Randall Sullivan's book "Untouchable"

Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable" Tabloid Mess [Threads merged]

There needs to be a big lawsuit over this book. I know nothing really can be done for Michael. But there are other people who are getting dragged through the mud by Sullivan (Example: Mark Wahlberg). And they need to take this guy to court, in my opinion.

Last edited:

To be fair JRT had said that long long ago when he interviewed Lisa Marie Presley he believed that Michael and Lisa had sex. He might have believed Michael to be a virgin into his 30s but he also believed him to be really in love and in active sexual relationship with LMP as well.

But he said too that Michael thought he proposed to Debbie while talking to Lisa on the phone because he was on medications, you know that's a pure crap.

Another thing is I find odd is that certain media are trashing the book calling it "dreary" and other media are praising it. Why is this book getting so much attention and being touted as believable when even some of Michael's worse media critics are saying it's garbage? I don't understand this.

Last edited:

This book is pure garbage

Unfortunately JRT too makes innuendo in his book about the allegations. I personally would not recommend his book either. IMO he is someone trying to play for both sides: media who want insinuations that Michael was guilty, but he also wants fans to buy his book, so he is making those insinuations in a more covert way than others - but the insinuations are there. It can be VERY harmful if people believe those stories because fans recommend this book to them and so people are led to believe JRT's book is a true portrayal of Michael.

When i started to read up about mj after his death, jrt's magic and madness was one of the first things i read. It took me some time to come to the conclusion that mj was innocent because of that book. The arvizo case was pretty easy to tell it was nonsense from other sources but jordan was a different matter as jrt really used alot of evan in his telling of that story, maybe because mj never gave his side of it. You definitely got the impression that the jordan relationship was v v special and unique and that he and mj were inseparable. It was only later, i realised that mj had loads of these relationships, with whole families not just exclusively with the boys, even at the exact same time he was meant to be spending all that time exclusively with the chandlers. And it was only the chandlers who were making these allegations.

JRT was a real cheat the way he only came clean about the typeof man evan was after he had committed suicide - so judgemental about mj in his book but everyone else, lmp, evan etc got a free pass.

@morinen - thanks for the pdf.

Last edited:
^ I agree, that book had the exact same effect on me. The description of the Chandler story is entirely from Evan's POV.

So he went on Access Hollywood just now and told people Michael didn't have sex with LMP or Debbie, even though they said they did, "people around them said they didn't."

He claims the Janet burial thing came from people Katherine had spoken to about it - "the only source I can name is Schaffel." How credible.

He spoke to Katherine who told this idiot Randall "to tell the world Michael isn't a pedophile."

He claims he developed "tender feelings" in writing the book and hopes Michael rests in peace - LOL

He shares excerpts of some of the threats made by fans online against Jordan after his death. Sigh.

He uses Diane Dimond a lot.

He even quotes bloody Matt Fiddes.

No will surfaced in the first week after MJ’s death and I’ve been advised by
Katherine Jackson’s close advisors that she had no knowledge that a will existed.
Joe Jackson/CNN interview:
Lies! They knew because they called John Branca up.

Last edited:

What really ticks me off is that the jackson family are letting this fool talk crap & none of them care - its dispicable

I wanted to reply to this part of your post and give my take of it.
The reason for those people talking good about Michael after his death (while him being alive they talked badly of him), they might have got caught with hype when it was nearly a fashion statement to talk shite about Michael, or maybe they changed they minds of Michael. Aren't people allowed to change their minds? Isn't that what we hope people do (especially haters) when we post links and sources where to look correct info regarding MJ? What I'm trying to say, if there is an incorrect article of MJ, there are fans posting correct info and provide the links where these haters can find information if they want to learn the truth. Maybe it's not that they want to kiss MJ's ass now that he is dead, maybe they did delve into world of Michael and found they might have mis-judged MJ
Or maybe they regret what they have said in the past and try to right their wrongs?

