Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigtails and Froglegs

[size=+1]Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.[/size]
~ Michael Jackson, 1993

pigtailsfroglegs.jpg

In 1993, Michael wrote the introduction to a cookbook for families published by Neiman Marcus, Pigtails and Frog Legs. The book was illustrated by legendary Warner Bros. Cartoon artist Chuck Jones. Above is Jones’ portrayal of Michael.

To a child, food is something special. It isn’t just a delicious taste or the vitamins that build a healthy body. Food is love and caring, security and hope — all the things that a food family can provide. Remember when you were little and your mother made a pie for you? When she cut a slice and put it on your plate, she was giving you a bit of herself, in the form of her love. She made your hunger go away, and when you were full and satisfied, everything seemed all right. Because that satisfied feeling was in the pie, you were nourished from a deep level. Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.

Think about how necessary it is to nourish a child with a bit of yourself when you use this book. It is full of delicious things. Every recipe has an extra ingredient of caring, because the people who wrote them were thinking of the children. They were specially thinking of those who aren’t able to take nourishment for granted because they are poor, sick or disabled. These are the children who need food to heal. The theme of ‘Heal the World’, which has been close to my heart, is the central theme of this book, also. Here are recipes for the spirit. Please make them with that in mind. Your child is growing spirit that can be knit strong with love. When you break an egg and measure a cup of flour, you are magically mixing the gift of life. The food’s proteins and minerals will turn into bones and muscles, but your feeling as you cook will turn directly into a soul.

It makes me happy to think that the needs of children’s spirits are at last becoming important in this world. Children have no power to end wars directly or to mend age-old differences.

All they can do is be themselves, to shine with gratitude and joy when love is turned their way. Yet isn’t that ultimately the greatest power? In the eyes of a child you become the source of joy, which lifts you into the special category of caregiver and life-provider. You may think that your apple pie has only sugar and spice in it. A child is wiser — with the first bite, he knows that this special dish is the essence of your love.

Enjoy!

— Michael Jackson, 1993

Source:

http://www.heeheeshamone.com/archives/251

Another Part of Me

lovetreeMJ2.png

Sometime in late August 2009 I was fast asleep in my bed, dreaming of Michael for weeks on end. All of a sudden I awoke with a start at 3:00 am because I heard the song "Another Part of Me" sung by Michael but extremely loud. It was so loud that I sat upright in my bed, startled, looking around and wondering what that was all about.
Well, it soon became abundantly clear what it was all about because I read something about a Major Love Prayer, ".....we're sending out a Major Love, and this is my message to you". It appealed to me even though I wasn't in the habit of praying, or meditating for that matter.
I decided to give it a try; never too old to start something new, and see how it would go. I have never missed a Major Love Prayer since.

If you have heard of the quantum physics, the zero-point field and the Akasha field, or if you saw the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know", you will know that everything is energy. Atoms and particles moving through space and hitting each other, and impacting the energy around them. Have you ever entered a room where someone just told some very bad news ? The atmosphere feels heavy then, doesn't it ?
Just imagine for a moment what the impact, the full potential, can be of thousands of people sending out a Major Love into our chaotic, scared and confused world. It is a very uplifting, wonderful thing that takes place then. Purification, healing, unity, connectedness, protection, love, caring it's all being emanated from these group of people with the simple and pure goal to make the world a better place.
And that is why this song too is very special to me, for my wake-up call, literally and lovingly.
~ MJJLaugh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michael_jackson_another_part_of_me-4907855-1131964927.jpeg

AnotherPartOfMe.jpg

Lyrics to Another Part of Me

We're Takin' Over
We Have The Truth
This Is The Mission
To See It Through

Don't Point Your Finger
Not Dangerous
This Is Our Planet
You're One Of Us

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
The Planets Are Linin' Up
We're Bringin' Brighter Days
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
Can't You See . . .?
You're Just Another Part Of Me . .

A Rather Nation
Fulfill The Truth
The Final Message
We're Bring To You
There Is No Danger
Fulfill The Truth
So Come Together
We're Mean Is You

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
So Look The Truth
You're Just Another Part Of Me . .

We're Sendin' Out
A Major Love
And This Is Our
Message To You
(Message To You)
They're All In Line
Waitin' For You
Can't You See . . .?
You're Just Another Part Of Me
Another Part Of Me

We're Takin' Over
This Is The Truth, Baby
Another Part Of Me

20450_104301282928874_1000004700941.jpg

Another Part Of Me (CaptainEO) - Michael Jackson

Source:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/anotherpartofme.html

Long Live the King: Remembering Michael Jackson

michael-jackson2.jpg

Simply put, Michael Jackson’s legacy cannot be boiled down to a single album, song, or music video—no matter how hard some of us may inevitably try. Likewise, his life cannot be reduced to an individual court case, tabloid story, or television/movie appearance. He’s been the victim of too many punchlines and late-night monologues to count, but even when he was marginalized, never once would anyone dispute his status as one of the most successful recording artists in the history of all of pop music. He’s had several highs and numerous lows, but there isn’t any one event that outshines the other: Jackson’s life was a tapestry of showmanship, eccentricity, and damn fine pop songs. It is for this reason that Michael Jackson’s sudden death is still reverberating with us all: it’s hard to completely process the sheer enormity of his contributions to pop culture, both intentional and otherwise.

1-005-005927_7-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Part of the reason why Jackson’s passing is so difficult is because Michael Jackson wasn’t just a pop-star—he was the pop star, achieving a level of fame that was so omnipresent that it (arguably) has yet to be matched by anyone since. He arrived right on the cusp of the music video era, and instead of simply playing the game like everyone else did, he wound up blazing trails that no one thought possible, breaking not only racial barriers but also preconceived notions of what pop music sounded like (much less looked like). He knew people saw music as much as they heard it, and his peak-era videos—which featured him walking on glowing pavement, engaging in gangster knife-fights, and choreographing zombie dance routines—didn’t just become MTV staples: they became ingrained in our collective consciousness; and—like all great art—these clips were parodied, stolen from, and mimicked for decades to come.

Yet Michael Jackson was first and foremost a singer and songwriter. Though his first recordings with the Jackson 5 were remarkably addictive pieces of Motown bubblegum pop, it wasn’t until his first “grown-up” album—the 1979 disco classic Off the Wall—that Jackson began making his slow ascent from pop star to cultural phenomenon. With the help of producer Quincy Jones, Jackson had found a sound that was equal parts funk and rock, soul and pop. Though none of his songs could ever really be described as “groundbreaking”, his ambition to reach out to different genres gave him a wide-eyed eclecticism that few other artists could match. After all, who else would have thought to bring in a rock guitarist like Eddie Van Halen to play on a song called “Beat It” on what was originally thought of as just an R&B album?

