Queen

I think it was their producer who said he called them North, South, West and East..for example Freddie loved opera and Brian loved heavy metall. No one in Queen was angry at Freddie when he wanted to do a soloalbum as claimed in the movie.Roger Taylor had done 2 soloalbums earlier.IF Roger and John had a reason to be angry at Freddie it was for the clothes they had to wear in this video.You can see how unhappy they looked, who can be a womanizer in these clothes?But it was the songwriter -Freddie in this case-who determined the content of the video. The song is from real life but the video was opera -inspired

"It's A Hard Life"

I don't want my freedom
There's no reason for living with a broken heart

This is a tricky situation
I've only got myself to blame
It's just a simple fact of life
It can happen to anyone

You win you lose
It's a chance you have to take with love
Oh yeah I fell in love
But now you say it's over and I'm falling apart

Yeah yeah it's a hard life
To be true lovers together
To love and live forever in each others hearts
It's a long hard fight
To learn to care for each other
To trust in one another right from the start
When you're in love

I try and mend the broken pieces
I try to fight back the tears
They say it's just a state of mind
But it happens to everyone

How it hurts (yeah) deep inside (oh yeah)
When your love has cut you down to size
Life is tough on your own
Now I'm waiting for something to fall from the skies
I'm waiting for love

Yes it's a hard life
Two lovers together
To love and live forever in each others hearts
It's a long hard fight
To learn to care for each other
To trust in one another right from the start
When you're in love

Yeah it's a hard life
In a world that's filled with sorrow
There are people searching for love in every way

It's a long hard fight
But I'll always live for tomorrow
I'll look back on myself and say I did it for love
Yes I did it for love for love oh I did it for love

Last edited:
MIST;4300285 said:
It´s a nice interview with Freddie Mercury.I post it here because he talks about his work with Michael Jackson from 14:40
[video=youtube;P17v8MZWEw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17v8MZWEw0&list=WL&index=41&t=899s[/video].
He also mentioned in another interview that he thought "We are the world" was a beautiful song
It´s a pity they never found a time to finish the song they started to work together but they were both busy and lived far away from each other.

I really want to hear Victory!

Themidwestcowboy;4308394 said:
I really want to hear Victory!
Freddies personal assistant Peter Freestone said this;
“The combination of the two of them, but just being there while they were feeding off each other. Each of them were just giving out everything they could to create something and to be present at that sort of thing is amazing,” he gushed.

“The same happened with David Bowie with Under Pressure for Queen. To be present when you have… it’s almost like electricity. Then you feel tension in the air and there’s that ozone smell. It’s almost like that.

Jeez it's mad seeing posts from me in this thread back in 2008, haha, time flies.

I read this was the last song Freddie wrote alone.He knew he was going to die and he saw the beauty of the world.The other members in Queen finished it after his death

Bijou was written by Freddie Mercury and Brian May.It was on the last Queen album when still Freddie was alive.
youtube;9P9e-y16qHE]

Freddie and his partner Jim Hutton watched a movie some weeks before Freddie´s death.
The heroine in the movie asked her partner "Will we spend the rest of our lives together?
Freddie looked at Jim and asked the same thing.
Of course we will Jim said.Don´t be silly.
When Freddie told Jim he had aids and he understood if Jim wanted to leave Jim answered I love you Freddie I´m not leaving.
Jim was there until Freddie took his last breath.
Jim was hiv+ then and both Freddie and Jim expected he wouldn´t live long but the new medicine came and Jim´s life was saved.

Last edited:

I've always enjoyed this song, but I was surprised the first time I heard the original b-side version on the deluxe remaster from 2011. Brian May's guitar, that 80's sound... I just love this version. I think it should have been on The Miracle.

Making of One vision
youtube;ywATOmlX6n4]
[

Roger Taylor was the drummer and Freddie told him how to do it..but what did he really say.. da da da da da da dshhh??Roger seemed confused 14.34

You can see Freddie's man Jim Hutton at 13.05, he went to visit Freddie in Germany and Freddie used to say he would just pop in to the studio for 5-6 minutes but it usually became 5-6 hours
He wrote this
"In the studio Freddie had a one-track mind-work, work work".
"Freddie's sense of drive amazed me."
"He had to keep on the go , it was part of his life blood."