They cannot change the past (what was said back then), but they can change the future (what will be said in the future).
I hope that is the case with at least some of these people (sometimes Roger F seems to be suffering from remorse:).

Oh Really? Oprah interview LMP continued to say many contradicting & untrue things about MJ, Shaffel is part of this New Crappy book, Wesnier who cheated MJ off a lot of money now is workin with Joe and near MJ kids. Feldman most of the time has back handed comments for MJ in many of his articles, he can't bare to make MJ look good not even a little. And is so so desperate to get credit that he uses sources like Stacey Brown so people can believe him! o_O So If they were truly regretful they would have said so already and we haven't heard non of that! So I don't see this changing of minds at all. Just more spin to the same old tired stories by the same people. Now for the general public I can see them being influence badly by some of the very people I mentioned and I'm sure they have. Because many are lazy and just believe what they hear. But, of course I would love for them to do some real research and changed there minds and I know some have. But, it's no thanks to the ones I mentioned. Especially when it comes to the 93 allegations that's for sure.

By the way about RJT. He is another looser and very a fake. First of all he likes to exaggerate his so called friendship with MJ for credibility. And I highy doubt he believed in MJ innocence. Because why praise Diane Dimond for all she has done during the 05 trial as well has say he thinks MJ will get convicted of something. I mean come on! SMH

Last edited:

Again Roger is pointing out that he wrote the trash first, probably mad that this lying author gets more tabloid coverage than his writing did. When will fools learn Oxman knows nothing about Michael. We have Bain, who did not pay Michael's taxes, which she was paid to do, as a source--who is surprised? I will be disappointed if Bashit is not a source too. How about Katherine's attorney being in cahoots with Sullivan and getting a draft of this trash. How could Katherine have an attorney who helps Sullivan disgrace her children? What could Sullivan have promised Katherine's lawyer to get this cooperation? Someone needs to give Katherine the book to read. The best thing is for the children to kidnap Katherine again and have a family discussion on what steps they should take. Vanity Fair has money and Sullivan will make some, so they should go after both. Finally, when they have an opportunity to milk someone for money and win, they remain silent. Can someone check the Arizona spa to see if the family checked in?

Another thing is I find odd is that certain media are trashing the book calling it "dreary" and other media are praising it. Why is this book getting so much attention and being touted as believable when even some of Michael's worse media critics are saying it's garbage? I don't understand this.

Connections. It's all about connections within the media. That is why Halperin's book got so much publicity, that is why this book gets so publicity. Not on merit, but because these guys are well-connected within the media and these people support each other in the media.

Forget the nose thing people. I just read extracts from the book and it is totally horrible about the allegations! He basically reports Ray Chandler's claims (who was one of his sources) as fact! Also rehashes all the tabloid garbage of the past 20 years as fact. Quotes people like Norma Salinas, Adrian McManus etc. as credible sources!!!

Oh, and for those defending Schaffel: he still makes innuendo about Michael!!! The book quotes him on Michael ordering him to buy a book for him which had toddlers posing as cherubs in it and photos of babies in diapers and he makes it sound like something sinister (Jesus! When was Michael ever accused of being sexually attracted to BABIES!???)....

Last edited:

I can't believe we're in 2012 and those idiots couldn't believe Michael had sex with his wives... so pathetic.

^ Like you said connection, connections. Let's not be fooled as to why these kinds of books always get so much media hype! Certain people are STILL determined to make sure the public keep thinking the worse of MJ, even in death. The same old bunch and their tired old re-hash stories. But, when it came to proven them in Court they ran! Ain't that right Ray Chandler!

it's clear here that nobody, including the authors of this tabloid trash, is his friend in this story of his life, if the part about Elizabeth Taylor is true. an expensive necklace? even so....like Petrarose said...birds of a feather in this mix of lies and truth only designed to benefit the slanderous authors who clearly hate and lie about Michael, physically, and when it comes to describing his personality..calling him part villain.

