Reflections on Michael Jackson : Articles, Blogs & Stories Thread

:heart: moonstruck87

I agree with you 100% but I also realise with such pain and anguish that this is a world without Michael Jackson in it ! They never had and never will show him the respect he righteously earned and deserved !

I try to focus on the positive moments that will shine through all the laughter ! That is an up and coming actress burning up the buzz in the world admitted she was A RABID MICHAEL JACKSON FAN ! She admitted to millions of people that this is a FACT ! And that she had a doll made for her of him !

NOW THAT'S LOVE TO ME !

Ignorance is their bliss not ours but they will not stop US !! :agree:

Thanks for posting and listening !

:group:
moonstruck87;4151984 said:
^^^

Why are people in the audience laughing when they hear about Michael´s scalp burn? :pth:

Even if they do not know the whole story, it´s just really sick to laugh about people getting hurt ...

Re: Reflections on Michael: Articles, Blogs & Stories

this is a wonderful thread though its kinda the same w/ this one "Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ" thread but the more the greater :) hehe....I WISH ALL WOULD TAKE TIME & READ THIS STUFF? AND TO OTHERS AS WELL TO ALL MJFAM & ESPECIALLY NON-MJFANS!

Do you have a link for that thread?

Michael Jackson is an artist whose career became, with a definite paroxysm, the emblem of pop music in a trans-cultural and technological twentieth century. He brought to a certain height the paradigms of the international pop aestheticism which are the high-scale impact and broadcasting and shaped an image representative of the synthesis of artistic expression and trans-racial figures which make up the cement of pop music.

The taking over of esthetical influences that impacted the singer, strengthened by a continuous spirit of innovation, was at the root of the creation of an artistic identity in its own right, medium of an expressive authenticity which, on a vocal level, is comparable to what we can call a personality.

2Not limiting himself to any aesthetical fetters, the artist, all along his career, tried to develop and renew an obvious expressive plurality. Plurality which, combining spoken and sung voices, voiced and non-voiced sounds, oral percussions, bruitism, breathing games and voiced choreographies, was taken over and centralized by a body with a great phonic presence in the musical sphere, confirming what Roland Barthes said: “In pop music, there is the physical component which is so important for this type of counter-culture. There is a new relation to the body, which we need to defend”. (Barthes,1981: 164)

But apart from the physical aspect, we will see that this plurality is underpinned by a vocal work directed by a teacher coming from the lyrical world, Seth Riggs, as well as by the spontaneous use of more original or less aestheticized forms of expression.

3Concerned that his vocal personality shouldn’t be diluted or diminished, Michael Jackson - conscious of the reach and responsibility of recording in the media - took a high interest in its fixing and the shaping of what had to be not only his sonorous image but also his recorded double. In doing so, he appointed, for his whole career, a figurehead sound-engineer, Bruce Swedien, who was in a parallel quest of sound authenticity and whose technical choices, guided by this quest, will make up the second part of this study.

But first, we propose to study the components of Michael Jackson’s vocal identity, through technical criteria but also in the light of a work on the tone which made this notion of identity develop into the more colorful notion of personality.

https://journals.openedition.org/volume/3851

Back