Russell Brand insults MJ @ Eddie M tribute

Bubs

Proud Member
I came across with this article about Eddie Murphy tribute
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/04/eddie-murphy-tribute-spike/

There was a part that got me upset:
Russell Brand jumped onstage and shared that Murphy had deemed him a ”funny m********er” — though the Brit may have misstepped when he waded into Michael Jackson territory. A provocative joke about the late singer’s legal troubles with children drew a wince from Murphy. “Michael Jackson is a genius, and you have to separate their genius from their hobbies,” Brand said. “I’m just saying $20 million is a lot of money to give to a child he didn’t f***.”

I wonder why he needed to bring out Michael in his speech?
Considering that there was many Michael's friends, Eddie himself,Arsenio H, Steve W, Brett R attending to that tribute, I would think some of them should have booed Brand off of the stage:angry:

Eddie Murphy: One Night Only airs Nov. 14 at 10 p.m. on Spike.
I someone out there have a link to this program, can you please post it here?

Someone should ask these losers if MJ did it why did not he pay off the Chandlers before they went to authorities and it went public, because by their own admission that's what they wanted: to get paid off!

From Ray Chandler's book:

"Fields and Pellicano already knew Evan was willing to negotiate. Why not pay him off and nip the nightmare in the bud while you've got the opportunity? Especially when you know your man is guilty of sleeping with little boys, at least. Not only do you avoid a civil suit, but also, more important, you buy your way around authorities by removing their star witness. Ten, twenty, thirty million? Money's no object. The deal could be a fait accompli within hours. And if it doesn't work, you can always come out swingin' anyway."

“Had Michael paid the twenty million dollars demanded of him in August, rather than the following January, he might have spent the next ten years as the world's most famous entertainer, instead of the world's most infamous child molester.”

The problem is people are ignorant and they don't even want to make any effort to educate themselves about the facts of the cases, yet they judge. It tells more about them than about Michael.

There was absolutely no need for MJ to be a part of Brand's 'comedy' routine.. May he rot in hell for that bs..

So..he did a tribute to Murphy that was supposed to be funny, but Murphy didn't laugh at that point.
How will Brand's career go from here? Will Eddie still be his friend? I wonder how lonely Brand will get from this point forward? Here's hoping Brand lost some valuable friendships, just now. And that's just for starters. swear i have never heard so much slander directed toward someone who did so much good, was a superstar(still is) and was proven in a court of law not to have committed a heinous crime..after they have passed, in my entire life.

Last edited:
Hopefully Brand fade into oblivion.. if he did some damn research he would know MJ was innocent and was a victim of extortion. Besides that wasn't even a joke, what was funny about that? why would MJ even be brought up at all considering this was an Eddie tribute? I don't get it.. Hopefully Russell will be damaged good

So eddie didnt laugh along with brand at that joke?

That's the same guy who phoned an elderly man to joke and tell him about doing his grand-daughter.He's an asshole and that's how he tries to be funny.There are many so called comedians that go that way and a lot of them use or have used Michael,sadly.
According to wiki,he was abused as a child,so maybe he's ready to believe whatever gossip he heard.Combine that with being a blithering arrogant idiot and tada!
Don't give him the attention he craves.

I agree with soulmum,though.The reaction should have been something more than a mere wince.It's also true we only have this article to judge how it was.

I hope none of the attendees laughed at his so called joke, and obviously that might have been the case as at the end of his "joke" seem to be a little bit defensive side.

I think many of these so called comedians got caught with hype when it was fashionable to make fun of Michael, but it is not fun anymore and not appropriate. So much have come out since he died, more and more people knows to truth from lie and can find relative info if they are interested in finding the truth.
Russell should know that tabloids can and will twist the facts, but obviously he thinks that everything written about Michael is true, whereas everything written about himself is rubbish.

@respect77 People like Russell and others are not even interested in spending time in the internet looking and reading info about what went on 93. I kind of understand it, nobody spends time for someone they don't care about,
but what they don't understand that their words hurts MJ children, fans, family, friends.

If anyone want to post a link to Russell to read (short as his attention span is very short) where he can read a bit what happen 93, here is his twitter account info: https://twitter.com/rustyrockets

@respect77 People like Russell and others are not even interested in spending time in the internet looking and reading info about what went on 93. I kind of understand it, nobody spends time for someone they don't care about,
but what they don't understand that their words hurts MJ children, fans, family, friends.

I know. Not everyone is interested in Michael and I don't say they should. But then they should shut up and just say: "I don't know anything about the case, so I cannot form an opinion either way." That's what would be fair. And definitely don't bring up Michael yourself in "comedy" if you know nothing about the case. The same goes about Chris Rock, whose motive to diss Michael all the time seems to be that Rock is the type of Prince fan from the 80s who thinks you have to hate MJ and diss him at every opportunity if you are a Prince fan. Childish.

And even if they think Michael did it, how can they think joking about child abuse is funny? For what kind of people talking about "f*cking children" is a source of entertainment that they expect people to laugh at?

^^ It wasn't first time Russell have made fun of Michael, I checked youtube and it seems to belong to his comedy act as much it belongs to C Rock's act.
Unfortunately there are people who laughs at this kind of "jokes", therefore he will keep going with his tacky jokes.

I can only hope some other comedians and Mikes friends told him off after the show.
I have been browsing the articles regarding but his act hasn't got much tabloid attention, and I hope it stays that way.
We'll see what really happened, once its aired on telly.

Russell will regret that crap.. Maybe he should read the facts of the case to see how MJ was obviously set up

Michael isn't here to defend himself but his friends mentioned above were, why they didn't say something to that garbage? Sorry, he's not garbage, at least garbage can be recycle, he's useless to this world.