1-005-005927_12-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Of course, Thriller wasn’t “just” an R&B album by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, Thriller was a bona fide phenomenon like no other album before or after it. Unlike most big-budget albums of the ‘80s, Thriller was more than just a collection of pop songs: it had all the makings of a blockbuster movie, ranging from its kooky characters (Vincent Price’s famed “rap” in the title track) to its marquee-name supporting players (Paul McCartney stopping by on “The Girl is Mine”), providing something romantic for the ladies (“Human Nature”, “The Lady in My Life”), something explosive for the fellas (“Billie Jean”, “Beat It”), and yes, it even had something for the kids (“Thriller”, again). Jackson wasn’t just courting pop audiences from across the soul aisle: he was making an album that everyone could come and enjoy regardless of age, gender, or background. By inviting everyone to the party, it’s no surprise that 28 million of us came (and, as the massive sales figures for Thriller‘s 25th Anniversary Edition proved, some of us are still showing up even today).

michael-jackson.jpg

Though nothing could ever (ever) top a milestone like Thriller, Jackson at least tried with 1987’s Bad and 1991’s Dangerous, which—even with their respective flaws—are still filled with enough untouchable singles to warrant worthy place in Jackson’s echelon of classics (pop songs rarely get as feel-good perfect as “Black or White” does). Yet during the years that followed Dangerous—filled with drawn-out trials, failed comeback attempts, and his own increasingly bizarre public behavior (and the less said about 1988’s Moonwalker film, the better)—Jackson’s catalog began to grow increasingly comfortable with its place in rock history. This was further evidenced every couple of years by some young band coming in to cover an MJ classic and usually ruining it for the rest of us (see: Fall Out Boy’s humorless take on “Beat It”, Chris Cornell’s abysmal do-over of “Billie Jean”, Steel Train’s colorless version of “I Want You Back”, etc.). The only thing these cover songs wound up doing was make us yearn for the original, ultimately proving an unspoken rule in pop music that everyone already knows: a Michael Jackson song belongs to Michael Jackson and no one else.

1-005-005927_2-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Which leads us back to why Jackson’s passing has stricken us as much as it has. His first hit with the Jackson 5 was in 1970, and 39 years later, his songs are still being covered on American Idol. During the years between, he changed the rules of how pop music was made and marketed, challenged America to accept a black singer as a fully-bodied multimedia phenomenon, and at one fateful point in 1983, had every kid in America attempting to moonwalk across their linoleum kitchen floors in their socks. By losing Michael Jackson, we’re not just losing one of the greatest entertainers to ever live: it feels like we’re losing a part of our entire culture. Though his achievements will always stand the test of time, it’s a shame that MJ won’t be around to see how his music will effect a whole new generation.

1-005-005927_5-Michael-Jackson.jpg

We can do a lot of things in remembering Jackson, whether it be recounting his mind-numbingly impressive chart figures (according to this Billboard report, he scored 47 Hot 100 hits during his reign as the King of Pop, 13 of which went straight to the top of the charts) or standing in awe of the sheer spectacle of his visual achievements (like the multi-million dollar Mark Romanek-helmed clip for his Janet Jackson duet “Scream”). Yet there is no better way to remember Michael Jackson than by doing what he wanted us to do all the way back in 1970: just play one his songs. As the days, weeks, and months go by—undoubtedly to be filled with autopsy reports, unveiled skeletons from his closet, and a debate over whether his private life will ever overshadow his musical legacy—we can at least take solace in the fact that no matter what happens, “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” will still sound as funky 20 years from now as you did when you first heard it, the music video for “Thriller” will never cease to be entertaining, and Michael Jackson is—just as he’s always been—the undisputed King of Pop.

michael-jackson.jpg

Source:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/107324-long-live-the-king-remembering-michael-jackson/

Last edited:
Music - Nourishment for the Soul

As human beings we need, among other things, to eat and drink in order to maintain our physical bodies. This is not a matter of discussion or opinion, it is a scientific fact. That is biology, physiology and in extreme situations survival of the fittest. We try to take care of ourself and our family, spouse, children to the best of our abilities.
But what about our soul ? How do you nourish your soul ?
Music can nourish the soul, depending on the type of music and its energy frequency.
Music speaks a common language and can break barriers of sorts among people.
The wide range of music that Michael created and sang helped to reach millions of people all over the world, who were and are inspired to find their highest purpose in life and fullfil their soul's promise.
Unfortunately I cannot play any musical instrument, but I enjoy music immensely and it lifts me up, inspires me and nourishes my soul, Michael's music especially!
~ MJJLaugh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0_5402.jpg

Music is something that sticks with you. A particular song may remind you of a particular vacation spot or it may bring back memories of your first love. Some songs are motivating and uplifting and some songs call it like it is. Some songs make you feel energized and want to dance and some can make you cry. Music can feed your soul like no other source. Then there are songs that can stick in your head and no matter what you do you can't stop singing it. All it takes is hearing even the smallest part of the song and it can stick with you like glue.
- From "Music - Food For Your Soul"

300_934551.jpg

"My favorite music is an eclectic mix. For example, I love classical music. I'm crazy about Debussy. Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun and Clair de Lune. And Prokofiev. I could listen to Peter and the Wolf over and over and over again. Copland is one of my all-time favorite composers. You can recognize his distinctive brass sounds right away. Billy the Kid is fabulous. I listen to a lot of Tchaikovsky. The Nutcracker Suite is a favorite. I have a large collection of show tunes also --Irving Berlin, Johnny Mercer, Lerner and Loewe, Harold Arlen, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and the great Holland-Dozier-Holland. I really admire those guys."
~ Michael Jackson

temporary.jpg

"To my very loyal and dedicated fans throughout the world...your love, your caring, your endless support, provide nourishment to my soul and keep my spirit strong and unwavering... Together we will Heal The World."
~ Michael Jackson

"What one wishes is to be touched by truth and to be able to interpret that truth so that one may use what one is feeling and experiencing, be it despair or joy, in a way that will add meaning to one's life and will hopefully touch others as well. This is art in its highest form. Those moments of enlightenment are what I continue to live for."
~ Michael Jackson

michael-jackson_24054_1.jpg

"There's a certain sense that animals and children have that gives me a certain creative juice, a certain force that later on in adulthood is kind of lost because of the conditioning that happens in the world. A great poet said once. "When I see children, I see that God has not yet given up on man." An Indian poet from India said that, and his name is Tagore. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity. That is the potential of every human being. But by the time you are an adult, you're conditioned; you're so conditioned by the things about you and it goes. Love. Children are loving, they don't gossip, they don't complain, they're just open-hearted. They're ready for you. They don't judge. They don't see things by way of color. They're very child-like. That's the problem with adults they lose that child-like quality. And that's the level of inspiration that's so needed and is so important for creating and writing songs and for a sculptor, a poet or a novelist. It's that same kind of innocence, that same level of consciousness, that you create from. And kids have it. I feel it right away from animals and children and nature. Of course. And when I'm on stage. I can't perform if I don't have that kind of ping pony with the crowd. You know the kind of cause and effect action, reaction. Because I play off of them. They're really feeding me and I'm just acting from their energy."
~ Michael Jackson

michael-jackson_24054_9_med.jpg

"Each song is a child I nourish and give my love to. But even if you have never written a song, your life is a song. How can it not be?"
~ Michael Jackson

OUR ANGEL MICHAEL JACKSON!

