Pee-Wee Herman is back after 17 years!

defdave

Proud Member
Many of you undoubtedly probably already know about it.

I had heard earlier this year that Pee-Wee was making his return for the first time since 1992, but I didn't know when it would actually be happening.

That time is NOW.

Late last night I watched a pre-recorded broadcast of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien where Pee-Wee Herman was the featured guest. He was back not as Paul Reubens, but as the one and only legendary Pee-Wee Herman himself!

Looks like Pee-Wee is about to bring back his original pre-Playhouse stage show you may have seen back in the day on pay cable tv in the mid-80's.

And rumors I heard earlier in the year said he was going to star in a brand new Pee-Wee movie! I hope that's right. I hope they weren't just mistaken and referring to the new stage show.

But regardless....everybody...Pee-Wee is back.

Personally, I love it. After seeing so many icons from my 80's childhood pass away over the past few years, it's great to see a return like this. I mean...it's been over 17 years since we've seen Pee-Wee in all his strange bow-tied glory.

Video from Conan:

Part 1:
http://vids.myspace.com/index....dividual&VideoID=100988766

Part 2:
http://vids.myspace.com/index....dividual&VideoID=100988769

I really hope we see a third installment in the Pee-Wee movies. Big Top was okay....Big Adventure was great. I'd love to see what a new movie would bring.

Yes he screwed up when he did what he did in that theater. He shouldn't have been doing that in public especially. But personally I forgive him.

All that aside, he always provided incredible children's entertainment and my kids love watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I am extremely picky about what I expose my kids to, but I've always felt totally safe with my kids watching Pee-Wee.

With all the crap and turmoil in the world, I think we could all use some Pee-Wee back in our lives. :)

So now, he's back and I'm glad.

"I know you are, but what am I?! Ha-ha!!!"

Pee-Wee Herman's official website:
http://www.peewee.com/

woo hoo! i been following him on twitter.
his show was a trip!
His interviews as himself and not Pee wee always make him seem so mysterous and interesting. like who is this guy really? i like his non Pee wee work hes done as well. im glad he got his career back and that past incident didnt tarnish him forever. i figure once our generation grew up we wouldn't blame him anyway, that was our parents. i also had no clue ''Pee wee'' was a stage act for adults originally and then became a kids show! so saying that, i really miss those type of kid shows like Pee wee and the Muppet Show where adults can watch and laugh along with their kids, unlike what we have today... adults cant really stand Barney and Dora the explorer, so kids watch alone...( yea their made for kids,i get it.) but, it was pretty interesting creating shows that kids and adults can get into like back in the 80's. it was fun laughing along with my 'rents. anyway, i'll follow Pee wee no matter what he does nowwww.

I hope it really happens this time. The rumours of a comeback have been going around for a while now. Pee Wees Big Adventure was hilarious!

Back