Liza Minelli didn't single out Elizabeth Taylor as being an exception to all these people, including his terrible family, who clearly were enemies of Michael. Indeed, a fan review is the only objectivity possible.

But yeah..soon as i saw 'Rolling Stone' i knew there was an enemy author at work, here.

Still, it's true that the true essence of one's self prevails, and Michael's true essence results in him maintaining an air of dignity. When one looks at his image, one sees a person untarnished, which is why fans are not dissolusioned by Michael, himself, and they are able to separate him from the lies told about him. and his enemies know this, and, therefore, continue to portray him with lies that they know are lies, because of their hate. And if his true essence didn't prevail, then they would not know they are lying. It's easy to tell they know they are lying because of the hate tinged tone of their approach.

A good name cannot be destroyed. As one of the wives of the other brothers clearly states, she could tell that everybody else in that family was trash, except for Michael. Michael's good name clearly distinguishes him for all eyes to see, and they know it.

the main thing is clear..as mentioned before..these evil authors do have that one thing in common that proves they know they are lying. They're all fixated on their dissatisfaction(in their own minds) with him not being what they wanted him to be, as far as their image of how a man should be, sexually speaking, according to their vain imaginings. Bottom line, once again, they hate him because they could not control him...even in their own minds' image, to their satisfaction. So they deliberately tell the warped story, designed to subliminally destroy him in the minds of the general public, despite it being clear that he was the victim.

Last edited:

I read on Twitter that Randall also claims that Debbie Rowe didn't have a boyfriend till she was 30!!!

But we all know she was married in 80s, she was 20 and something back then, so l don't understand that point of portraying Michael and Debbie as a asexual couple that met, married and had kids together??!!

It seriously makes me sick to my stomach that people can not only so blatently lie about somebody else without any repercussions - but also make money off of it. (Sadly, this seems the story of MJ's life).

I think the overwhelming majority of media outlets are so quick to swallow up anything that paints MJ in a negative or unflattering light. If there are 2 versions of a story - they'll always pick the most salacious one.

E.g.
1. Autopsy confirms MJ had his nose attached
2. MJ had a jar full of noses according to his maid's gardener's hairdresser's post-man's grandmother's best friend.
...Gee, number 2 seems the most credible let's just stick with that!

Regarding the allegations, I was hopeful that the tide was turning and people were starting to realise he was innocent but I guess I was wrong. At this point Jordan Chandler himself could come out and say he made it all up but some 'journalist' will pop out somewhere and say 'well I choose to believe his earlier stance'!

If people are honest they'll admit that - how stupid. People LOVE this myth that the allegations are this big grey area that nobody really knows anything about. That the kids and families are buried out somewhere nobody can find them.

It's interesting that Gavin Arvizo isn't used as proof anymore though, huh.

^^This. It's not like they can't track these guys down. I think it was one of those ET/Access Hollywood type shows that tracked the Arvizo's down and some journalist from the Sun who bumped into Jordan Chandler - why hasn't anyone tried to speak to them or their friends.

I think they're just afraid of what they might find out, that MJ was innocent after all, but they can't have that because it will mean they'd have to admit that the dogged an innocent man.

JRT was a real cheat the way he only came clean about the typeof man evan was after he had committed suicide - so judgemental about mj in his book but everyone else, lmp, evan etc got a free pass.

Yeah this is what he wrote about Evan:

"I actually knew Evan Chandler. I met him several times in the 1990s. I had lots of secret meetings with Evan Chandler, trying to get to the bottom of what was going on. I was pretty young, sort of green and wish I had my present level of expertise to be able to have applied back then. I have stories about that guy that I have never even published. He was about as inconsistent as they come. He was so determined to get me on his side, I thought he was just a tad scary. If you read my book you sort of get how I felt -- feel -- about him. When it came out, he called me screaming at me for not just buying his story 100%. He actually threatened me, and I thought... okay, pal, now I know who you really are. "

Regarding the bolded, why didn't he publish these stories - surely it would have been relevant to the 1993 story.