Earthlyme made this touching video on January 11, 2008.
For those of you less familair with classical music, the video is set to the music of "The Nutcracker" by Tchaikovsky, my favorite ballet of all time!
Thank you Romi. :heart:

Sources:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/michael-jackson/articles/24054/title/tao-jackson

http://hubpages.com/hub/Music-Food-for-Your-Soul

Japan, You Are Not Alone

Bad-Era-1987-Japan-Visit-1987-michael-jackson-11158569-900-606.jpg

Michael+Jackson+88_japan.jpg

This evening I zapped between channels, mostly trying to comprehend what had happened in Japan hours earlier. Such devastation, such chaos, people killed and people wounded, others trying to contact their loved ones to know if they are allright. Then I happened to see "Earth Song" being performed by a female singer in Andre Rieu's show in Mexico. This time these words really stood out in the song:
"....Did you ever stop to notice
The crying Earth the weeping shores? "

Michael had a special place in his heart for his Japanese fans who stood by him through thick and thin, as you can see from the words he spoke in 2006 relating to the acceptance of the MTV Japan's Legend Award:

"I look forward to my visit to Japan because I have so many fond memories of my visits there. I thank MTV Japan for this honor...I look forward to seeing old friends, and saying hello to my huge fan base in Japan,
who, like my other fans around the world, have for so many years consistently shown their love and support to me and my family."
~Michael Jackson

Bad-Era-1987-Japan-Visit-1987-michael-jackson-11158587-900-602.jpg

So this entire post is dedicated to all the people of Japan and anyone who has family or friends over there. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you! :hug:

Sources:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/35947/michael_jackson_to_accept_mtv_japans.html?cat=33

MJJLaugh;3282524 said:
Pigtails and Froglegs

[size=+1]Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.[/size]
~ Michael Jackson, 1993

pigtailsfroglegs.jpg

In 1993, Michael wrote the introduction to a cookbook for families published by Neiman Marcus, Pigtails and Frog Legs. The book was illustrated by legendary Warner Bros. Cartoon artist Chuck Jones. Above is Jones’ portrayal of Michael.

To a child, food is something special. It isn’t just a delicious taste or the vitamins that build a healthy body. Food is love and caring, security and hope — all the things that a food family can provide. Remember when you were little and your mother made a pie for you? When she cut a slice and put it on your plate, she was giving you a bit of herself, in the form of her love. She made your hunger go away, and when you were full and satisfied, everything seemed all right. Because that satisfied feeling was in the pie, you were nourished from a deep level. Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.

Think about how necessary it is to nourish a child with a bit of yourself when you use this book. It is full of delicious things. Every recipe has an extra ingredient of caring, because the people who wrote them were thinking of the children. They were specially thinking of those who aren’t able to take nourishment for granted because they are poor, sick or disabled. These are the children who need food to heal. The theme of ‘Heal the World’, which has been close to my heart, is the central theme of this book, also. Here are recipes for the spirit. Please make them with that in mind. Your child is growing spirit that can be knit strong with love. When you break an egg and measure a cup of flour, you are magically mixing the gift of life. The food’s proteins and minerals will turn into bones and muscles, but your feeling as you cook will turn directly into a soul.

It makes me happy to think that the needs of children’s spirits are at last becoming important in this world. Children have no power to end wars directly or to mend age-old differences.

All they can do is be themselves, to shine with gratitude and joy when love is turned their way. Yet isn’t that ultimately the greatest power? In the eyes of a child you become the source of joy, which lifts you into the special category of caregiver and life-provider. You may think that your apple pie has only sugar and spice in it. A child is wiser — with the first bite, he knows that this special dish is the essence of your love.

Enjoy!

— Michael Jackson, 1993

Source:

http://www.heeheeshamone.com/archives/251

I can't believe I didn't know about this.

Thank you so much for posting.
I think Michael will keep fascinating and surprising me for the rest of my life.

[size=+1]Prayer for Relief[/size]

Okay this will be the first post without it being about Michael, but it is in Michael's spirit and that is most important right now, after the horrible natural disasters that struck Japan; first the earthquake, then the tsunami and now the worries about a possible meltdown.
Please help if you can.
Japanese people please stay strong and know that we are thinking of you and praying for all of you.
~ MJJLaugh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please support “Doctors Without Borders” and the relief efforts in Japan! Your ‘thank you’ song here…
March 12, 2011
by gettingoutofthewayofthemusic

Woke up this morning and meant to write a different post.

But this it would be. I turned toward the news channel and my heart broke in just one single second. Throughout the course of the day the idea grew to somehow ‘do’ something.

A few days back I wrote the lyrics to this song, not yet knowing what this would be for, wrote it, put it aside as I do with so much.
Throughout the day the idea was born to support one relief effort. I wrote this song and quickly recorded it. (forgive some rough spots, sorry)

We (The Major Love Prayer and myself) would like to kindly ask you to support “Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres” who are currently trying to reach the worst hit areas with support teams.
Due to flooding MSF is trying to use helicopters and will coordinate further relief efforts after an initial assessment.

We’re hoping to have a video up soon and kindly ask for you to support this organization in their quest to help in the worst hit areas. We have nothing to sell to you- but we would like you to consider a direct donation to “Doctors Without Borders” since efforts like these deserve support. And THANK YOU! (hoping to have a video up by the end of the day)

>How to make a (tax deductible) direct donation: -have a look at their website!

>For donations from outside the US, or direct donations in currencies other than the US dollar -please use this link!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htC9iYGmazQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htC9iYGmazQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Prayer For Relief

Nightfall gently rolls
Spilling waterfalls
Waters crashing still
Over every hill.

Castles in the sky
Your ballroom’s safe for you to fly
Mirrors everywhere
And his music that is floating here and there.

Thanks for flying with me
No emergency exits anywhere on board
Thanks for flying with me
No emergency exits anywhere

Hands surrounding him
Gently tending now to him
Feet no longer his
On his toes he’ll twist

Wash away the tears
Dare to share all dreams and fears
And fall asleep at last
And a lullaby I’ll sing you real fast.

Nightfall and some relief
Dimly lit sights they now see
Over rolling hills
And the peace
And the peace
And the peace
That it spills
E pace mio dolce cuore
E pace mio tesoro
Friede, Friede, Friede, mein Herz
Und Friede, Friede und Friede mein Herz!

Lyrics, Composition, Arrangement, Vocals & Piano: Irina Hale
-©2011 Irina Hale, March 11, 2011; All Rights Reserved

In Hope for those who are waiting for help and those rebuilding;
In Memory of those who lost their lives.

Source:

http://gettingoutofthewayofthemusic...ef-efforts-in-japan-your-thank-you-song-here/

Michael Jackson as a lesson about gifted children

michael_asa_child.jpg

Of all the mystery surrounding Michael Jackson, his genius has been unquestionable since the onset of his professional career at the age of five.

It also seems clear that most of the adults entrusted with the care of this rare child exploited him for their own fame and fortune. All the love and adoration showered upon Michael Jackson from every corner of the earth thoughout his entire life never seemed to fill those unfathomed voids carved out during his unique childhood.

I remember watching the Bashir Living with Michael Jackson "documentary" several years ago and wondering why, with all the armchair psychologist opinions about Michael Jackson's childhood, no one seemed to be evaluating his childhood experiences as those of a profoundly gifted child.
During the interview, Jackson spoke about his father's reluctance to listen to him sing, insisting that Jermaine was the lead singer of the group, and that he only entertained young Michael at the insistence of his wife. Once he saw his son's talent, Michael was the lead singer. It would certainly be nearly impossible for his older brothers, only children themselves, to feel no envy for their phenomenal little brother taking center stage as they rocketed to superstardom. In the interview, Jackson also spoke about his cousins, and even his father making fun of him during his teenage years, pointing out his greasy face and his large nose. Perhaps his father was trying to keep his young ego in check, never imagining that the ego of someone so brilliant and talented could be so desperately fragile.

