Radio station will air ''Michael'' album next week as a promotion, each day a track.

No he hasn't played it yet.
I think he will do it the same way he did it yesterday.
I think he will play it at the end of the show.

^ Ok, thanks! Looking forward to the new song, meanwhile I listen to the other nice music he plays (I like him as a dj).

He is saying the album is great.
He said he had his doubts but after hearing it he really enjoys the album.
But he also said they are going to stream the album on their site. (I don't remember when, it could be tomorrow)
I don't think that's a good move because that will stop people from buying the album maybe.

On a positive note many people responded in a positive way this time on twitter in regards to the song.
People saying this sounds more like the "real" Michael. I think many people listening aren't aware that not all the songs are questioned on the album.
It might stop them from getting the album so in that case him playing the songs might actually help the album like it should.

Edit I just realised I posted twice in a row, I will delete my previous message.

Wow, very cool!

Ekdom was saying before playing the song: This song leaked earlier this year but here is the final version of Another Day with Lenny Kravitz.
After the song: Wow, wow, what a song. This is how we like to hear Michael Jackson best. The album will be out later this weeek, and I had the chance to already hear it. I was sceptical at first, but it really is a very good record.

In contrary to yesterday (when he played Much Too Soon) the tweets and messages of listeners are very positive. Yay!

He is saying the album is great.
He said he had his doubts but after hearing it he really enjoys the album.
But he also said they are going to stream the album on their site. (I don't remember when, it could be tomorrow)
I don't think that's a good move because that will stop people from buying the album maybe.

On a positive note many people responded in a positive way this time on twitter in regards to the song.
People saying this sounds more like the "real" Michael. I think many people listening aren't aware that not all the songs are questioned on the album.
It might stop them from getting the album so in that case him playing the songs might actually help the album like it should.

Edit I just realised I posted twice in a row, I will delete my previous message.

Lol, You beat me to it... Sorry for the overdetailed explaining from my part ;)

Wow, very cool!

Ekdom was saying before playing the song: This song leaked earlier this year but here is the final version of Another Day with Lenny Kravitz.
After the song: Wow, wow, what a song. This is how we like to hear Michael Jackson best. The album will be out later this weeek, and I had the chance to already hear it. I was sceptical at first, but it really is a very good record.

In contrary to yesterday (when he played Much Too Soon) the tweets and messages of listeners are very positive. Yay!

The tweets about Much too Soon were negative? :doh:
IMO one of the best songs of the album.

Yes, not all of them luckily. I don't understand it either as it is such a beautiful, tender song. Maybe Sony is watching to see which tracks are the most radio-friendly ones and suitable for future single release.

Yes, not all of them luckily. I don't understand it either as it is such a beautiful, tender song. Maybe Sony is watching to see which tracks are the most radio-friendly ones and suitable for future single release.

I think the recent pop music environment just doesn't favour nice, slow, melodic songs. I mean if I think of the fact that I have seen now in another thread that someone like Willow Smith is Nr 1 now in the UK :doh:, then I start to understand why MTS is not liked. The song is too good for this market.....

Yeah, I think the point of this radio play is testing by Sony. I think there are a few songs on the album (3-4) which could be released as singles and would chart well, but that's just what I think. I cannot think with the head of this "Willow Smith generation". :smilerolleyes:

Yeah I am :)

Monster Monster, 2 baaaaaaaaaaaaad Hollywood, Gotcha jumping of the wall....
I can hear the tune allready :p

Is he going to play Monster?? Oh, I hope so. He just announced the new song, hopefully it won't take him until two 'o clock to play it.

It's a question of personal tastes I suppose.

In all my decades of following MJ, I have always much preferred the 'up tempo' songs to his slow ballads - especially as an adult performer - with a few exceptions like 'Human Nature'.

If I had to make one 'favourites' album of my top 20 MJ tracks of all time, it would probably contain 18/19 mid-tempo/up-tempo songs and only 1 or 2 'ballads'.

Like I say, it's down to personal taste. But I would imagine MJ is best known worldwide for his 'non-ballads'.

Wow! Gerard being really really positive. He was saying that he didn't understand such tracks could just be laying around when MJ was still here, why didn't he release them? They put the stream on their website as well, for anybody who's interested. Mostly positive reactions from listeners.

^ I was kind of dissapointed really.
This was my first time hearing it in full but it doesn't really do it for me.
I don't think it would do that well on the radio actually. I think it would get boring after several listens. More of an album track I think.
Monster sounds to me like it's missing something, I can't point out exactly what.
Some power or something it sounds kind of tame almost.
I saw many positive reactions on here so maybe I expected a lot more I don't know.

The rap from 50 cent sounded surprisingly good though.
And it's still great that the DJ is being very supportive.

I'm just hoping he is going to play Hollywood Tonight one of these days, that's one I really can't wait to listen to in full!

^:( When I first heard Monster I wasn't too impressed either. But it really is a grower. I think I've heard it now about 10 times and it's banging! Hopefully you'll start liking it too after a while.

^:( When I first heard Monster I wasn't too impressed either. But it really is a grower. I think I've heard it now about 10 times and it's banging! Hopefully you'll start liking it too after a while.

Could be. I don't really hate the song.
Other songs so far have just had a bigger impact on hearing it I guess.
Maybe I just need to listen to it a few times like you said. :)
So far though I was more excited hearing Much to soon and Another day when he played those on the radio.
I'm curious about what he will play tomorrow.

Monster is tha BOMB :)
On headphones with your eyes closed lying on the bed, you'll hear all the sounds ( because your brains/ears can concentrate just on the music) and I'll tell you there are sounds never heard before. Very deep sounds, metallic sounds ( like banging on soft metal)

It's a song that will grow, just because there is so much to discover, and that's exactly what I like most about MJ songs

Anyone tuning in today?

I'm off to the gym in half an hour, so please tell me what he played, said and what the response of listeners was. Thanks!!

Before the song played he said he couldnt choose between Hollywood Tonight or Behind The Mask. It became BTM :)

Did he say something about the song? Did you happen to see listeners tweets or anything? Behind the Mask is my favorite song on the album. Too bad I missed it.

http://giel.vara.nl/Overige-audio.808.0.html?&tx_ttnews

Just click the play button
Above link will go to a dutch programma "GIEL"from this morning in which he reviews the new Album "Michael"
He plays all songs for a couple of seconds and is positive about all songs!
Even saying it's realy Michael he hears on all tracks.

It's Dutch talking

Last edited:
Back