Quincy Jones or Teddy Riley

Which producer do think MJ would the best with?

• Quincy Jones

Votes: 111 64.5%
  • Teddy Riley

Votes: 61 35.5%

• Total voters
Although I think Teddy's work on Dangerous was very nice, there's absolutely no comparison imo - Quincy was much more important for Michael's career. Though I think Quincy's importance is sometimes greatly overestimated, he was the producer who helped Michael find and bring out his own sound and was his producer on 3 of his biggest albums. Teddy helped Michael find a new sound and was important on Dangerous, but was never as involved as Quincy.

I think Quincy is much more talented than Teddy. I'm not a big fan of both guys' personalities with regards to MJ to be honest. Quincy has been annoying for many years (overstating his own influence, downplaying Michael's abilities, not supporting Michael during the allegations, etc), I thought Teddy was alright but he turned out to be something completely different last year.

Difficult to choose, but Quincy & Michael made history together but the teamwork between Teddy & Michael is more fresh, I mean an album like Dangerous still sounds very fresh, and that album is 20 years now.

Back