Opinions on "Someone Put Your Hand Out"?

BadAtGames42749

The one, and only, Le Sha'mone!
Country
United-States
I freakin' love the song. It's absolutely beautiful. MJ sounds great on the track and the background vocals are stunning. The instrumental track, the harmonies, everything. It's all amazing. I truly wish it was put on "Dangerous", or released as a single by itself. But, what about you?

It's interesting because it's most just another love song or a romantic song, or even heartbreak. It's like the most universal expression of wanting to be wanted.
This is an interesting observation. In my mind it isn’t a straight up romantic love song ( with capital L) It’s more about the universal expression of wanting to be wanted and/or accepted, as you put it. To me it’s not a triumphant love song but a heartbreaking one that transcend the notion of romantic love.

This is an interesting observation. In my mind it isn’t a straight up romantic love song ( with capital L) It’s more about the universal expression of wanting to be wanted and/or accepted, as you put it. To me it’s not a triumphant love song but a heartbreaking one that transcend the notion of romantic love.
Yeah, it reminds me of a blend of Push Me Away and That's What You Get (For Being Polite).

Love it! Especially that spoken intro and how deep his voice is... :love: I wish it got more love or even a live performance.

I love Someone Put Your Hand Out. I wouldn't put it on Dangerous, because I love that album as it is and wouldn't change it.

But I love SPYHO, it's got such a raw passion in it, the song is very honest and deeply personal, yet you can still relate to it completely. That's the talent Michael had as a songwriter.

It's wonderful showcase for Mike as a singer and a songwriter

It's a heartfelt one. I wish it had been on the album but it was a promo single as other's has stated. Good memories with it.

Simply exquisite. Gorgeous lyrics, vocals, production, and songwriting. I would argue that it is Teddy Riley’s finest hour.

That said, MJ absolutely made the right choice omitting it from the album. It’s too saccharine for an album as gritty as Dangerous, and the production is too authentic/true-to-life to go up alongside mostly programmed tracks. It would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb. It should’ve gotten a proper, all-out single release as a one-off.

I don't hate it but I do prefer the demo. (I know it's not a finished song, the demo we have, at least, but I just prefer the groove and I find the released one a bit too sappy).

I don't hate it but I do prefer the demo. (I know it's not a finished song, the demo we have, at least, but I just prefer the groove and I find the released one a bit too sappy).
I know what you mean about the demo mate, it's so different to the released one, the groove itself is so catchy. It feels like the best of both worlds.

So happy we have the demo, I doubt we'd have heard without the leak

Can you teach me how to tell the difference 😭
Sax and trumpet sound really different to me.

I found this article which I don't think is particularly helpful but maybe that just illustrates how difficult it is to explain the difference. There's a couple of videos in the piece. Not sure how helpful they are. 🤷‍♀️

"I actually tried to compare the difference in sound between a trumpet and a saxophone and it’s actually very difficult! It’s kind of like trying to describe the taste of salt.

But one thing that is different between the two is the sharpness of articulation. Trumpets and saxophones have legato staccato forms. (these are just fancy words for saying how short the note is played and how a note is approached. Is it played quick and sharply? Or smoothly, etc)

However, no matter what, the sound of the very beginning of a note sounds different comparing a saxophone and a trumpet. A trumpet’s attack can be sharper and more pronounced–kind of like the sound praow, while a saxophone sound more like hum."

Back