Our thread for Lisa -Marie Presley. - Our Condolences, Love & Prayers to all of her family.

iu

😞
It would be beautiful if the sunflowers were from an mj fan/ fans. I wonder if they were ?
I thought the same thing. It was interesting the way the camera zoomed in on them. Of course, it could just be bc they were so beautiful or the gorgeous colour really stood out. But, I wonder ... 🤔

You've confused me. The 'gay' thing cropped up all the time.
Really? Must have blocked this out. Was it like standard tabloid 1990’s formalia in order to provoke? It just seems so completely unsubstantiated!

Really? Must have blocked this out. Was it like standard tabloid 1990’s formalia in order to provoke? It just seems so completely unsubstantiated!
MSM was doing the 'Michael is gay' thing as far back as the 80's.

MSM was doing the 'Michael is gay' thing as far back as the 80's.
MSM = mainstream media, I presume?

Okay, but I’m still at a loss. Why? (I’ll answer that one for myself [feel free to correct]: For the headlines.)

I just find the whole “he’s gay” routine so childish!

Sorry for the derailing! I’m a bit worked up at yesterday’s disgusting thievery at the moment.

Yeah. I'm lazy. And tired.

Okay, but I’m still at a loss. Why? (I’ll answer that one for myself [feel free to correct]: For the headlines.)

Can't really help you. I always used to avoid a lot of the media coverage of Michael. I'm not interested in the personal lives of my peeps so I'm always quite detached from that stuff. With Michael even more so bc there was so much stuff that was absolutely ridiculous / irrelevant / just plain horrible so I wouldn't read it or just quickly skimmed it. I usually knew what was being said but not the detail. Where the 'gay' thing came from I'm not sure. It might even have started as far back as the late 70's. I just can't remember. It was on a par with the whole, 'oh his dad had him chemically castrated'. You're just not gonna pay attention to that, are you?

Just to be clear, I don't care if Michael was gay or not. Let's just say, hypothetically, that he was gay. My only concern would be that he didn't feel able to be himself, that he felt he had to hide it. That would be beyond sad.

But the way MSM played it was all about undermining Michael or ridiculing him or making him out to be a weirdo or ... I don't even know. I don't understand the MSM mindset and I don't want to. I don't know why they went after him in the particular ways they did. I kept my distance as much as I could.

Sorry for the derailing! I’m a bit worked up at yesterday’s disgusting thievery at the moment.
It's just so horrible.

Don't wanna make you feel any more miserable but you just reminded me of something. Charles Thomson tells a tale of the glorious UK press. I can't remember the details of this story so please don't be quoting me but the gist of it was that a journalist confirmed that a particular UK newspaper (it no longer exists) would encourage the writers to make up lies about Michael. One front page story being about injuries sustained by fans at one of Michael's shows (there were none).

This is what he was up against. All the time.

Don't wanna make you feel any more miserable but you just reminded me of something. Charles Thomson tells a tale of the glorious UK press. I can't remember the details of this story so please don't be quoting me but the gist of it was that a journalist confirmed that a particular UK newspaper (it no longer exists) would encourage the writers to make up lies about Michael. One front page story being about injuries sustained by fans at one of Michael's shows (there were none).

This is what he was up against. All the time.
The British tabloids always struck me as especially fierce. Pure evil at times.

The British tabloids always struck me as especially fierce. Pure evil at times.
Exactly so. Which is why I kept my distance. You could never avoid it completely bc so much was on the front pages and all of it was in headlines a mile high. So it was there, in your face. I just refused to engage with it. There was ridicule, there was real hatred, imo. There was racism. And, yes, pure evil. I would not argue with that assessment. I am British and this does not make me proud. Believe me.

And now I need a few more photos.

This next batch of photos come from a congressional hearing that Lisa Marie attended.

Lisa Marie Presley listens to testimony (and contributes her own statement) as she attends a House Government Reform Committee hearing on Capitol Hill September 26, 2002 in Washington, DC. The committee heard testimony on hyperactivity disorders and whether children are being overmedicated.

Last edited:
Back