Respect, I agree with you. I don't understand how people can make fun & laugh about children being sexual abused. Is disturbing to know that are people who enjoy making those jokes and I wonder if they have some kind of twisted motives. Those kinds of jokes should be banne; seriously, that's completely wrong.

This is sad, I hate that kind of comedy, because it's not an actual comedy act.... it's ignorance smdh

I agree with someone else, maybe if a lot of fans can try peacefully trying to tweet Russel some facts on twitter?

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets

Like the fact that it was MJ's insurance that paid?

It's just sad that these things constantly need to be brought up and kept in people's minds and people are allowed to think of them as "jokes" or just things to say, it doesn't matter if they're true or not. That's how it is in popular culture, nobody's allowed to think about it too much, so they get away with this crap.

It's sad because Russel hosted the VMA's after Michael died and he was being nice about him there, I didn't know he was such an ass when it came to Mike.

Michael almost died because of that accusation, media's attack, and Tom sneddon's racist ass. He wanted to fight and refused to settle initially that's why evan chandler went to the press and hired the nastiest lawyer to play dirt to force Michael to give them money. Russell brand knows shit and needs to shut tf up. Ignorant people like him are one of the reason why Michael suffered so much and he was too good for this world.

Russell is ignorant.. sounds like he needs to be hit over the head with facts.. and again what's funny about molestation? Mike is innocent and if he was guilty why in the hell would that be joke material? Russell Brand is a sick man

Michael almost died because of that accusation, media's attack, and Tom sneddon's racist ass. He wanted to fight and refused to settle initially that's why evan chandler went to the press and hired the nastiest lawyer to play dirt to force Michael to give them money. Russell brand knows shit and needs to shut tf up. Ignorant people like him are one of the reason why Michael suffered so much and he was too good for this world.

Yep he did... that's why Evan is rotting in hell as we speak and hopefully Jordan will follow

It airs November 14th on Spike... I expect we'll hear more about this "joke" then.

Doubt we'll be lucky enough to see it edited out.

It airs November 14th on Spike... I expect we'll hear more about this "joke" then.

Doubt we'll be lucky enough to see it edited out.

I won't be watching anyway... I don't even think I have Spike tv and if I do I won't be watching it..

I hope they edit Russell's "joke" out of that show before it airs. After what Russell did to Andrew Sachs, hurting that poor elderly man by leaving nasty messages on his answering machine about his granddaughter, no broadcaster needs any public relations fiascos because of Russell. But then again, Michael's fans and his children are the only ones who will be hurt and upset by Russell's garbage talk about Michael. I hate to think that Russell will get away with those comments because "it's Michael Jackson". But seeing how alot of these media organizations do business in regards to Michael, they will probably keep that "joke" in the show. And they will only apologize later if enough people get offended and complain. I don't trust many people to do the right thing when it comes to Michael. I'm sorry. I just don't.

Last edited:
Very rarely has any of MJs friends come to his defence when someone spews crap like this and most definitely not Eddie who i always got the feeling was very careful with his friendship with Michael.

I hope someone someday accuses Russell of doing something equally horrifying as child abuse and see how well it all goes down.

Just another reason for me to hate this disgusting human being (i wont say "man" cause that's just giving him too much credit)

This really disgusts me. I had read about the Eddie Murphy tribute and had looked forward to seeing it. Now I'm not so sure. I expected better from Russell Brand after the VMA awards. If I do decide to watch it, I better not see anyone even remotely smile at this inane "joke"-more people to add to my "list" I've had for 26 some years.

And in my heart I feel Michael did "die" with these accusations-not physically then, but a slow painful torturous death and I never will forgive anyone who added to it.
And

This really disgusts me. I had read about the Eddie Murphy tribute and had looked forward to seeing it. Now I'm not so sure. I expected better from Russell Brand after the VMA awards. If I do decide to watch it, I better not see anyone even remotely smile at this inane "joke"-more people to add to my "list" I've had for 26 some years.

And in my heart I feel Michael did "die" with these accusations-not physically then, but a slow painful torturous death and I never will forgive anyone who added to it.
And

Most definitely... his heart was broken... and for those who initiated it and added to the pain, may the rot in the depths of hell

I wouldn't tweet the guy. He doesn't care and he would probably enjoy the attention. I dare him to say that to Michael's mother and his children. As for Eddie, if he was Michael's friend it sure hasn't felt that way to be honest. He probably just didn't like that being brought up in his tribute show.

These accusations slowly killed Michael inside I feel too. He suffered a lot and people are so ignorant. They don't want to see the facts or the truth even if you tell them or show them. It's sad.

never liked Brand not funny and just a joke himself, and he's obsessed with Michael Jackson... this "man" is just sooooo stupid, we should ignore him... stupid idiot. hope you get what you deserve....

and yes sure, he enjoys attention, we should ignore him, he's nothing, he would never be talented as a comedian or whatever...

i agree, i do the same

This guy brand, or people like him, will never understand Michael was a GENIUS, he had a different sense to everything, he was way too talented, he would love common things people would look at, such as kids or plants or animals just as stuff, but Michael thought those things were fantastic and innocent and beautiful and inspiring.

Because tell me, and please think about this... who in his/her sane mind would think of having something sexual with a twelve year old boy or girl??? the answer is: only the ones who in their insane dirty minds thought of that as a posibility that they could take, its their dirty contaminated mind! those who have thought of doing sex with children as a posbility to take, well those, those will believe Michael did that stuff.
And seems to me this Russel Brand can not accept or conceive that Michael was a super talented genius with a different mind!!, and in Michael's mind he thought people were good, but NO! (Michael was wrong about it) in the real world the father of some children saw him and his friendship as a perfect situation to take advantage.

Bye!

Last edited:
Back