Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

The Prince estate has not only played a bunch of unreleased songs durìng the Prince celebration but ...

Yep, I saw that. And what was it you all got? Oh yeah, that's right ...

008629-011999999-2d090-ins-pro01-fal.png

Songs have leaked now. According to attendees both songs will be available officially on streaming services tomorrow.

Love that song, had that been on 1999 Super Deluxe with Lust U always, it would have been a perfect album.
MJ Estate - why can't you do this type of thing? Thriller super deluxe with 20 or more unreeleased songs.

What happened to prince.org - is the forum down? Can't access the it anymore.
It imploded in Nov/Dec 22 when several moderators who pushing Q Anon theories and questions along with banning long standing members for no reason saw the site nearly shut down permanently. The owner had been absent and neglecting it. Also their Politics and Religion section got shut down after numerous flame wars and thread jacks. Despite celebrating a Black Musician, the site was hijacked by racists who were posting, pro Trump and ultra right wing threads and isolating the gay and Black members of the thread.

It was also being hacked a lot and there were warnings of suspicious connections and adware everytime someone went there. It is a shell of itself now. A moderator called Old Friends for sale along with Militant were going crazy which angered a lot of people.

We have a better and much kinder Prince fan org called Purple and Black, which is desparate for more great members, many of us org exilarchs are there. Warning, there is some MJ bashing and Prince stans who still think MJ was guilty. - https://purpleandblack.org/index.php

"I never meant to cause you any sorrow,
I never meant to cause you any pain..."

True stories of what Prince's epic ballad means to different people around the world, from the very first jam in 1983 to the global hit that reigns over us today.

Bobby Z, the drummer from Prince and The Revolution, remembers the buzz of the first ever performance of Purple Rain, and how the recording from that night lives on. Susan Rogers, Prince's recording engineer, tells stories from the Purple Rain tour, when the crew took bets on how long Prince's guitar solos would last. Comedian Sindhu Vee first heard the song as a teenager growing up in India and was knocked sideways by it. Weather reporter Judith Ralston describes the beautiful and rare weather phenomenon of purple rain. Social historian Zaheer Ali sees the song as a cry out for change, bringing audiences from different backgrounds together in cross-genre harmony. And finally, an intensive care hospital nurse played Purple Rain to Kevin Clarke while he was in a coma, because his sister knew he loved the song and hoped it might pull him through.

It imploded in Nov/Dec 22 when several moderators who pushing Q Anon theories and questions along with banning long standing members for no reason saw the site nearly shut down permanently. The owner had been absent and neglecting it. Also their Politics and Religion section got shut down after numerous flame wars and thread jacks. Despite celebrating a Black Musician, the site was hijacked by racists who were posting, pro Trump and ultra right wing threads and isolating the gay and Black members of the thread.

It was also being hacked a lot and there were warnings of suspicious connections and adware everytime someone went there. It is a shell of itself now. A moderator called Old Friends for sale along with Militant were going crazy which angered a lot of people.

We have a better and much kinder Prince fan org called Purple and Black, which is desparate for more great members, many of us org exilarchs are there. Warning, there is some MJ bashing and Prince stans who still think MJ was guilty. - https://purpleandblack.org/index.php
End of an era sadly. Without Prince.org there really isn't a Prince forum. But they've always been like that.

@wendijane: check this out
You know what i'm actually starting to check his work out. Problem is fuzz i tend to find him very horny all the time. I mean i know JUO becuase i know it & that is my stereotype/assumption of him . but i will..maybe check this track out . i might have to read the lyrics first as it could be a bit too much. But then again , with his work , as i am starting 2 see. it may not be about a papa at all. In fact i don't know what to expect..

Edit- that album [cover art , is the best i have seen from him. that is the best album cover i have ever seen from Prince. Genuinely shocked there]

Back