^^This. It's not like they can't track these guys down. I think it was one of those ET/Access Hollywood type shows that tracked the Arvizo's down and some journalist from the Sun who bumped into Jordan Chandler - why hasn't anyone tried to speak to them or their friends.

I think they're just afraid of what they might find out, that MJ was innocent after all, but they can't have that because it will mean they'd have to admit that the dogged an innocent man.

He quotes Ray Chandler extensively and seems to think he is a good source of info.

I read on Twitter that Randall also claims that Debbie Rowe didn't have a boyfriend till she was 30!!!

But we all know she was married in 80s, she was 20 and something back then, so l don't understand that point of portraying Michael and Debbie as a asexual couple that met, married and had kids together??!!
Yup, he writes that.

He takes Lisa Marie's "somewhat asexual" comment out of context making it seem she's talking about their sex life, he claims this was a damning comment that must have upset Michael. He doesn't reveal this was what she said in response to a question about his physical appearance, not anything about his sexuality or their sex life together.

The virgin comment he makes right at the end of making Michael sound like a great big pedophile. It seems like he threw it on there hoping the fans would think that was a "defense." He's insulting.

I agree, this book is especially disappointing because I felt like we'd made progress from beyond this basic stuff. But this man was paid to perform this job and claims he worked on it for three years, and the result is this mess.

Michael Jackson: 'Untouchable' by Randall Sullivan touches nerve
'Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson' by Randall Sullivan draws fire from Jackson family members and others.

By Chris Lee, Los Angeles Times
November 14, 2012, 6:15 a.m.
Michael Jackson fans have been eagerly anticipating Randall Sullivan's "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," which went on sale Tuesday. It's the first deep-dive narrative by a veteran journalist covering the King of Pop's convoluted final years on earth. But then, too, the book's been getting a lot of bad press. In the last few weeks, various Jackson family members and celebrity sources have stepped forward to attack the author's claims in "Untouchable" with gusto.

Pop doyenne Janet Jackson vigorously disputes Sullivan's account of how, in 2009, she allegedly refused to allow her brother's remains be interred at Forest Lawn cemetery until his estate repaid her $40,000 in burial costs. Last month, Janet Jackson's lawyer blasted the reportage, excerpted in November's Vanity Fair, as "false and defamatory" and demanded a retraction from the magazine (Vanity Fair stands by the story).

In "Untouchable," Jackson's then-79-year-old mother Katherine Jackson is described calling her grandchildren's nanny after the performer's death with one goal in mind: collecting bundles of cash Michael is said to have stashed beneath his house's flooring — a claim Katherine Jackson's lawyer characterized as "simply ridiculous."

And Sullivan's description of a standoff between Mark Wahlberg and Michael Jackson over who got to charter a private jet out of New York in the frenzied days after 9/11 has been similarly refuted by "sources close to Wahlberg," who told TMZ the movie star maintained his own plane at the time.

Still, for Jackson completists and even those in less than total thrall to the erstwhile Earl of Whirl — people familiar with the performer's sad, untimely demise at age 50 from "acute propofol intoxication" — "Untouchable" is packed with minor revelations that help cast Jackson in a new light.

Chief among them: Sullivan's tries to forever overturn any notion of Jackson as a child molester. Explaining his odd penchant for the company of children, the book posits that Jackson was beyond asexual; he was "presexual." He died "a 50-year-old virgin," Sullivan writes, "never having had sexual intercourse with any man, woman or child, in a special state of loneliness that was a large part of what made him unique as an artist and so unhappy as a human being."

The author deconstructs Jackson's surprise acquittal in his 2005 criminal trial in support of that thesis and frames Jackson's $15-million out-of-court settlement with Jordan Chandler, a boy who accused the singer of sexually molesting him, as an extortion case.

