Prince - Billie Jean Michael Jackson Tribute

Another story i've heard many times was Prince had com over a couple times to Hayvenhurst to have dinner but he kept flirting with La Toya and Michael was getting pissed. ( lol)
Quincy Jones once mentioned in an interview about one of these meetings at Hayvnhurst and said that Prince gave Mike some kind of gift, but Quincy didn't say what it was.

Since i never see these storys on MJ board just the Prince boards here's a story from engineer Susan Rogers on when Michael visited Prince in the sound editing stage of his film "under the cherry moon"

"while working at the samuel goldwyn soundstage, Prince received a visit from Michael Jackson. whole he promptly challenged to a game of table tennis using a table that he had set up in the middle of the soundstage room. Michael said "i dont know how to play ping pong!" Rogers remembers. "But Prince took one pad and gave Michael the other and they started very politely volleying the ball back and forth. Suddenly Prince said. "C'mon on Michael, get into it."and he slammed the ball into Michael's crotch. I was rolling my eyes "Oh God he's embarrassing himself" But Michael knows how to handle himself and he didn't seem to care. Then Michael started flirting with Sherilyn Fenn who was visiting Prince in the studio. Prince was pacing, but he wasn't going to get into a the game of flirting back. They said hasty goodbyes"

Another story i've heard many times was Prince had com over a couple times to Hayvenhurst to have dinner but he kept flirting with La Toya and Michael was getting pissed. ( lol)

So it sounds like they hung out in the 80s. Perhaps they were really friends on the down low since there was speculation that they were musical rivals and I guess that was more exciting. I mean, what was the reason for Michael to visit Prince at the studio if they weren't working professionally together? And Prince coming to Hayvenhurst for dinners and stuff. I think I remember reading somewhere that Prince had flirted with LaToya. . . LOL!

Last edited:
'PRINCE CAUSED RELIGIOUS PROBLEMS FOR TEENAGE JACKSON'

JANET JACKSON had to switch seats when she first saw PRINCE live - because she couldn't bear to watch the sexy star perform while sitting next to her God-fearing mother.

The Nasty singer was just a teenager when she begged her mother Katherine - a devout Jehovah's Witness, for tickets to see her hero. Mum agreed her daughter could go to the show, but insisted on chaperoning her. Jackson tells Parade.com, "Being a Jehovah's Witness, you grow up in a very religious world. But, as a kid, I loved Prince and The Time - one of my favourite groups.

"I would listen to them all the time, even though you're not supposed to do that. When I was 16, I was promoting my first album and I went with Mother to see The Time's concert with Prince. "I did not want to sit next to Mother because I knew they were dirty. I was trying to be cool and calm, but oh my God, I was sweating bullets: `She's going to think, Good Lord, what is my baby into? She really needs more of God in her life! Where did I go wrong?'

I could just hear Mother blaming herself for everything! "Luckily, I got someone else to swap seats with me so I was able to enjoy the show." Ironically, Prince was the leading chart rival of Janet's brother Michael throughout the 1980s and 1990s.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...eligious problems for teenage jackson_1058985

I just read this article and it's quite hilarious. But I totally believe that it was most likely made up by the tabloids. . . it just sounds so preposterous!

While I believe Prince would love to date or have a one night stand with Janet, I also thought that the article was hilarious. Too many lies. Too many funny lies. But the message stays: Prince had, at some point, a crush on Janet. They worked with the same people so I'm sure they have already met each other.

'PRINCE CAUSED RELIGIOUS PROBLEMS FOR TEENAGE JACKSON'

JANET JACKSON had to switch seats when she first saw PRINCE live - because she couldn't bear to watch the sexy star perform while sitting next to her God-fearing mother.

The Nasty singer was just a teenager when she begged her mother Katherine - a devout Jehovah's Witness, for tickets to see her hero. Mum agreed her daughter could go to the show, but insisted on chaperoning her. Jackson tells Parade.com, "Being a Jehovah's Witness, you grow up in a very religious world. But, as a kid, I loved Prince and The Time - one of my favourite groups.

"I would listen to them all the time, even though you're not supposed to do that. When I was 16, I was promoting my first album and I went with Mother to see The Time's concert with Prince. "I did not want to sit next to Mother because I knew they were dirty. I was trying to be cool and calm, but oh my God, I was sweating bullets: `She's going to think, Good Lord, what is my baby into? She really needs more of God in her life! Where did I go wrong?'

I could just hear Mother blaming herself for everything! "Luckily, I got someone else to swap seats with me so I was able to enjoy the show." Ironically, Prince was the leading chart rival of Janet's brother Michael throughout the 1980s and 1990s.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...eligious problems for teenage jackson_1058985

Janet has worked with all the members of The Time except Morris Day. But there was a rumor in the late 80s that Janet was going to make a movie with The Time. "You Need Me", the b-side to "Miss You Much" was supposedly written for the movie, but nothing became of it. I think it was scheduling conflicts or that a suitable script hadn't been written. I always thought that "You Need Me" was about Papa Joe.

Back