didnt really change himself that much. One of the people i spoke to didnt even know he had vitiligo, which is why he is white, so i put her straight about that. So at the end of the day, its just ignorance. They dont know so they just have their own judgements and opinions. But i think if you dont know then you shouldn't have an opinion, but obviously people ignore that.
I told my best friend more about him not long after he died. Cos she came round and as soon as i saw her i burst into tears and she gave me a hug. She then started asking questions, and alot of what i said she was like "Ohh i didnt know that!"
So i just wish people would take the time to see interviews etc, not just read tabloids, but i suppose people just think hes just another celebrity, why would i waste my time. Even though he ISNT just another celebrity- i dont see him like that at all, cos hes so special.

So, this is exactly why i love coming on here- cos i can have fabulous conversations with people who do love Michael and i wont get any childish digs and silly comments back! :)

Ohh i miss Michael... :( :heart:

I completely agree with everything you said...It's a waste of time to educate people about Michael, because, yes, they see him as just another celebrity, so why would they care? I mean, I don't pay attention to the details of another celebrity's life, but I don't judge them either, I just don't say anything...

It's true, I love coming on here; we can all relate!

Back