"Untouchable" also furthers the perception of the King of Pop as an aspiring movie mogul with fevered ambitions to run a studio and even portray cherished cultural icons onscreen. According to a former business partner the book quotes, in 2002 Jackson attempted to buy the comics company Marvel, with an eye toward mounting a film version of "Spider-Man" and portraying the webslinger himself.

And as recently as late 2008 and early 2009, the performer tried to nurture a long-gestating King Tut biopic into production. Jackson's former bodyguard claims he wanted Mel Gibson to direct the project; Jackson's former manager Dr. Tohme Tohme, meanwhile, insists Jackson would have enlisted "Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson for the film.

While any number of newspaper and magazine reports have cataloged Michael Jackson's tremendous chemical appetite for powerful sedatives, "Untouchable" provides a comprehensive laundry list of the various opioids, narcotics and cosmetic treatments that framed the singer's existence in his final months. Among the prescription medicines under whose influence Jackson operated before his death in 2009 were: Valium, the pain killer Vicodin, the sedative midazolam, the narcolepsy drug modafinil (reputed to increase wakefulness in sleep-deprived people) and Demerol; but also flumazenil, the wrinkle remover Restylane, Botox, latanoprost and Latisse (to promote eyelash growth), a "mouth plumper" product called Nutritic Lips and the singer's beloved "milk" — the anesthetic propofol that triggered Jackson's death.

In spite of his prodigious pharmaceutical intake, two months before he passed away, the superstar had to submit to a medical examination by his comeback concerts' insurer Lloyd's of London. On a questionnaire he was asked: "Have you ever been treated for, or had any indication of excessive use of alcohol or drugs?" Jackson circled "no" and somehow passed the examination with flying colors. The rest is history.

http://www.latimes.com/features/boo...-michael-jackson-book-20121114,0,381332.story

^ This has to be stuff from Randall's publicist. New light my ass.

I think Sullivan's PR team is trolling Amazon by adding 5 star reviews for this "well researched" book.

They're making it sound like it's a positive book and all of the negative reviews are just crazy fans that get worked up for no reason other than just being crazy. A few more reviews that calmly point out how poorly researched and easily debunked his "facts" are might be helpful.

I think Sullivan's PR team is trolling Amazon by adding 5 star reviews for this "well researched" book.

They're making it sound like it's a positive book and all of the negative reviews are just crazy fans that get worked up for no reason other than just being crazy. A few more reviews that calmly point out how poorly researched and easily debunked his "facts" are might be helpful.

We need to collect the list of biggest inaccuracies in this book, post them with disproof and vote them up.

I started reading it but my browser seems to have stopped during a another contribution from schaeffel in the quite ridiculously entitled 'east' section of the book. I know all these characters and events, but finding it all pretty complicated and boring, i just can't imagine non fans finding all this talk of the last years of mj's life with all the financial dealings and lawsuits, and his dealings with frankly abysmal people noone except mjjc posters have heard about, remotely interesting.

That la times review is as bad as the ny times one with it's palpable air of disappointment that the author doesn't reveal new evidence that mj was a child molester. Seriously the verdict after the 2005 farcical trial, was a 'surprise'? Media still mad they didn't get any guilties. On a side issue, i read that the new york times did a sensationalist article on the jimmy saville scandal, just writing stupid stuff demonstrably wrong on the say so of a woman claiming abuse - there seems to be a hysteria when talking about child abuse.

Is mrs j going to make a statement about this book apart from the bit about her scurrying over to carolwood to hunt for mj's cash. i'm assuming that with randall saying that mj being a virgin and everything, that he's claiming the chidren aren't his and with the extremely equivocal stance he took on the allegations - how is she going to explain to ppb that her lawyers proofread the book and are friends with the author.

I started reading this thread and then read the passage about a "nose jar" and got so disgusted I couldn't read any more. Poor Michael :(

Marc Lamont Hill ?@marclamonthill

Have questions about Michael Jackson? Anyone interested in joining me in a conversation with Michael Jackson's biographer today at 2:30?

