*Parliament/Funkadelic*

“Whatever it is your heart desires, please go for it, it’s yours to have” (Gloria Estefan).
no cause i'm researching Sly [whom i adore] , n i'll get too excitable n confused. [ i have accidentally found another one last night too, American keyboardist and record producer , short career but made impact [to me] but i am really , really tempted with these people now ,....because all i see is Wu....... and the colours !o_O:eek::eek:

no cause i'm researching Sly [whom i adore] , n i'll get too excitable n confused. [ i have accidentally found another one last night too, American keyboardist and record producer , short career but made impact [to me] but i am really , really tempted with these people now ,....because all i see is Wu....... and the colours !o_O:eek::eek:
“American keyboardist and record producer”? 🤔

David Foster? Herbie Hancock? Greg Phillinganes? Joe Sample? George Duke?

Steve Porcaro?

George Gershwin? Billy Preston? Bernie Worrell? Thelonious Monk?
Did he produce stuff? Musician, songwriter, arranger. I didn't know he produced, as well. I wish I had actually read that biography I got from the charity shop. I was too tired so I donated it back to them.

Did he produce stuff? Musician, songwriter, arranger. I didn't know he produced, as well. I wish I had actually read that biography I got from the charity shop. I was too tired so I donated it back to them.
You’re right, he doesn’t belong.

I have a nagging feeling Mr Monk doesn’t belong, either. I think he (co-)produced a few tracks, but never a full album.

Parliament / I Just Got Back (From the Fantasy, Ahead of Our Time in the Four Lands of Ellet) [1974; written by Peter Chase]

I have a nagging feeling Mr Monk doesn’t belong, either.
Snap! I think you could be right but didn't want to say anything bc didn't want to further derail the thread but mostly bc I'm too tired to go and find out exactly what Thelonious did.

I think he (co-)produced a few tracks, but never a full album.
This sounds about right but, tbh, Thelonious has never been one of my main guys. I wouldn't claim to be an expert on him.

Back