Although Michael's giftedness was more profound than most, his story is an excellent example of the hardships all of these children face. First and foremost is the fact that these children are indeed fragile. They contemplate everything on a deeper level than their peers, often more deeply than can express in words. An image of a starving child on the other side of the world may haunt the dreams of a gifted seven-year-old for weeks. Gifted children tend to be hypersensitive, both physically and emotionally. They hear more, smell more, taste more and feel more. These heightened senses can be overwhelming and filtering out the physical and emotional noise can be exhausting. Michael spoke of fainting when his father entered the room. When Mozart was very young, loud sounds would cause him to vomit. Another thing Michael mentioned in the interview was that someone had referred to him as a "forty-two-year-old midget" when he was little. This is another prominent issue with gifted children; their development is asynchronous. They may seem many years older or younger than their chronological age depending on the situation they are in at any given moment.

Most importantly, gifted children are often ostracized by their peers and even the adults around them. They are made to feel weird or odd. Often the people around them feel jealous of their talents, or simply can't understand why a gifted child acts the way she does, whatever her peculiarities may be. If their giftedness has escaped the notice of their parents and teachers, they may even be labeled slow.

The Gifted And Talented Education program at the San Diego Unified School District was founded with the intention of addressing the unique difficulties that gifted children present. Still, many of the GATE certified teachers in the district fail to recognize that gifted children aren't just smart, but challenged in many ways. Michael Jackson is an extreme example of extreme giftedness, but every adult who is parenting or teaching a gifted child can heed the lesson of how important it is to recognize a gifted child's failings as well as his talents.

Source:

http://www.examiner.com/public-educ...ael-jackson-as-a-lesson-about-gifted-children

Michael, I Love You!

michael-jackson-(2).jpg

The music of Yanni "Dare to Dream" inspired me to write this poem for Michael. It was born out of my love for him, pure and endless love like I've never known before.

The easiest thing to do
was loving you
The hardest thing to do
was losing you
It was as if I'd known you from before
as if we'd met, loving forever more
You are my inspiration,my dream, my delight,
my morning, noon and night
Now there's a gaping hole in my soul
Only with you do I feel whole
together we are more than one
a love so pure and giving
sharing, giggling and living
in all those lives long ago
a renewed memory stirs
and makes itself known
where you are is what I call home.

Michael, my love, my life
I know you are not really gone
but your spirit lives on
this became abundantly clear
feeling you close and near
a kiss on my forehead
wiping away a lonely tear
softly whispering inside my head
clearly hearing what you said
you spoke from love and genuine care
telling me to do and simply dare
Dare to dream and do what is right
positively uplifting the planet into the light
with words we can build that promise, that dream
just like music and that movie scene
they capture the hearts and motivate the soul
to become one and whole

Michael Jackson - The Driver

i.png

257204590.jpg

Michael Jackson- The Driver (as told by his Mother Katherine)

In Photos: Michael Jackson driving with his niece

Michael usually drove himself to Kingdom Hall and his field-service
routes. He’d finally gotten his driver’s license in 1981, at the age of twenty-
three. Initially he didn’t want to learn to drive.

“I’ll just get a chauffeur when I want to go out,” he said when I began
nagging him about getting his license.

“But suppose you’re someplace and your chauffeur gets sick?” I reasoned.

Finally, he relented and took some lessons.

After he began driving, Michael decided that he enjoyed being behind the
wheel, after all. The first time he took me for a ride, he ventured up to
Mulholland Drive, a winding road in the Hollywood Hills. It was a hair-
raising experience.

“I’ve got a crook in my neck and my feet hurt,” LaToya, who was also in
the car, complained afterward. “I was putting on the brakes’ with my feet and
‘steering’ the car with my neck trying to keep it on the road. I was so scared!”

It was white-knuckle time for me, too. Michael drove fast. He also had the
same habit that I have: driving right up to the car in front and stopping on a
dime.

After that, Michael started going out by himself.

“You shouldn’t go out alone,” I told him. “Get Bill Bray to go with you.”

But Michael wouldn’t hear of it. “I’m tired of having security with me
every time I go someplace.”

When he began driving, Michael told me that he would never go on
freeways; he thought they were too dangerous. So I was shocked one day
when Michael suddenly drove us onto a freeway ramp.

“Wait a minute, Michael, what are you doing?”

“I can drive the freeways now!” he said, laughing. He had changed his
mind about freeways when he saw just how long it took him to get around Los
Angeles without using them.

Michael’s first car was a Mercedes. Then he bought a black Rolls-Royce,
which he later painted blue.

It was in the Rolls that he was stopped one day -- not for fans outside the
gate, but by a Van Nuys policeman.

“This looks like a stolen car,” the officer said. He didn’t recognise
Michael, who wasn’t wearing a disguise that day.

Michael explained politely that he did, indeed, own the car. But the officer
went ahead and ran a check on the car, and found that Michael had a ticket
outstanding.

The next thing Michael knew, he was sitting in the Van Nuys jail.

Bill Bray bailed him out. I didn’t even know what had happened until he
came home.

“You should have asked the officer what a stolen car looks like,” I said
after he related his adventure. Perhaps the cop had felt that a young black man
didn’t belong behind the wheel of a Rolls.

But Michael was not only put out by the experience, he professed to be
happy.

“I got to see how it felt to be in jail!” he exclaimed.

source: Katherine Jackson's "My Family"

michael_jackson_mercedes_9.jpg

Michael driving in his first car, a Mercedes that he later painted blue

image%20michael_jackson_mercedes_1-1.jpg

This Mercedes 500 SEL was the first car Michael owned.

MJ-driving-michael-jackson-11952809-604-467.jpg

Michael driving a convertible

Source:

http://twitpic.com/494sby

A Thousand Paper Cranes for Japan

minizoom.jpg

The plight of the Japanese people had me thinking about how some people just have these wonderful ideas to help raise money, food, medicines, water supplies or whatever is needed at the moment.
Michael was always willing to help those in need in any way that he could. Often there was no press involved at all, but he did these charitable and random acts of kindness because he felt compelled to do so and wanted to do this from the bottom of his heart. That is just one of the things I love about Michael.
Now, the Japanese people need our help and our moral support as well.
Folding a thousand paper cranes is supposed to please the Gods so much that you are granted one wish. For more background information on the symbolism of the crane in Japanese culture you can click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_origami_cranes

2006-world-music-awards-japan.jpg

gif2-1.gif

japan2.jpg

How can we help ?

- Inspire companies to create a paper crane emoticon that people can "buy" by texting and thereby supporting relief efforts in Japan

- Children in schools can fold a paper crane and sell them to help raise money

- Get sponsors in return for a paper crane; get companies to get involved

- write to your favorite celebrity, author, tv anchor to support the paper crane iniatiative

- print paper cranes on t-shirts and sell them whereby all profits go to Japan

Undoubtedly there are many other (better) ideas out there that we can executive in the spirit of Michael's legacy and charity work. He would be so proud of us all. :heart: :hug:

Last edited:
A Thousand Paper Cranes for Japan

minizoom.jpg

The plight of the Japanese people had me thinking about how some people just have these wonderful ideas to help raise money, food, medicines, water supplies or whatever is needed at the moment.
Michael was always willing to help those in need in any way that he could. Often there was no press involved at all, but he did these charitable and random acts of kindness because he felt compelled to do so and wanted to do this from the bottom of his heart. That is just one of the things I love about Michael.
Now, the Japanese people need our help and our moral support as well.
Folding a thousand paper cranes is supposed to please the Gods so much that you are granted one wish. For more background information on the symbolism of the crane in Japanese culture you can click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_origami_cranes

:clapping:

Great! :heart:

Michael Jackson, the Snake, the Mouse -- and a Lesson in Drama

muscles_large.jpg

Once you’ve got your hero, what gets the emotion moving? What holds us spellbound, begging for more? Michael Jackson taught me in no uncertain terms, the answer is drama.

