Quincy Jones or Teddy Riley

Which producer do think MJ would the best with?

• Quincy Jones

Votes: 111 64.5%
  • Teddy Riley

Votes: 61 35.5%

• Total voters
I for one was glad after the change. I don't see how Michael would have kept it up with Jones. I think it was good that Riley came in, he needed to grow, develop- and he did.

Judging by Rileys efforts on the latest album i'm regretting that post. But looking at Dangerous only he still has the win, although i downplayed Quincys importance a little.

Quincy, what he did with Michael was incredible! And that just shows via the record sales for Thriller and Bad alone. Just wow.

It's strange because my favourite album of Michael is Dangerous but I still voted for Quincy. If I look at what they have achieved without Michael Quincy seems to be a lot better. And I have to say I am pretty disappointed with Teddy's work on "Michael" as well. It seems like he needed Michael to give him instructions and to go through things again and again to produce quality stuff.

It's a tough choice to make between those two, however I chose Quincy because together they created the biggest selling album in music history, and I think that success really helped get Michael propelled into the stratosphere, as they often say. If there was no Quincy, I really wonder how Michael's career might have been different.

teddy riley, less old school, and i have some feeling that quincy was there in the beginning when his childhood should also be his childhood, i cant explain it better than that in english. do you understand what i mean?

Quincy set him on the path and gave him a solid foundation and Mike learned a lot from him. Riley was more of a transition to another style of music as Mike evolved and it was more of Riley learning from Mike.

Bad is my favourite album, so I choose Quincy Jones. But still he's just an underling of the King :p

Both Quincy and Teddy were absolutely brilliant for MJ at those respective stages of his career. I think MJ had very much 'grown out of' Quincy's team by the time of the Dangerous sessions and I don't think that you can deny that Teddy was the right choice for MJ by that time. But I really can't vote for one over the other.

i thought, this question must be a joke :) - quincy for his funk soul he brought mike....a DREAM producer for me would have been timbaland...

People need to remember Teddy only got on the Dangerous project several months before it was released, his input into the album was very little, Quincy worked with Michael from start to finish on some very special and "ahead of there time" releases.

People need to remember Teddy only got on the Dangerous project several months before it was released, his input into the album was very little, Quincy worked with Michael from start to finish on some very special and "ahead of there time" releases.

But on the Dangerous album it says that Teddy Riley co-wrote the songs he produced with Michael so even though Teddy came in late he seemed to add alot to the album. Unless of course he co-wrote very little or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM Teddy is one of those producers who gives himself a co-writing credit without actually contributing anything to the songwriting part of things!

But on the Dangerous album it says that Teddy Riley co-wrote the songs he produced with Michael so even though Teddy came in late he seemed to add alot to the album. Unless of course he co-wrote very little or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM Teddy is one of those producers who gives himself a co-writing credit without actually contributing anything to the songwriting part of things!

I think Michael was too generous on Co-songwriters, just look at we are the world, Lionel wrote 2 lines XD

Anyhow Teddy himself said he started working with MJ in 1991, which I think sounds crazy :yes:

I'd love to know what MJ and Teddy's co-writing process was like. My guess is that Teddy came up with some beats and then MJ added lyrics, melody and beats of his own. On the co-written songs on Dangerous, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor i think that the majority of it was coming from MJ with producers pitching in a few ideas here and there

Both Quincy and Teddy were absolutely brilliant for MJ at those respective stages of his career. I think MJ had very much 'grown out of' Quincy's team by the time of the Dangerous sessions and I don't think that you can deny that Teddy was the right choice for MJ by that time. But I really can't vote for one over the other.

I absolutely agree

foreverdaking said:
...a DREAM producer for me would have been timbaland...

yup.... should in my opinion have been the one for the invinceble follow-up had it happened

Both of them screwed Michael over once he passed away in the most despicable of manners. Very hard for me to say anything nice about either of them.

That's the tragedy for me. I used to be a huge Teddy Riley fan, I saw Guy perform back in 1991 - I was a big fan. But now? Now I can't even read his name without getting pissed

Yeah like Samhabib said .. Every time I see Teddys name now I wanna hurl. Quincy thanks.

They were two different producers and Michael Jackson was doing difference projects and at a different point in his career

Back