" After hours working on the same track , the band developed a way of diffusing the tension of their work; they swapped the real lyrics for funnier send-up lines.Those off-the-record versions of Queen hits were often hysterically funny, and the whole studio would erupt in laughter"

btw Freddie and Jim first met in a gay club 1983,Freddie asked Jim if he could by him a drink, Jim said no, he had a boyfriend.
Jim didn´t know who Freddie was.
Jim and his boyfriend split up and in 1985 when Jim went to a gay club and ordered something to drink he heard a voice behind him "let me pay for this".
It was Freddie
No. I´ll buy you one Jim said.
They didn´t know then they would stay together for over 6 years until death separated them.

[video=youtube;lgwfMF5kSJ0]

Last edited:
For me the song is about how beautiful it was before the humans came and how the fairy king tried to protect nature from humans.This song was inspired by the Robert Browning poem "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" .We can read "mother Mercury"in the lyrics and Freddie said something about mother Mercury was his mother and he changed his name to Mercury. He changed it when he had written the song , some years before they released their debut album. btw the falsetto in the beginning was Roger Taylor

Last edited:
youtube;r_rNEO-41O8]

Last edited:
youtube;4V4968VfCkw]
[

Last edited:
What some people might not know about Brian May is that (1) he built his own guitar, and (2) a few years ago he got a PhD in astrophysics...

For me the song is about how beautiful it was before the humans came and how the fairy king tried to protect nature from humans.This song was inspired by the Robert Browning poem ‘The Pied Piper of Hamelin’ .We can read "mother Mercury"in the lyrics and Freddie said something about mother Mercury was his mother and he changed his name to Mercury. He changed it when he had written the song , some years before they released their debut album. btw the falsetto in the beginning was Roger Taylor
[video=youtube;VeVjEg4znQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeVjEg4znQk[/video]

I love this song so much. In fact, I love Queen's first album. A lot of people say that Queen's first album is their worst, but I think it's one of their best. I love the themes they explore in their first two albums.

1971-2021 it was 50 years since Queen started.Brian May talks about in the video and mentions in Freddie´s earlier lyrics there are fantasies.
More Brian Mays reflections
"we knew we finally had the right people in the band"

”Seven seas of Rhye” was Freddie’s and his sister Kashimira’s imaginary place.I think the Fairy king lived in that place.
youtube;FxIo57WURRE]
[

Last edited:
Happy birthday Freddie 75 year today

The Easter bonnet parade was last Easter, I think it was inspired by the mad hat party when Freddie celebrated 40 years.You can see a picture from it at 0:24 and you can see Roger 0:34
youtube;cpg0bz6sORA]
[

youtube;Y7dUJZlVyvQ]

This is from Freddie´s soloalbum
youtube;1CsMPe6PUdY]
[
"Jim and Freddie (Mercury) were close for many years, of course, and in modern parlance would have been called civil partners".Brian May.

Last edited:
Freddie joked that the kids were so good so they could send them on tour instead of the real band.

"The one thing we're all waiting for, is peace on earth and an end to war,
It's a miracle we need, the miracle, the miracle,
Peace on earth and end to war today,"
We are still waiting....

"Mother nature does it all for us"
And how do we treat Mother Earth?

"That time will come one day you'll see when we can all be friends"🌈☀️

Last edited:
"Brian May’s Save Me Trust Calls for action at UN Climate Change Conference with video Who Wants To Live Forever
A global film collaboration from universities and colleges from around the world showing the state of our planet.
Conceived and directed by Matteo Valenti, Video maker and Screenwriter for the Save Me Trust"
This incredible video created by students from all five continents shows the devastation our precious planet faces.
On a 24 hour clock humans arrived here at just two seconds to midnight yet we have unleashed immense damage and destruction on the natural world. Advancing our needs has pushed mother nature to the brink. Species reaching extinction at a thousand times faster than at any other time in our history.

I think this is wise words from Brian about the world today

Back