Back in 1991, Jackson already was a force to be reckoned with. After renewing his contract with Sony for a record-setting $65 million, he released his eighth album, "Dangerous¸" with the singles “Black or White” and “Remember the Time,” both of which dominated the pop charts. As CEO of Sony Pictures, I’d sat in on the studio production of that album and was overwhelmed by Michael’s creative intensity and perfectionism.

His ambition knew no bounds. But when Sony’s most important musical asset invited me to his home in Encino to discuss his plans to get into movies and television, I was taken aback. Michael had proven he knew everything there was to know about pop music, but movies were a different animal. He wanted to produce as well as act. That meant telling stories. Could he do it?

I didn’t even have to ask the question. “In both films and music,” Michael said, “you have to know where the drama is and how to present it.” He gave me a long, intense stare and abruptly stood up. “Let me show you.”

He led me upstairs to the hallway outside his bedroom, where we stopped in front of a huge glass terrarium. “This,” he said, “is Muscles.”

Inside, a massive snake was coiled around a tree branch. His head was tracking something in the opposite corner of the terrarium.

Michael pointed with his finger at the object of Muscles’ obsession. A little white mouse was trying to hide behind a pile of wood shavings.

I said hopefully, “Are they friends?”

“Do they look it?”

“No. The mouse is trembling.”

Michael said, “We have to feed Muscles live mice, otherwise he won’t eat. Dead ones don’t get his attention.”

“So why doesn’t he just go ahead and eat it?”

He said, “Because he enjoys the game. First he uses fear to get the mouse’s attention, then he waits, building tension. Finally, when the mouse is so terrified it can’t move, Muscles will close in.”

That snake had the attention of that mouse, and that mouse had the attention of that snake -- and Michael Jackson had my attention.

“That’s drama,” he said.

“It sure is!” I said. “This story has everything -- stakes, suspense, power, death, good and evil, innocence and danger. I can’t stand it. And I can’t stop watching.”

“Exactly,” he said. “What’s going to happen next? Even if you know what it is, you don’t know how or when.”

“Maybe the mouse will escape.”

Michael let out one of his high, strange laughs. “Maybe.”

snake-Michael-1.jpg

That’s Muscles below crawling on the floor of MJ’s Californian home.

snake-Michael-1-Muscles-the-Boa-Constrictor-seen-here-in-the-house-1.jpg

Sources:

http://production.thewrap.activelamp.com/movies/blog-post/drama-gets-your-story-moving-25254

http://bestofmichaeljackson.jclondo...hael-jackson-and-muscles-the-boa-constrictor/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/07/michael-jackson-bubbles-muscles.html

Michael Jacksons Advice for Dreamers

PPR45215.jpg

I first met Michael around 1970 Black Expo, Chicago, Illinois. And from that day as a cute kid to this moment he never gave up dreaming. It was that dream that changed culture all over the world. When Michael started, it was a different. But because Michael kept going, because he didn’t accept limitations, because he refused to let people decide his boundaries, he opened up the whole world.

In the music he put on one glove, pulled his pants up and broke down the color curtain. When now our videos were shown and magazines put us on the cover, it was Michael Jackson that brought blacks and whites and Asians and Latinos together. It was Michael Jackson that made us sing 'we are the world,' to feed the hungry long before Live Aid.

Because Michael Jackson kept going, he created a comfort level where people that felt they were separate became interconnected with his music. Michael made us love each other. Michael taught us to stand with each other. There are those that like to dig around mess, but millions around the world we’re going to uphold his message. It’s not about mess; it’s about his love message. As you climb up steep mountains sometimes you scar your knee. Sometimes you break the skin but don’t focus on the scars, focus on the journey.
~ Rev. Al Sharpton during the memorial on 7/7/2009

135366.jpg

Michael Jackson's Advice for Dreamers

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dou0kGEWtQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.hark.com/clips/gytwgyjgjy-al-sharpton-addresses-michael-jackson-memorial

What is going on?

Many of the letters I received from people around the world have outlined a similar journey embarked on right after Michael Jackson's death or perhaps after seeing the movie "This Is It." It is a phenomenon that is being experienced in some form all over the world.

People report: having dreams about Michael; having compulsions to play his music; a constant urge to watch his "short films" or music videos; visiting you tube daily for Michael material; waking up with a Michael song in their heads; feeling a need for a daily dose of Michael's music.

Some of this of course, is the natural grieving process. Funeral rituals often involve going back to the casket bier several times in order to let the reality sink into one's psyche that the loved one is truly gone; the body no longer lives. Revisiting that finality helps us to begin the process that will bring us full circle and complete the grief.

For many who liked or loved Michael Jackson, the reality has not sunk in or has not been allowed in. A revisiting allows us to assimilate it in increments. It may be too big to wrap your mind around all at once. That's OK. That is the case with some people as it is hard to let go of someone whom may have had a hand in defining your life.

But there is more going on here beyond the normal grieving. The mass of people reporting the same or similiar unusual experiences appears to extend beyond ordinary numbers and defies natural convention. You may have heard of "mass sightings" of an entity or a phenomenon; there appears to be a mass "feeling" or a kinesthetic perception or appreciation of Michael's Presence that takes a variety of forms.

People have also recounted that they may have strayed from Michael's music or influence at some point in their lives and since his passing, have found their way back into his "fold" by buying new CDs, digging out their old Jackson Five albums, finding or buying his book and playing his music daily, sometimes in large doses.

Some people are new to the Michael experience and are just now discovering the message in the man. And often they wonder how could they have missed it? How could they not have known. Well, it's OK; it just wasn't time. If Michael knew anything about "message" it was timing. Michael was patient. It's Ok to arrive later; you're still at the party.

If you saw the movie "This Is It," you will recall Michael at the end of rehearsal standing with everyone holding hands and saying "This is a great adventure. We have an important message for the world. We need to put some love back into the world."

Certainly Michael's concerts would have done that but not on so grand a scale. People who were not Michael Jackson fans before are now listening to his music, are looking at his contribution to the world. They are teaching their children who have not known before, about Michael's work. This would not have occurred had Michael lived. You will also remember when he flicked his fingers into and at the assembled "This Is It" cast and crew, and began talking about the "energy" and saying it's all for love-- L-O-V-E, love."

"Energy" is a very real thing. The vibe of "Love" is very real and Michael Jackson knew how to encapsulate it in his work. We understand that everything is energy-- from a single atom and its parts, to the entire Universe. All is made up of energy, of atoms spinning and oscillating. The Universe literally oscillates creating a sound; it "sings."

Music and sound is all about frequency and resonance and creation. Everything moves, is shivering, it oscillates. Everything vibrates at a particular speed or frequency. That frequency is its "signature" frequency. It is the signature vibration (vibe) and it carries an energy "quality." That energy is "read" by those it encounters. It is invisible and indiscernable with ordinary science or by ordinary means but it is very real.

