4. Unbreakable
5. We've Had Enough
6. Invincible
7. Get Your Weight Off Of Me
8. You Rock My World
9. Ride With Me
10. Privacy
11. Xscape (remix)

Not gonna include GYWOOM since we haven’t heard the full thing yet, nor Ride With Me since it’s technically not an MJ song.
  1. Escape (Original Version)
  2. Unbreakable
  3. You Rock My World
  4. Threatened
  5. Heartbreaker
  6. Escape (Remix)
  7. Privacy
  8. We’ve Had Enough
  9. Invincible

1. We've Had Enough
2. Xscape
3. Invincible
4. Heartbreaker
5. Unbreakable
6. Threatened
7. You Rock My World
8. Privacy

🤔 Kinda hard, Xscape can take the top spot some days…

Not gonna include GYWOOM since we haven’t heard the full thing yet,
We do have a snippet of every section of the song and a full minute of it in total so it's enough to know how the song sounds like, I feel like it's valid enough to rate it.
nor Ride With Me since it’s technically not an MJ song.
Maybe not as a full MJ song but it's a Rodney Jerkins track with MJ's voice throughout the entire song so it's a valid inclusion in this thread. It's ok to go all in lol.

We do have a snippet of every section of the song and a full minute of it in total so it's enough to know how the song sounds like, I feel like it's valid enough to rate it.

Maybe not as a full MJ song but it's a Rodney Jerkins track with MJ's voice throughout the entire song so it's a valid inclusion in this thread. It's ok to go all in lol.
I dunno, I feel like it’s unfair to judge a complete song based on snippets. I also don’t think using a Jerkins song with a random ad-lib scattered throughout should count either. But that’s just me! I can’t judge them fairly.

From 1 star to 5...

1. Heartbreaker- 2
2. Xscape (2001)- 4
3. Threatened-4
4. Unbreakable-3
5. We've Had Enough- 5
6. Invincible- 1 (MJ's worst title track ever, and the worst track on Invincible)
7. Get Your Weight Off Of Me- 2
8. You Rock My World- 2 with the intro, 4 with it gone.
9. Ride With Me- never heard of this one
10. Privacy- 2
11. Xscape (remix)- 1

1. Escape (Original Version) 2/5 not a fan
  2. Unbreakable 3/5 ok
  3. You Rock My World 3/5 ok
  4. Threatened 2/5 not a fan
  5. Heartbreaker 5/5 great
  6. Escape (Remix) 1/5 hate it
  7. Privacy 1/5 hate it
  8. We’ve Had Enough 4/5 good
  9. Invincible 3/5 ok

Threatened 10 /10
Xscape (2001 Original) 9 /10
We've Had Enough 8 /10
Rock My World 7 /10
Unbreakable 6 /10
Heartbreaker 5 /10
Privacy 4 /10
Xscape (2014 remix) 3 /10
Get Your Weight Off Of Me 2 /10
Invincible 1 /10

Since we’re doing numerical ratings:
  1. Escape (Original Version) 5/5
  2. Unbreakable 5/5
  3. You Rock My World 5/5
  4. Threatened 4.5/5
  5. Heartbreaker 4/5
  6. Escape (Remix) 4/5
  7. Privacy 3/5
  8. We’ve Had Enough 2.75/5
  9. Invincible 2/5

Heartbreaker gang 💪💪💪💪
Most interesting beat since anything he did on dangerous
The only interesting thing about 'Heartbreaker' is that this song was a precursor of the dubstep genre.

Other than that, 'Heartbreaker' has serious issues:

Lyrically, the lyrics are very plain and simple.

Vocally, Michael Jackson sounds hoarse and he struggles to sing his lines, especially the bridge part ("I never thought ... got away").

Musically, towards the end (from 03:48 onwards) they included sound effects that come from arcade video games, which was not a good idea because the sound of 'Heartbreaker' from that point becomes very cheap and unimaginative.

The only interesting thing about 'Heartbreaker' is that this song was a precursor of the dubstep genre.

Vocally, Michael Jackson sounds hoarse and he struggles to sing his lines, especially the bridge part ("I never thought ... got away").

Musically, towards the end (from 03:48 onwards) they included sound effects that come from arcade video games, which was not a good idea because the sound of 'Heartbreaker' from that point becomes very cheap and unimaginative.

don’t care

don’t care, it’s a pop song not a book
don’t agree
And don’t agree

The beat is super imaginative, can’t get enough of it on headphones.

No WAY is Privacy better than We've Had Enough lol
I never thought We’ve Had Enough was as good as the fan community says it is. It’s good, but it’s nothing special imo. Privacy is a very weird track, but that’s part of its charm to me.

Heartbreaker - 3/5. I used to really love this song, but now not so much. It seems overproduced.
Xscape (2001) - 4.5/5. A shame Michael never got to finish and release it.
Threatened - 3/5. It is alright but not as good as people make it out to be.
Unbreakable - 2.5/5. I would have preferred it if it was shorter.
We've Had Enough - 5/5. My favourite MJ song released in the 21st century.
Invincible - 1.5/5. Michael's worst title track. Inclusion of FATS was pointless.
Get Your Weight Off Of Me - 1/5. From the snippets I have heard, it sounds like the first three tracks on Invincible and that doesn't excite me.
You Rock My World - 4/5. Right choice for the lead single.
Privacy - 0/5. From the awful heavily processed vocals to the annoying camera sounds, this is the worst song Michael ever released.
Xscape (remix) - 4/5. I think this was a very faithful reimagination of the original version.

