Post-Invincible Songs?

Wow, you guys know so much, I'm impressed :) Thx for answering my questions btw

"I Am a Loser" leaked sometime in 2013, and I believe "Gloucestershire" dropped in summer 2014. I may be mistaken though!

"Gloucestershire" is my personal favorite simply because it breathes a spring/summertime vibe that's just irresistible. Shame it wasn't finished. "Best of Joy" is also quite gorgeous primarily because I'm shocked Michael's voice still sounds so youthful and vibrant at age 50.

Really!? I first thought it was from Invincible era. Just shows now with all these demos, re-records, acapella /multitracks etc how Michael's voice really didn't change that much at all...!!!!

Absolutely agree with you both. There has always been a special kind of vibrancy to Michael's voice which he maintained throughout his career.

When about the song One More Chance? Was that primarily written and recorded for the Number Ones album or was it from the Invincible sessions?

Much Too Soon was from History sessions? Wow. I'd always presumed Off The Wall/Thriller. He sounds so young.

It was first written and recorded in 1981 and was redone multiple times over the years. The one we got was from 1994.

That was my exact impression when I first heard it. His voice was so youthful. The same goes for "Best of Joy" -- for the longest time I was convinced that was done in the late '80s, not in 2008.

God, what a voice. Still can't get over it.

When about the song One More Chance? Was that primarily written and recorded for the Number Ones album or was it from the Invincible sessions?

"One More Chance" was one of the five songs R. Kelly submitted for Invincible around 1999. I believe it was recorded around that time and set aside for future use.

I always enjoy reading threads like this. Lots of info I didn't know or had previously forgot to be had.

He says she's only 12 years old in both. A different vocal take, yes, but he's saying the same thing.

Hahaha I do think like LouGrizli.. Listen carefuly with headphones and tell me where you hear "only" in the remixed version :p

Hahaha I do think like LouGrizli.. Listen carefuly with headphones and tell me where you hear "only" in the remixed version :p

He says "that's only 12 years old" in one and "she's only 12 years old" in the other.

Are these all really the post Invincible tracks we've heard?

- "All in Your Name," recorded in December 2002
- "I Am a Loser," recorded in January 2003
- "Gloucestershire," recorded in early 2004
- "Hold My Hand," recorded around November 2007
- "Best of Joy," recorded in October 2008

I am too busy at work to really give it thought but... all slower songs!! No upbeat new stuff we've heard aside from re-worked stuff like Hollywood tonight we know he was revisiting.

Are these all really the post Invincible tracks we've heard?

- "All in Your Name," recorded in December 2002
- "I Am a Loser," recorded in January 2003
- "Gloucestershire," recorded in early 2004
- "Hold My Hand," recorded around November 2007
- "Best of Joy," recorded in October 2008

I am too busy at work to really give it thought but... all slower songs!! No upbeat new stuff we've heard aside from re-worked stuff like Hollywood tonight we know he was revisiting.

Some time ago it was said that the vast majority of releasable songs in the vault from post-2002 were ballads!

Very, very interested in hearing the RedOne material. There's no way those songs aren't primed for the dance floor.

Some time ago it was said that the vast majority of releasable songs in the vault from post-2002 were ballads!

Very, very interested in hearing the RedOne material. There's no way those songs aren't primed for the dance floor.

I have a feeling those are nowhere near complete. I know RedOne did say a few were but I still have this feeling that they're not.

I'm hoping there's some faster tracks that MJ recorded before his passing that we haven't heard yet. I know that sounds like a bit of a random want lol. Although AlwaysThere has said it's mostly ballads, I'm sure there's some danceable ones left, however incomplete.

Hollywood Tonight demo? 2008 vocals or from the Invincible sessions? As in the demo Michael sounds a bit like he does in WBSS-2008?

Hollywood Tonight demo? 2008 vocals or from the Invincible sessions? As in the demo Michael sounds a bit like he does in WBSS-2008?

Didn't you already ask this? It's a mix Probably, if he did indeed re record some vocals. This is just me speculating though. None of us really know.

I remember music from that Hollywood clip with MJ and WIll I Am in Ireland and it sounded good. IF that was MJ's music

Mike definitely worked on some more upbeat music after Invincible... The words from Will.i.am for the work they did was 'feel good' music "Off The Wall for today's generation", that to me tells me probably up tempo.. Also the people he worked with ie. redone, Neff-U and some others tend to have some up tempo music so... One could only assume..

I wonder If Mikes age and place in life had much to do with more ballad-esk music...

"I Am a Loser" leaked sometime in 2013, and I believe "Gloucestershire" dropped in summer 2014. I may be mistaken though!

"Gloucestershire" is my personal favorite simply because it breathes a spring/summertime vibe that's just irresistible. Shame it wasn't finished. "Best of Joy" is also quite gorgeous primarily because I'm shocked Michael's voice still sounds so youthful and vibrant at age 50.

This a million times! Gloucestershire and best of joy are my favorite tracks post 2000

Back