Reggae

Good thinking, love both songs. The bass line on the 2nd one. 😲
Thanks zin. Reggae was never my thing , dance-hall would b more of my thing when it comes to this, but i don't know too much .... same with rnb...
so, it was always american rap for me, always. but i did like this album. Good kids.

Thanks zin. Reggae was never my thing ,
I've never been into it big-time. Mostly went for the more pop end of things. Desmond Dekker, Jimmy Cliff, stuff that's easier to listen to, not so much the heavy stuff although I did love Steel Pulse back in the day. I like a lot of the cool 60's stuff from Trojan Records.

dance-hall would b more of my thing when it comes to this, but i don't know too much .... same with rnb...
so, it was always american rap for me, always.
You are hardcore with the rap. :)

but i did like this album. Good kids.
They were. Underrated, imo.

I've never been into it big-time.
Sam zin . But I do like The Israelites by DD, Exodus by BM
Mostly went for the more pop end of things.
Yep Eddie Grant i loved & Maxi Priest , especially his cover of 'Wild World ' did not like ub40 .Someone already posted Ini kamoze but he is more dancehall dj , ... and i know that by the Pret -a -Porter film in 1995 think it was.
Desmond Dekker, Jimmy Cliff, stuff that's easier to listen to, not so much the heavy stuff although
Well Buju Banton i was going to post and Beenie Man but i think that is more dance-hall.
I did love Steel Pulse back in the day. I like a lot of the cool 60's stuff from Trojan Records.
I don't know SP. good to know all these different names.
You are hardcore with the rap. :)
That was my time zin , that , and breaking , I taught myself the history of old skool/rap in early 90s -1992 . DJ Kool Herc has Jamaican roots .
They were. Underrated, imo.
Good album & the track' Youth of Today 'really sticks in my head. It's a great pop album I think Dennis S was their lead singer

I don't know SP. good to know all these different names.
Steel Pulse. From Handsworth, Birmingham. Their first album was fire. I saw them live twice. One of their songs was about the KKK, there was LOTS of hoo-ha around that and the performance that went with it. I'm not gonna post it but you might wanna check it out. It's good.

"Decorated with beautiful harmonies, fuelled by Steve Nisbett’s directional drumming, displaying their knack of dropping a song to bare essentials if required, and shifting from melodic to percussive at will, Handsworth Revolution was a triumph. It shipped a quarter of a million copies on release, unheard of for a British reggae act at the time."

Steel Pulse. From Handsworth, Birmingham.
Well Musical Youth were from Birmingham too
Their first album was fire. I saw them live twice. One of their songs was about the KKK, there was LOTS of hoo-ha around that and the performance that went with it. I'm not gonna post it
yep i will check them out
but you might wanna check it out. It's good.

"Decorated with beautiful harmonies, fuelled by Steve Nisbett’s directional drumming, displaying their knack of dropping a song to bare essentials if required, and shifting from melodic to percussive at will, Handsworth Revolution was a triumph. It shipped a quarter of a million copies on release, unheard of for a British reggae act at the time."

Thank you for recommendation

Steel Pulse. From Handsworth, Birmingham. Their first album was fire. I saw them live twice.
wow They have a really good band name. I like that ...their first album art cover is cool to me. State of Emergency 1988 looks alright too ~ and 1992 live album.
One of their songs was about the KKK, there was LOTS of hoo-ha around that and the performance that went with it. I'm not gonna post it but you might wanna check it out. It's good.

"But- but - but waiting was hopeless"
Powerful, powerful song. I googled the lyrics. 1978 gosh
Making me aware of imperative artistry again, zin thanks

wow They have a really good band name. I like that ...their first album art cover is cool to me. State of Emergency 1988 looks alright too ~ and 1992 live album.

"But- but - but waiting was hopeless"
Powerful, powerful song. I googled the lyrics. 1978 gosh
Making me aware of imperative artistry again, zin thanks
I saw them in 1978 but I'm fairly sure my first SP gig was in 1977 supporting The Stranglers. 1977 was a hot year, babe!

Back