1.Unbreakable 5/5
2.We've had enough 5/5
3.You Rock My World 4/5
4.Heartbreaker 4/5
5.Threatened 4/5
6.Privacy 3/5
7.Invincible 2/5
8.Xscape 2/5

my top 3:
8. You Rock My World
2. Xscape (2001)
4. Unbreakable

1. We've Had Enough (best): Easily the best of the Darkchild tracks. Like a rockier "Earth Song". Forever will be a shame that it wasn't on Invincible.
2. Escape (2002 version): Of the hip hop-ish Darkchild tracks, this is the best one. I'm not really interested in hearing MJ angrily complain about his life as we already heard him do that on History and this song is a little too mechanical, but it's still better than any of the Darkchild tracks that were on Invincible.
3. Unbreakable: The best Darkchild track that did make it on Invincible. The album really should have been named after this song, because it's exactly what I would have thought the title track would be like (if they wanted to avoid confusion with the Samuel L. Jackson movie, then they should have renamed the song "Untouchable" and called the album that). My main complaint against it, though, is the same as my complaint against "Escape". Angry, cocky MJ wasn't interesting to hear anymore. I also don't think songs with heavy digital production like this was the right direction for the album to take. Oh, and the Biggie sample was completely unnecessary; should have gotten a living rapper like Jay Z instead.
4. Threatened: It's definitely a poor man's "Thriller" and sounds like an 'N Sync or Britney Spears song, but I still like it. At least it's better than the tracks that feature Fats, lol.
5. You Rock My World: Generic Darkchild production, but I like it. Quite refreshing to hear a laidback, easygoing song like this when all of the other Darkchild cuts on the Invincible are aggressive.
6. Heartbreaker: Generic 'N Sync esque pop and wannabe Timbaland-style production. Loses points for including Fats. But I don't dislike the song.
7. Invincible: More generic 'N Sync esque pop. Easily MJ's worst title track. Will forever be stupid that someone thought it was a good idea to have "Unbreakable", "Heartbreaker" and "Invincible all play back to back at the start of the album, as well as the fact someone thought it was a good idea to have Fats on not just one, but two tracks. To this day, we're still wondering who the hell he was. Still don't dislike the song, though.
8. Get Your Weight Off Me: We haven't heard the full song yet, but I can tell from the leaks that it's in the same vein as "Heartbreaker" and "Invincible". Don't tell me Fats is on this, too. :/ Still, I'd love to hear the full thing soon.
9. Escape (2014 version): Don't care for this at all when it's just a glorified remix. It's not bad, but I'd rather just listen to the song how MJ intended it to be. This remix just turns it into a generic mid-2010s pop song. Yawn.
10. Privacy (worst): One of the worst songs on any MJ album. Just corny self-indulgent garbage with dumb lyrics and overly coarse vocals.

Last edited:
1. You Rock My World — retro and melodic, beautiful harmonies
2. Xscape (2014) — retro sound on a 90s-type lyric and vocal. AMAZING combination and MJ coming full circle. What the whole Invincible album should’ve and would’ve been if MJ didn’t force Jerkins to shift to the clunky mechanical production. Jerkins finally got to do an MJ song the way he wanted to from the moment they met.
3. Threatened — surprisingly clever lyrics and production for the otherwise unimaginative Jerkins production team
4. Xscape (2001) — Dangerous/HIStory era redone by a different production team
5. We've Had Enough — the only Jerkins song actually written by MJ (and Carol Bayer Sager)? Certainly the only lyric from those sessions that reads/sounds like authentic MJ.

Not worthy of being released on an album:

6. Heartbreaker
7. Get Your Weight Off Of Me
8. Unbreakable
9. Invincible
10. Privacy

1. You Rock My World — retro and melodic, beautiful harmonies
2. Xscape (2014) — retro sound on a 90s-type lyric and vocal. AMAZING combination and MJ coming full circle. What the whole Invincible album should’ve and would’ve been if MJ didn’t force Jerkins to shift to the clunky mechanical production. Jerkins finally got to do an MJ song the way he wanted to from the moment they met.
3. Threatened — surprisingly clever lyrics and production for the otherwise unimaginative Jerkins production team
4. Xscape (2001) — Dangerous/HIStory era redone by a different production team
5. We've Had Enough — the only Jerkins song actually written by MJ (and Carol Bayer Sager)? Certainly the only lyric from those sessions that reads/sounds like authentic MJ.
I like this ranking. I respect it at least.

I'm only ranking what was recorded and released by Michael. Unreleased tracks, or tracks he appears on (like Ride With Me) don't count.

1. We've Had Enough
  2. Threatened
  3. Xscape
  4. Unbreakable
  5. You Rock My World
  6. Heartbreaker
  7. Privacy
  8. Invincible

I'm only ranking what was recorded and released by Michael. Unreleased tracks, or tracks he appears on (like Ride With Me) don't count.

1. We've Had Enough
  2. Threatened
  3. Xscape
  4. Unbreakable
  5. You Rock My World
  6. Heartbreaker
  7. Privacy
  8. Invincible

"Xscape" was never released when MJ was alive

Back