Overwhelmed by so much music

Hiker

MJJC Staff
Staff member
Donations
$20.00
Country
Switzerland
Since I came to this forum, I have been finding myself overwhelmed by so much of Michael's music that I have not even heard of. There is just not enough time in the day to listen to everything.
I discovered a 180+ song playlist of Acapella versions of the songs. This word did not exist in my vocabulary before. Some are just wow! I don't know why they bothered to add instruments to his voice!
Then there are demo versions that people keep posting here.
The unreleased songs that keep showing up every day!
I want to listen to everything, but I don't know how to keep up!! I am still listening to the 5 albums, and feel like there is still so much in them that I have not fully appreciated.

Since I came to this forum, I have been finding myself overwhelmed by so much of Michael's music that I have not even heard of. There is just not enough time in the day to listen to everything.
I discovered a 180+ song playlist of Acapella versions of the songs. This word did not exist in my vocabulary before. Some are just wow! I don't know why they bothered to add instruments to his voice!
I want to listen to everything, but I don't know how to keep up!! I am still listening to the 5 albums, and feel like there is still so much in them that I have not fully appreciated.
That's great man, enjoy! I wish I had the chance to re-discover it all over again.

Ps don't do a deep dive into Prince's catalogue if you're a fan. You'll have an aneurysm haha.

All the best!

Here's a seldom seen to MJ live performance for you: :) 🌹

Music Only:

Last edited:
There is so much to appreciate! I remember when Invincible came out, I was in 7th grade and had just became a fan with the older hits on HIStory Book I that my mom gave me. I’d listen to it before bed, mesmerized by every detail. Waiting for Invincible was so exciting (it came out in October I think) and then getting it for Christmas was magical. Following the ordeal with Sony in real time as it was happening pissed me off so much. I was so mad Invincible wasn’t promoted well. I always loved the album cover, but after learning how much Sony changed the image from the original photoshoot really annoyed me. As a young kid I even knew that him releasing a new album was a big deal, and wanted it to succeed like his others!!

I then discovered HIStory Book II, then Blood On The Dance Floor and Dangerous. So I discovered his music kind of in backwards chronological order. I’ve been playing HIStory on repeat all week actually. I can’t get enough on the song Money when he calls out Trump ever so quietly but powerfully in the background lol!!
Anyway, that’s my rambling. It’s so fun seeing you discover his music at the same time that I’m re-discovering it! ☺️

Right??! I've been a fan for almost 15 years now and I'm still finding songs from the J5/The Jacksons days and songs that he did backing vocals for.

Back