^^ I'm so fed up with these ignorants/liars being called "Michael Jackson's biographer" as if they had some official status as such.

I havent the slightest interest in this crap!

Michael Jackson: 'Untouchable' by Randall Sullivan touches nerve
'Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson' by Randall Sullivan draws fire from Jackson family members and others.

By Chris Lee, Los Angeles Times
November 14, 2012, 6:15 a.m.
Michael Jackson fans have been eagerly anticipating Randall Sullivan's "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," which went on sale Tuesday.

http://www.latimes.com/features/boo...-michael-jackson-book-20121114,0,381332.story

The bolded ^^. Please guys I hope no fans here anticipated this book!! I hope many knew where Sullivan came from before he started this book. Where this reporter learned that fans were anticipating this book, I do not know. It is so typical that this reporter made up this part making it seem that fans were eager for this book. He is essentially using the "fans' expectation" to advertise this book. If he says fans are anticipating the book, then other fans may think, "oh I will get a copy." This is also a type of exploitation of the "fans." After all we are not going to sue him and say that was never true, so they get away again with their lies. They always seem to rewrite history to suit their purposes.

If you read this review it seems as though the book is a great fact-based analysis of Michael's life. They even include drugs he took, yet there is no information why this was needed for Michael. You are left with the feeling that Michael simply sat down and collected all these drugs and drank them down for some unknown reason. Then he throws in the "milk," a term used by the professionals to refer to prof, to insinuate that Michael came up with that name. The "beloved" is used to imply that Michael used it all the time. You know you usually want your beloved with you at all times. No one will get the picture that Michael used it to get some sleep for touring and the reasons why.

So far, none of the reviews from the "great" newspapers of the nation come from ethical people. The reporters are simply carrying on business as usual--showing up the negative written about Michael and condoning them.

PS why would anyone want to talk to the author, who I will not call a biographer. He will only tell them so more un-researched lies.

Should we make a team to work on the major lies with rebuttals and put it in Amazon or an open letter, or will that give the guy too much publicity. I mean, the LA Times have already included us in this mess as though we wanted this. We need to show them we do not.

Last edited:
Okay, according to that online chat, which was a dud and he defended everything:

His new claims:

The prosthetic nose was removed at night, that's why we didn't see it in the autopsy. It's strange the autopsy photo shows he had a nose, how did it grow back on? Where did he keep it at night? There was no jar of noses found in his room, where was it?

Lisa and Michael may have had "sexual contact", but he claims Lisa Marie doesn't really know what sex is.

He didn't know Debbie had ever said she'd had sex with Michael. Yeah, she did, taped undercover by a NOTW journalist in 1996: "We started by fooling around a bit and the next thing we knew we were doing it. We knew we were going to try for a baby." And taped again undercover in 1997: "I can’t wait to see him again. We’re going to stay all day and night in bed – I can’t wait." He didn't even know these quotes had been said - he thought she'd always denied having sex with him.

Tries to pander to the fans by saying, "I quoted the thing about Katherine saying tell the world he's innocent!" and he claimed "I said I thought he was." Anyone who's read the book knows he's lying. He said he thought Michael was "obsessed" with Jordan.

He also thinks the fans responding are all the "crazy fringe element". That's what I thought his source material was also known as.

^ Please edit your reviews to include dismissals of these easily debunked remarks. Especially the nose thing, which is just getting more and more ridiculous as he goes on. If someone could find me one photo of the glue on nose - just one! He must've kept them by his bed, but they didn't show up on any photos of his crime scene room, and have never showed up anywhere - y'all know Mike's nose would've hit the market for millions if someone had one, and they would make sure they had one, if he was letting randoms in his room all the time.

The Huffpost stream made me sick :( and this guy kept saying that the book is facsinating and would be a best seller, and hinting that MJ fans are insane and see MJ as Jesus. And the fact that David admitted not having read the actual book didn't help his credibility. The other two fans who were there I don't want to even start on. I really feel bad right now :(

Back