Don't believe it? Ok, walk into a room where someone has just had a violent fight. What do you feel? What does your body want to do? What does your breath do? How about entering a chapel, sacristy, Mosque or Temple? Feel that? Do places and spaces have a feel? An energy? A vibe? Have you ever visited Auschwitz? Egypt? What did you feel? Or what would you expect to feel there? What of holy places? Do holy places have a signature energy? Can you detect a loftier feel or frequency to a place that holds great beauty?

Do you love some places and yet are repelled by others? Do you linger somewhere to soak up the feel of that place? Do you avoid other places? Or bolt from them for reasons you do not understand? Do you even notice how your body feels? How you feel?

Michael and Michael's music has a vibe. You are craving it or revisiting it because it holds a particular frequency. It finds and amplifies a resonant frequency in you. It is yet another message to the world from Michael. Do you feel it? Do you hear it? What does it do to you? Soften you? Energize you? Make you want to cry? Break into song? Soothe your soul? Tame the beast? Make the day bearable? Make your soul soar?

It's happening. It's real. Yes, it is being felt everywhere and people everywhere are getting a message. Many are resonating. Michael is putting some love back into the world. There is a reason you are here now playing Michael, reading Michael, dreaming Michael, humming Michael, loving Michael.

And he loves you more.

Blessings and Peace,
Rev. B
"One Wordsmith" at Inner Michael
http://www.innermichael.com/

Thank you for sharing both the video and your beautiful poem with us - love the poem specially!

Behind the Scenes of Bad

"Bad" is a song by American songwriter and recording artist Michael Jackson. "Bad" was released by Epic Records in September 1987, as the second single from Jackson's seventh studio album of the same name. The song was written, composed, and co-produced by Jackson, and produced by Quincy Jones. Jackson stated that the song was influenced by a real life story he'd read about.

"Bad" was generally well received by contemporary music critics, with some critics noting that "Bad" helped Jackson's image become edgier during the Bad-era. The song peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and remained at the top position of the chart for two weeks, becoming Jackson's Bad album's second number one single, and Jackson's seventh number one entry on the chart. Internationally, the song was also commercially successful, charting within the top ten in eleven countries as well as charting within the top five in the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Norwegian, Switzerland and Swedish charts. The song peaked at number one on the Netherlands and European charts.

In Jackson's 1988 autobiography Moonwalk, Jackson discussed the concept of "Bad", elaborating that,

"'Bad' is a song about the street. It's about this kid from a bad neighborhood who gets to go away to a private school. He comes back to the old neighborhood when he's on a break from school and the kids from the neighborhood start giving him trouble. He sings, 'I'm bad, you're bad, who's bad, who's the best?' He's saying when you're strong and good, then you're bad."

In a 1988 interview with Ebony and Jet magazines (which was released on Hulu shortly after his death), Jackson said that he had gotten the idea for the song from a true story that he had read about in Time or Newsweek magazine.[3] Jackson stated that the story said that a student that went to school in upstate New York, who was "from the ghetto", had tried to make something of his life and planned to leave all of his friends behind when he returned from Thanksgiving break. He added that the student's friends' jealousy resulted in them killing the student; Jackson stated that the student's death was not included in the music video.

Michael+Jackson+Bad+Behind+The+Scene_4.jpg

Michael+Jackson+Bad+Behind+The+Scene_3.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566548-1200-938.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7564928-877-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7564923-799-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7564920-884-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7564917-811-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7564914-1080-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566082-497-707.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566083-800-889.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566088-738-800.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566122-400-291.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566538-968-1200.jpg

Bad-MJ-Behind-The-Scenes-michael-jackson-7566542-1200-968.jpg

Behind the Scenes : Bad

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_(Michael_Jackson_song)

Freddie Mercury & Michael Jackson

tumblr_lha6p6Q32k1qcdx8mo1_500.jpg

&#8220;Michael [Jackson] and I grew apart a bit after his massive succes with Thriller. He simply retreated into a world of his own. We used to have great fun going to clubs together but now he won&#8217;t come out of his fortress and it&#8217;s very sad. (&#8230;) He is the biggest thing ever in terms of sales, and that brings a very different kind of pressure because he has been singled out as the best. That&#8217;s hard for even me to relate to. I think he&#8217;s an enigma, and that makes him a God-given gift to the media becuase they can write anything about him becuase it all fits. He&#8217;s very shy and all I can say is that at the time when I knew him he was a very nice and sweet guy, and very talented!!&#8221; - Freddie Mercury

tumblr_li9girol5p1qcdx8mo1_500.jpg

&#8221;I asked him [Michael Jackson] about his friendship with children, and he said to me that they were the only people he trusted. He told me that his best friends were Freddie Mercury (of the rock band Queen), Diana Ross, Elizabeth Taylor and whoever this little kid was. They were the only people who didn&#8217;t want anything from him, and they loved him for himself.&#8221; - journalist Sylvia Simmons

tumblr_lcgd5tjUh01qcdx8mo1_500.jpg

&#8220;I&#8217;d like to release something with Michael [Jackson] because he is a really marvellous person to work with. He has been a friend of ours for a long while. He used to come and see our shows all the time, and that is how the friendship grew. We were always intersted in each other&#8217;s styles. I would regularly play him the new Queen album when it was cut and he would play me his stuff. We kept saying, &#8220;Why don&#8217;t we do something together?&#8221;

- Freddie Mercury on Michael Jackson

tumblr_l7ktjfDoR81qcdx8mo1_500.jpg

(&#8230;) Michael is politely trying to sidestep an inquiring young woman decked out with the latest video equipment. She blocks the corridor leading to the warren of dressing rooms beneath the L.A. Forum.

&#8220;Can I tell my viewers that Michael Jackson is a Queen fan?&#8221;

&#8220;I&#8217;m a Freddie Mercury fan,&#8221; he says, slipping past her into a long room crowded with Queen band members, wives, roadies and friends. A burly man with the look of a linebacker is putting lead singer Freddie Mercury through a set of stretching exercises that will propel his road-weary muscles through the final show of the group&#8217;s recent U.S. tour. The band is merry. Michael is shy, standing quietly at the door until Freddie spots him and leaps up to gather him in a hug.

Freddie invited Michael. He has been calling all week, mainly about the possibility of their working together. They&#8217;ve decided to try it on the Jacksons&#8217; upcoming album. Though they are hardly alike &#8212; Freddie celebrated a recent birthday by hanging naked from a chandelier &#8212; the two have been friendly since Michael listened to the material Queen had recorded for The Game and insisted that the single had to be &#8220;Another One-Cites the Dust.&#8221;

&#8220;Now, he listens to me, right Freddie?&#8221;

&#8220;Righto, little brother.&#8221;

(&#8230;)

Mercury and company have already begun moving down the narrow hall, and before anyone can catch him. Michael is drawn into their wake, riding on the low roar of the crowd outside, leaping up to catch a glimpse of Freddie, who is raising a fist and about to take the stairs to the stage.

&#8220;Ooooh, Freddie is pumped,&#8221; says Michael. &#8220;I envy him now. You don&#8217;t know how much.&#8221;

The last of the band makes the stairs, and the black stage curtain closes. Michael turns and lets himself be led into the darkness of the arena.

By Gerri Hershey | Rolling Stone | From Issue 389 &#8212; February 17, 1983

All from http://livingonmyown.tumblr.com/

this is a mega-beautiful thread that i'd have to go back to when i have more time to read and click on links. but for now, i'd like to contribute this related article by Darlene Donloe, entitled The Michael Jackson I Knew. my search said it's not yet here...

thank you to MJJLaugh for starting the thread. it could go on forever as there are a million and one nice things to say about Michael.

http://www.lawattstimes.com/compone...-featured/865-the-michael-jackson-i-knew.html

July 2, 2009

BY DARLENE DONLOE

CONTRIBUTING WRITER

Editor&#8217;s note: L.A. Watts Times writer Darlene Donloe met and worked with Michael Jackson in 1996. She shares her experience with readers.

