Rare Pictures Thread

Can we just talk about how damn classy he ALWAYS looks?? Like, at all times? He looks like a boss no matter what he wears.

@zinniabooklover I don't even know where to begin...you are making me feel so much with all of these photos. I feel overwhelmed. I love the letters so much. They give such insight into his beautiful mind. I treasure him so much.

But also the pictures...he is just so beautiful. Truly, he was a work of art. It's absurd how good looking he was.
Oh, hey there. Realised needed more calming pictures so here I am. I'm really liking the variety of what's coming up.

But, yeah, those letters. Sometimes I need words not pictures. The insight we get from stuff like that, it's priceless. That longer letter, so thoughtful. He had a beautiful soul.

Re: Unseen Pictures Thread

tumblr_kzt4v5QBrJ1qadseeo1_400.jpg
Always such a handsome boy.

Oh, hey there. Realised needed more calming pictures so here I am. I'm really liking the variety of what's coming up.

But, yeah, those letters. Sometimes I need words not pictures. The insight we get from stuff like that, it's priceless. That longer letter, so thoughtful. He had a beautiful soul.
I totally understand! I think I may have mentioned this somewhere, at some point, but one of my favorite rituals is to get super worked up my his performances and then watch his interviews and award show acceptances where he is such a gentle, tender sweetheart. The total opposite of his on-stage self. It satisfies every part of me.

But yes, the letters... in some ways I feel sad that we get to have this insight, since these were private things. But I also love to get the insight into his mind. I really want to reread Moonwalk for that reason. I miss his mind. He was just so beautiful in every way.

Can we just talk about how damn classy he ALWAYS looks?? Like, at all times? He looks like a boss no matter what he wears.
Exactly so. I don't know how he does it. I mean, sure, he has style and confidence and he has an aura and carries himself with grace but, still, SO classy. ALL the time. That's why I love seeing pics of him meeting various dignitaries. He always looks so much more classy than they do even though he's 'just' the pop star and they are serious men with their expensive suits. He just outclasses everyone.

But yes, the letters... in some ways I feel sad that we get to have this insight, since these were private things. But I also love to get the insight into his mind. I really want to reread Moonwalk for that reason. I miss his mind. He was just so beautiful in every way.
Agreed. I felt a bit weird even just bumping it. It's wanting the insight into his mind but also wanting him, even now after his death, to have some space, some privacy. I've never wanted to poke into every last corner of his brain or drain his lifeblood out of him. But he was given so few opportunities to explain stuff. Of course, through his art he could express himself but in interviews people just asked him stupid stuff. Or they asked about his work and, oh look, it's another question about Thriller. Or Billie Jean. So frustrating.

Bob has donated a ton of notes and stuff to the Bob Dylan Center but I guess that's probably notes re lyrics and ideas and stuff rather than personal stuff. Plus, he chose to donate it. Michael hasn't had the chance to make that decision.

That long letter I bumped. It was the fact of him taking so much time and trouble to communicate to the guy what he wanted / needed to say. He could have just dashed off a couple of lines or just made a passing comment. But he took the trouble to carefully explain so much. I thought it was lovely.

Agreed. I felt a bit weird even just bumping it. It's wanting the insight into his mind but also wanting him, even now after his death, to have some space, some privacy. I've never wanted to poke into every last corner of his brain or drain his lifeblood out of him. But he was given so few opportunities to explain stuff. Of course, through his art he could express himself but in interviews people just asked him stupid stuff. Or they asked about his work and, oh look, it's another question about Thriller. Or Billie Jean. So frustrating.

Bob has donated a ton of notes and stuff to the Bob Dylan Center but I guess that's probably notes re lyrics and ideas and stuff rather than personal stuff. Plus, he chose to donate it. Michael hasn't had the chance to make that decision.

That long letter I bumped. It was the fact of him taking so much time and trouble to communicate to the guy what he wanted / needed to say. He could have just dashed off a couple of lines or just made a passing comment. But he took the trouble to carefully explain so much. I thought it was lovely.I

It is SO lovely... and trust me, I completely love that you bumped it because I love reading those words. You are so right. Michael never had a chance to be understood because he was so disrespected when he tried to communicate in interviews. He was very vulnerable and honest in his art, but art is also open to interpretation in a more subjective way even then clear, direct thought communicated this way. So I actually think it helps his legacy in a way to have these kinds of things circulate so that people can see into his heart more. I just feel bad for him as a human being that so much of him was considered public property, you know? Because he really never had a choice about any of it, given how young he started.

Anyway I hate to continue derailing picture threads with all of my long-winded thoughts. So I'll try to reign that in again lol.

But don't think I don't deeply appreciate the Bob Dylan commentary too :) I love that he chose to donate those things... this is the beauty of an icon living so long and being so active for so long. Dylan is so in control of his legacy and image still and I just am so grateful for that.

I just feel bad for him as a human being that so much of him was considered public property, you know? Because he really never had a choice about any of it, given how young he started.
That's it. Him being public property all his life, pretty much, and in such an all-consuming way. But those letters show him as the pure being of light that he was which you were talking about on another thread. And it's true, I think. He was pure light.

But don't think I don't deeply appreciate the Bob Dylan commentary too :) I love that he chose to donate those things... this is the beauty of an icon living so long and being so active for so long. Dylan is so in control of his legacy and image still and I just am so grateful for that.
I'm endlessly grateful that Bob gets to be in control as much as he does.

You mean because he’s so incredibly sexy, attractive, talented, charismatic, addictive, and adorable… ?
No, I mean because I follow the (censored) instructions for posting an actual image and every time I just get the link. Which is great since it does actually lead to the photo but that's not what's supposed to happen. The stupid thing is supposed to show up in the stupid space I put it in.

Still, mustn't complain. Have just had a moment. Gonna go and post a couple of images on Manhood to celebrate. So happy! ☺️

No, I mean because I follow the (censored) instructions for posting an actual image and every time I just get the link. Which is great since it does actually lead to the photo but that's not what's supposed to happen. The stupid thing is supposed to show up in the stupid space I put it in.

Still, mustn't complain. Have just had a moment. Gonna go and post a couple of images on Manhood to celebrate. So happy! ☺️

LOL yeah, once Hiker said that it made a lot more sense to me. I guess I'm the only one annoyed at how desperately I want this man... haha

Anyway, I think I may make a little video for you about how to upload pics on this site. It's honestly way more challenging than it ought to be, but once you know how to do it it's easy!

😁 You have to go to insert image and then add the link in that box.

Looking forward to your contributions on the Manhood thread. Yay! Weekend!
Yes. Keep trying that. Cannot get it to work. But, and here's the thing, the instructions I follow (to the stupid letter) insist that I will get the stupid image in the stupid space but it never stupid happens.

I am going to be very Zen about this. I am.

Are you trying to insert link or insert image? When you click on insert image, you should get option to either upload or 'by Url', we need that 'By Url' one.
Busy throwing my toys out of the pram is what I'm doing. :D

Heading over to Yokohama.

Busy throwing my toys out of the pram is what I'm doing. :D

Heading over to Yokohama.

Watch this video! I hope it helps :)

PS: I apologize in advance for any sound of my dog chewing a bone. He is obnoxious and right next to me lol.

PPS: This is from a Mac desktop... I can also record how to do it from a phone too :)

Back