Rolling Stone Magazine - Who Has It?

Rolling Stone came out today in the US. The guy in front of me at Barnes and Noble bought ten :) I just got the one.
There was of course the special People Tribute and a LIFE tribute but I could not afford them all. I am looking for ward to finding the Ebony tribute.

I've seen three different Rolling Stone covers -- Austrailia, Chile and US. The US one said there was four different covers (according to the site they are selling it on) but I've only seen one.

Ahhh, I gotta hurry and get one, too bad I have work in 30 mins. :( MJ mags have been going pretty quickly in LA. Hopefully I'll still have a chance at snagging one tomorrow at Borders or B&N.

I got it at Barnes & Noble today. Flipping through it at the store, I was surprised by how many pictures are in black and white. You don't see that too often in magazines today.

Unfortunately, it appears to be more negative than I had hoped. It's very critical of Michael's work post-Bad.

Last edited:
I bought it yesterday at B&N. The U.S. version doesn't appear to be the same inside as the Australian one. Somebody posted some pictures of the pages in the Australia version, and they are not in our version of the magazine. There are also no posters in the U.S. one.

In our version, there are reprints of two previous covers stories that were done on Michael, in 1971 and 1983. There's an article on chart positions, critiques of some of the videos, his 25 greatest moments, memories from celebs, articles on Off the Wall, Thriller, and reviews of the albums after those. There are also several articles like "The Triumph and Tragedy," "The Motown Years," "When Michael became Michael," and "What went wrong" (the final years). There are many nice pictures, and a few that we'd probably rather forget (his mugshot, the balcony, pajama day at court).

I didn't find this magazine to be disgusting or defamatory as other people apparently have. The thing is, I don't expect any one magazine to be completely free of negativity, speculation, or rumors about his life. Of course, it would be nice, but it's so widespread that I've come to expect it to some degree. I find it frustrating to read some things that are obviously incorrect, but what are you going to do? I found this magazine to be much better than say, TIME.

When it came to reviews and critiques of his albums and videos, I thought it was pretty well written. Even if you disagree with some stuff, like the assertion that HIStory was full-blown narcissism, people are entitled to their opinions when it comes to things like his albums and quality of his work. So I find it interesting to read.

I remember just looking for the Adam Lambert Rolling Stone a couple weeks ago and it was hard to find and I have a feeling this one will be hard to find too.

Back