I have never written about the brief relationship I had with Michael Jackson.

But, upon learning of his untimely death last week, I felt compelled to offer a different perspective on the Jackson I knew.

I don&#8217;t need to tell you he was a genius. I don&#8217;t need to tell you the impact he had on the music industry or that he was loved throughout the world.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have nothing bad to say about Jackson. In fact, it&#8217;s just the opposite. He gave me some of the most unforgettable moments of my life. And, for that, I will be forever grateful.

It was the summer of 1996 when my friend, Bob Jones (now deceased), who happened to be Jackson&#8217;s publicist at Motown and then later with MJJ Productions, called me and asked what I was doing for the next six months.

He said: &#8220;How would you like to go out on tour with Michael? He needs a tour publicist.&#8221;

I held the phone in disbelief as Bob continued his spiel. What did he expect me to say? &#8220;Well, Bob, I&#8217;ll have to look at my schedule. Let me get back to you.&#8221; Why would I want to fly around first class on a private plane for a Michael Jackson tour, visit exotic places, meet officials, eat great food and stay in five star hotels? I said yes. Duh!

About three weeks later, I was on a plane that landed in Prague, Czech Republic, the first stop on MJ&#8217;s worldwide HIStory Tour.

It was a week into the tour before I officially met Jackson. Although I had accompanied him on many of his outings, no one had bothered to formally introduce us.

His handlers had warned me not to speak to the King of Pop unless he first spoke to me. Were they kidding? I played along &#8212; for about a week.

I decided the next time I accompanied him to either a hospital, orphanage or record store, I would make my ninja move. I figured the worse that could happen would be that I would get sent home.

As he perused the compact discs in the R&B section of a local record store, I started to walk toward him. The handlers were aghast. It was as if the air had quickly been sucked out of the room. Undeterred, I walked up to him and said, &#8220;Mr. Jackson, I&#8217;m Darlene. I&#8217;m your publicist on the tour.&#8221;

He turned and looked me straight in the eyes. &#8220;Oh, OK,&#8221; he said. &#8220;Are you going to do the whole tour?&#8221;

&#8220;Yes,&#8221; I replied. &#8220;Unless you know something I don&#8217;t.&#8221;

&#8220;OK,&#8221; he laughed and returned to looking through the CDs.

&#8220;Well,&#8221; I thought, &#8220;that was uneventful.&#8221; However, secretly, it was completely fulfilling.

I found out later he knew exactly who I was because he had asked, &#8220;who is the black girl?&#8221; Of course, as time went on he became more comfortable with my close proximity to him.

When fans asked the King of Pop whether they could get an autograph or take a picture with him, he&#8217;d occasionally say, &#8220;If it&#8217;s OK with her,&#8221; pointing to me.

It was always OK with me. Who was I to break a fan&#8217;s heart?

When news broke about MJ&#8217;s passing, all of the memories of the tour came flooding back. There was the night he married Debbie Rowe and I got no sleep for two days, due to endless media calls. I stuck to the party-line answer: &#8220;I have no comment on Mr. Jackson&#8217;s personal life.&#8221;

Being a part of Jackson&#8217;s entourage was fascinating and eye-opening. I got to see the inner workings of a superstar&#8217;s multifaceted, precision-like machine. I was always on call and had to be ready to accompany MJ at a moment&#8217;s notice &#8212; or I&#8217;d be left behind. That wouldn&#8217;t sit well.

It became clear, early on, that while he was sometimes soft-spoken, he was strong-willed and very direct when he wanted to make a point or have something done.

On concert nights, I&#8217;d watch as MJ walked from his car to a spot underneath the stage where a platform would eventually elevate him into position to make a powerful entrance.

The favorite part of my job was standing in the wings night after night, watching him hit every mark with precision and thinking how blessed I was to observe a master craftsman at work.

Because he had such a commanding presence, I think people forgot he was a man. He&#8217;s been elevated to superstar status for so long, it&#8217;s hard for some to look at him as a human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time.

I saw him in those pensive, quiet moments before going on stage. I witnessed him, sans television cameras, sitting, comforting and talking to a child in a hospital who was fighting a serious disease. This is the guy who, on Thanksgiving in Australia, thought it was important enough to come share a meal and celebrate with his staff and crew.

When it comes to Jackson, I can only speak my own truth. The Jackson I came to know was friendly and respectful to me. And, on those occasions when I caught his eye, he would give me that shy, childlike smile.

The following quote from Shakespeare&#8217;s &#8220;Romeo and Juliet&#8221; was read recently at a friend&#8217;s memorial. I think it&#8217;s more than appropriate for Jackson.

&#8220;And, when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of Heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.&#8221;

In gratitude, I say thank you, Michael Jackson. Thanks for the magic, the music and enough memories to hold me a lifetime. &#8212; Darlene (the black girl)

4veryoung;3307040 said:
Freddie Mercury & Michael Jackson

tumblr_lha6p6Q32k1qcdx8mo1_500.jpg

&#8220;Michael [Jackson] and I grew apart a bit after his massive succes with Thriller. He simply retreated into a world of his own. We used to have great fun going to clubs together but now he won&#8217;t come out of his fortress and it&#8217;s very sad. (&#8230;) He is the biggest thing ever in terms of sales, and that brings a very different kind of pressure because he has been singled out as the best. That&#8217;s hard for even me to relate to. I think he&#8217;s an enigma, and that makes him a God-given gift to the media becuase they can write anything about him becuase it all fits. He&#8217;s very shy and all I can say is that at the time when I knew him he was a very nice and sweet guy, and very talented!!&#8221; - Freddie Mercury

:heart:

I love Freddie too. :wub:

Michael and Elizabeth Taylor - Looking back

mj_elizabeth_85-600x400-600x400.jpg

Dame Elizabeth died today of heart failure, or was it of a broken heart after Michael passed away ? Their friendship was extraordinary and spanned decades. Let's look back at the years of their friendship:

Elizabeth wrote the introduction to his book with essays and poems "Dancing the Dream"

"When I hear the name Michael Jackson, I think of brilliance, of dazzling stars, lasers and deep emotions. I adore Michael Jackson. I think he is one of the world's biggest and greatest stars, and it just so happens that he's one of the most gifted music makers the world has ever known.
What makes Michael more unique may be the fact that all of his accomplishments, his rewards, have not altered his sensitivity and concern for the welfare of others, or his intense caring and love for his family and friends, and especially all the children the world over.
I think Michael is the litmus paper. He is always trying to learn. He is so intelligent that he is alarmingly bright. He is also very curious and wants to draw from people who have surveved.
People who have lasted. He's not really of this planet.
He is filled with deep emotions that create an unearthly, special, innocent, childlike, wise man that is Michael Jackson. I think Michael appeals to the child in all of us, and I think he has the quality of innocence that we would all like to obtain or to have kept.
He has one of the sharpest wits, he's intelligent and he's cunning - that is a strange word to use about him, because it implies deviousness and he is one o the least deviuos people I have ever met in my life - he is honesty personified - painfully honest - and vulnerable to the point of pain.
He is so giving of himself that, at times, he leaves very little to protect the beautiful inner core that is the essence of him. That is the thing that I love so much about him and that makes the world identify with him in the way it does.
Michael Jackson is, indeed, an international favourite for all ages, an incredible force of incredible energy. In the art of music, he is a pacesetter for quality of production, in the vanguard for high standards of entertainment. What is a genius? what is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson, that's all.
And just when you think you know him, he gives you more. . .
I think he is one of the finest people to this planet, and, in my estimation, he's the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul."

