Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson’s estate over royalties

somewhereinthedark;4289587 said:
What do you mean “a joke” or had been “rewrite”? Let’s not forget that Quincy was producer and Michael was CO-PRODUCER.

???? i'm confuse can you explain it to me a simple matter?

somewhereinthedark;4289589 said:
I’m surprised no one has brought up the obvious fact that Quincy has acted like a jealous girl ever since Michael started distancing himself from him as a producer. It’s just not natural how Quincy started acting toward Michael when Michael turned to Teddy Riley for Dangerous. Bottomline is Quincy wanted to control Michael and there was no way in hell that MJ was going to allow that, thus Quincy becoming vindictive and lying in order to smear Michael.

Except form the producing factor, the exact same thing happened to an awful lot of people around MJ. :fear:

Quincy was already miffed when he learned that MJ had worked out songs for the Bad album with his “B-Team” at home. :D

I didn't know that. I always thought QJ was apart of bad. somebody is rewriting history from somewhere because I always thought QJ was apart of bad,thiller, and off the wall. if it's true that QJ was never apart of thoses why Michael hung around him in the first place? i'm confuse something don't make sense somewhere.

NatureCriminal7896;4289631 said:
I didn't know that. I always thought QJ was apart of bad. somebody is rewriting history from somewhere because I always thought QJ was apart of bad,thiller, and off the wall. if it's true that QJ was never apart of thoses why Michael hung around him in the first place? i'm confuse something don't make sense somewhere.

Well, the short version of the story is, MJ worked on the songs at home with his own team (the “B-Team”) long before Quincy was involved (Q was busy with other projects at the time.). Then when Quincy got on board to work on the album, he regarded MJ’s work as “demos” and they redid most of them with the “A-Team”. MJ wasn’t completely happy with the situation and would rather have had his team involved more in the actual recording.

Oh wow. so does this means Michael never liked his early solo albums as an adult? if so i feel history (no pun) was all a lie about this and need to be write with the real truth.

I always knew Michael had his own little team but I just thought it was just something he was doing just for awhile and got QJ. they hardly never talk about him having his own little team. yeah, someone need to write history back because it rewriting the story.

NatureCriminal7896;4289634 said:
Oh wow. so does this means Michael never liked his early solo albums as an adult?

No, it doesn’t mean that. It just didn’t initially go exactly the way he wanted, but he sure loved the result or it wouldn’t have seen the light of day. ;)

Except form the producing factor, the exact same thing happened to an awful lot of people around MJ. :fear:

I also noticed that, there is a pattern when MJ starts working with someone senior to him. The problems arise when Michael makes it clear that it's no longer, or never was, a mentor-protege relationship and the other party still feels entitled to control over some aspect of MJ's life or undeserved gratitude.

ScreenOrigami;4289635 said:
No, it doesn’t mean that. It just didn’t initially go exactly the way he wanted, but he sure loved the result or it wouldn’t have seen the light of day. ;)

if Michael really didn't like the results why didn't he get someone else or just stay with his team? not saying he didn't like them just you get what i'm saying

Quincy Jones has issues.

He has thrown Michael, The Beatles and U2 all under the bus in recent times

I’m surprised no one has brought up the obvious fact that Quincy has acted like a jealous girl ever since Michael started distancing himself from him as a producer. It’s just not natural how Quincy started acting toward Michael when Michael turned to Teddy Riley for Dangerous. Bottomline is Quincy wanted to control Michael and there was no way in hell that MJ was going to allow that, thus Quincy becoming vindictive and lying in order to smear Michael. Btw, I don’t care how talented Quincy is, that should not be a reason to try and smear a person after they are no longer here to defend themselves. I have ZERO respect for Quincy Jones, despite his talent. He #$&@% that up when he went out of his way to disparage Michael. Let’s not forget that there are things that Michael could have thrown Quincy under the bus for, yet he didn’t.

And only going hard once Michael passed on. The way he spoke about his dead colleague and friend in public is honestly despicable and frankly cowardly.

No good man would behave in such a shameful way.

ChrisC;4289685 said:
And only going hard once Michael passed on. The way he spoke about his dead colleague and friend in public is honestly despicable and frankly cowardly.

No good man would behave in such a shameful way.

Remember when he’s asked about Michael’s death and he stated he’s had enough of going to funerals, that’s just his lame @$$ excuse showing he doesn’t wanna talk about Michael, that face proves otherwise.

As a side note...

I've watched many award ceremonies over the years.
I've never seen another producer in attendance, shadowing the artist who made the record. Serious ego issues

I’m surprised no one has brought up the obvious fact that Quincy has acted like a jealous girl ever since Michael started distancing himself from him as a producer. It’s just not natural how Quincy started acting toward Michael when Michael turned to Teddy Riley for Dangerous. Bottomline is Quincy wanted to control Michael and there was no way in hell that MJ was going to allow that, thus Quincy becoming vindictive and lying in order to smear Michael. Btw, I don’t care how talented Quincy is, that should not be a reason to try and smear a person after they are no longer here to defend themselves. I have ZERO respect for Quincy Jones, despite his talent. He #$&@% that up when he went out of his way to disparage Michael. Let’s not forget that there are things that Michael could have thrown Quincy under the bus for, yet he didn’t.
This seem true. On BET with Donny Simpson, Donny asked Q about producing MJ's next album. MJ had Teddy Riley. Q gave an answer as if he was mad he was not the producer. It was clear MJ just went with Riley and Q must have thought he was going to be automatic be the producer. Sarah Vaugh had a look on her face as to say "oh lawd" when Q was asked.

This already been talk about in another thread. Michael want to move on and Quincy couldn't handle it. Michael was giving him money and he didn't like the fact he want it to move with his life. Quincy has enough money. he just greeding.

terrell;4289733 said:
This seem true. On BET with Donny Simpson, Donny asked Q about producing MJ's next album. MJ had Teddy Riley. Q gave an answer as if he was mad he was not the producer. It was clear MJ just went with Riley and Q must have thought he was going to be automatic be the producer. Sarah Vaugh had a look on her face as to say "oh lawd" when Q was asked.

Wow … :eek: Do we have a video of this somewhere?

Oh...Michael, I am so, so sorry... *big hugs to mj* (where ever he is in heaven)

i also would like to know the source of this. is there a video?

somewhereinthedark;4298063 said:
I thought this was overturned and Quincy did NOT win that amount. John Branca even made a statement about this being overturned. FTR, Quincy will not get the $9 million he claimed he was owed.

Correct. That video is from 2017. Don’t see why this was posted today, and without any comment or context.

Although I didn’t read the whole thread (stopped at page 12 lol), I must thank the members vers who posted the articles, allowing me to read how went this trial (about which I couldn’t find a lot of info online). My turn to provide an addendum, that could help understand Q.’s position (I assume it was for the same trial) : the testimony of a renowned audio expert, who was invited to the court to explain “sonic” issues in regard to Jones’ rights as a producer of the original recordings.

(As a side note, for those of you who didn’t understand the claim about “original masters” and TII, said recordings or portions of original album sessions were obviously used in the movie – to patch up rehearsal audio)

Back