Michael_Jackson_History_Album_with_Elizabeth_Taylor.jpg

I want to clarify that Michael never proclaimed himself to be the King of Pop, Elizabeth did this during the 1989 Heritage Awards show, and there will always be only one true King of Pop!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s92BVuQbuyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It all began two decades ago, following a Taylor walk-out from Jackson’s concert in Los Angeles Dodgers Stadium in the 1980s. Learning of her abrupt exit, Jackson called Taylor almost in tears. She assured the singer, whom she famously dubbed “The King of Pop,” that she left due to bad visibility, not a poor performance.

That short phone call became a three-hour conversation, and the beginning of their relationship.

“Then we met, and spent more and more time with each other, and just became really good friends. Told each other everything,” Taylor said in a 2006 interview.

The two bonded over their pasts as troubled young stars, what Taylor called “horrible” childhoods they both felt Hollywood had stolen.

From then on, the two were a close pair, escalating into what some saw as a strange dual obsession. Birthday blow-outs, song dedications like “Elizabeth, I Love You,” and even marriage rumors abounded. At his Neverland ranch, Jackson built a shrine to his close friend, where her movies played 24/7.

They shared also nights at the ranch with his nephews – nights Taylor later defended in the child molestation claims against Jackson.

“There was nothing abnormal about it. There was no touchy-feely going on. We laughed like children, and we watched a lot of Walt Disney. There was nothing odd about it,” Taylor said.

Indeed taylor supported Jackson throughout that child molestation trial, always affirming his innocence. “I believe Michael is innocent and that he will be vindicated,” Taylor said in 2003.

Now, separation from Jackson has proven overwhelming for Taylor, who upon learning of his death, was “too devastated” to talk. Though she denied she was on suicide watch, Taylor confirmed her painful heartbreak over the loss.

“Oh God! I’m going to miss him. I can’t yet imagine life without him.”

article-1195645-0580624E000005DC-474_634x508.jpg

liz_taylor_michael_jackson.jpg

Liza+Minnelli+Michael+Jackson+Elizabeth+Taylor.bmp

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_Jan_1993_450.jpg

January 26, 1993: Singer Michael Jackson poses with his close friend actress Elizabeth Taylor after she presented him with the International Music award backstage during American Music Award ceremonies.

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_with_award_jan_1993_450.jpg

Jan 26, 1993: Michael Jackson accepting the International Artist Award, presented by Elizabeth taylor, at the Music Award ceremonies.

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_Feb_1997_450.jpg

February 24, 1997: Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor arriving for the taping of a television special in Hollywood honoring her life and career titled "Happy Birthday Elizabeth-A Celebration of Life."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ALbOIc-9XA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_Feb_1998_450.jpg

February 24, 1997: Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson arriving at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood for a birthday celebration for Taylor.

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_sept_2001_450.jpg

September 7, 2001: Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor arriving at a concert celebrating the 30 years of Jackson's career at Madison Square Garden.

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_March_2002_450.jpg

March 16 2002: Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor pose for photographers as they arrive for Liza Minnelli's wedding to David Gest.

0706091029_M_Michael_and_Liz_and_diana_March_2002_450.jpg

March 16 2002: Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, and Elizabeth Taylor posing together outside before Liza Minelli's wedding to David Gest.

Her words on June 26, 2009:

The Dame has spoken. Actress Elizabeth Taylor has issued a statement on the passing of her fellow legend and dear friend Michael Jackson.

“My heart … my mind … are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can’t imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together,” says the grief-stricken screen star. “I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it. It can’t be so. He will live in my heart forever but it’s not enough. My life feels so empty. I don’t think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I’ve ever known. Oh God! I’m going to miss him. I can’t yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God’s help … I’ll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, ‘To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.’ And, I will love HIM forever.”

LizTaylor0626.jpg

Thank you dear Elizabeth for being such a good and true friend to Michael for all these years and believing in him when the world wanted to believe the worst about Michael. But you knew him probably better than anyone as you told each other all your secrets. Please give Michael a big hug from all of us. God bless you Elizabeth! :heart:

Sources:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...lors-friendship-spanned-decades#ixzz1HROoyXMF

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...elizabeth-taylors-friendship-spanned-decades/

[size=+1]Through the Long Dark Nights[/size]
by Charlene Burgess

Before the earthquake and subsequent tsunami struck Japan a little over a week ago, I had plans for my next blog post and it was in the process of coming together. I had gathered bits and pieces of things I had already written on the subject, including a poem, and all I had to do was wrap my brain around how I was going to present it and start typing. Simple enough, right?

Then on March 11, news of the earthquake in Japan came to my attention, and as more and more information became known and more and more images were seen on the internet, I found myself to be suddenly mute. I was struggling to find words. I couldn't even make a simple comment in response to friends' posts on facebook or messages via email. I tried, but... nothing! I kept thinking about the children... and Michael - how absolutely heartsick he must be to see these beautiful children in a country he loved so very much dealing with such horrible devastation! This was weighing so heavily on my heart, that everything else seemed empty and pointless compared to the thought of these little ones living the darkest days of their lives.

I had a very strong feeling that Michael would be there, doing his Angel thing - whatever he could do to save some and comfort others. And while life carried on as usual all around me, I felt somewhat detached as if I was circling overhead, watching what was going on below, not quite sure where to land or where my presence would be the most help or to whom. I donated what I could financially to the relief efforts, and I just kept praying... for the children and their families... for the rescue workers... for Michael.

A week later, I knew I wasn't going to write what I had originally intended to write, but I needed to write or do something... anything... to recognize what was going on over there. I couldn't sit here in my comfortable home with my comfortable life and act as if it wasn't happening! I could feel their pain, their fear, their sorrow and their confusion. I finally broke down and shared with a friend how I was feeling... then the words started to come.

For the children of Japan... and for Michael...

untitled1.bmp

Oh children, my children
Have no fear
I hear your cries
I feel your pain
And I am here

Oh children, my children
My heart weeps with you
Through your deepest despair
I will be there
Take my hand
I will lead you to safety
Don’t give up the fight
I will hold you and comfort you
Through the long dark nights

japan-earthquake-tsunami-nuclear-unforgettable-pictures-photo-album_33284_600x450.jpg

How do you tell a child
"Do not fear"
When their world is shattered
into a million pieces
When mud floods their playground
And splinters are all that remain
of their home, their space
Where loved ones once dwelt
In their warm and safe place

How do you tell a child
"Don’t despair"
When they don’t even know
if their mommy or daddy
can be found anywhere
If their brother or sister
are buried in the mud
When time stands still
and they wonder,
Is this God’s will?

japan-earthquake-tsunami-nuclear-unforgettable-pictures-crying_33278_600x450.jpg

How do you tell a child
"It’s going to be alright"
When their world has fallen down
all around them
When destruction and mayhem
are all they can see for miles and miles
Day after day
And night after night

How do you tell a child
"Go to sleep now
Try not to worry
God loves you, you know"