September 7th, 1996 - HIStory World Tour

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
September 7th, 1996 - HIStory World Tour + EXCLUSIVE: Our STORY of HIStory

... GUYS, today its THE day when we can remember a great and last world tour by Michael Jackson.

2z6cgf7.jpg

(I dont want to copy all, but ...) read more about HIStory world tour on Wikipedia , or add your memories and your pics of yours from that tour and HIStory era.

Michael Jackson in Prague - HIStory World Tour Prague 1996

historyTour_fullsize.jpg

The HIStory World Tour was the third and final worldwide solo concert tour by Michael Jackson, covering Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and North America. The tour included a total of 82 concerts. The HIStory tour spanned the globe with stops in 58 cities, 35 countries on 5 continents.

prague3.jpg

1995-history-statue-2.jpg

Tour announcement

The birth of Kingdom International, a joint venture between Jackson and HRH Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, the nephew of the Fahd bin Abdul Aziz, the King of Saudi Arabia from 1982 to 2005, was announced at a press conference held at the Palais des Congres in Paris, France on 19 March 1996. Kingdom International allowed opportunities to be created and developed in the entertainment industry. In this conference Jackson said "Kingdom International is a dream come true." It was then announced that Jackson would embark on his third solo world tour. Unlike Jackson's past two, the HIStory Tour was not sponsored by Pepsi-Cola.

e9576c8e4896.jpg

First Leg (1996)

Jackson started the tour off with a concert at Letna Park in Prague, one of Jackson's largest single attended concerts in his career. On October 7, 1996, he performed for the first time ever in Africa in front of 60,000 fans in Tunis in a solo tour. During the tour's stopover in Sydney, Australia, he married his ex-wife, Debbie Rowe in a private and impromptu ceremony. He was interviewed by Molly Meldrum In Brisbane. On January 3 and 4, 1997 Jackson only performed two concerts in North America. He did not perform in the USA mainland, but rather in Honolulu, Hawaii at the Aloha Stadium to a crowd of 35,000 each. While in Amsterdam, Michael donned a rare jacket that was used during "Thriller".

Second leg (1997)

The second leg started off on May 31, 1997 at the Weserstadion in Bremen, Germany. Set list changes included the addition of "Blood on the Dance Floor" and later on the removal of the Off the Wall Medley and "The Way You Make Me Feel". After,It was only during the first concert in Bremen that Jackson donned a red jacket for "Blood on The Dance Floor," which was later replaced with a blue uniform. "Blood on the Dance Floor" was taken off the set list after the concert in Oslo on August 19, 1997. Also, Jackson performed at the Parken Stadium on his 39th birthday with 50,000 fans. He was presented with a surprise birthday cake, marching band, and fireworks on stage before the Jackson 5 Medley. Pro footage of this is found in Michael's private home movies. A concert was supposed to take place on August 7 in Ljubljana, Slovenia, but was canceled due to poor ticket sales (this was the only concert that was canceled during the tour). The concert at Hippodrome Wellington of Ostend, Belgium was supposed to be held on August 31, 1997, but was postponed to September 3 following Princess Diana's death. During the September 3 concert audiences were required to be put into "cages". Starting with this concert, several of the final concerts had begun with Jackson's cover of Charlie Chaplin's Smile being played back, and an image of Diana on the jumbotron for some parts of the concert. Also, Michael usually performs "Billie Jean" with his hair in a ponytail, but during the second leg of HIStory Tour, at a concert in Amsterdam, Michael performed the whole "Billie Jean" number with his hair down. Amateur footage of this concert can be found on the internet. In Munich, on July 6, during "Scream" his jacket accidentally opened up. In the same concert the camera lets you see every little thing happening like Michael going on the crane between "Thriller" and "Beat It" or Michael on his way backstage with Michael Bush, his costume designer. Sometimes at the end of "HIStory" Michael went through the floor. But most of the time went backstage. The same thing happened with the camera between Thriller and Beat It in Amsterdam on June 10 and lets you see him coming out of the wall and climbing the ladder to the crane and then starting the song when he's completely on the crane and when the ladder is out of the way and taken through the wall where Michael and Michael Bush came from. It was also Bush's job to put the ladder on and take it back. He also had to signal the machines when Michael is safely up on the crane and ready. Usually Michael performs Stranger in Moscow with his jacket open, but from the Bremen May 31 concert to Amsterdam June 10, he performed the song with his jacket closed.

-HIStory-World-Tour-michael-jackson-21638166-425-626.jpg

Cancellations and Postponements

August 7, 1997: Ljubljana, Slovenia; CANCELLED (Due to poor ticket sales) Never rescheduled and played.
August 31, 1997: Ostend, Belgium; CANCELLED (Due to the Death of Princess Diana) Rescheduled for September 3, 1997
September 7, 1997: Barcelona, Spain; Planned
September 9, 1997: Madrid, Spain; Planned
September 11, 1997: Palermo, Italy; Planned
September 14, 1997: Tunis, Tunisia; Planned
September 16, 1997: Tunis, Tunisia; Planned

MichaelJacksonHistoryWorldTourSheff.jpg

375px-Michael_Jackson_sculpture.jpg

DSCF3533.JPG

8194439-statue-of-michael-jackson-used-for-an-exhibition-this-is-the-original-statue-used-at-the-history-tou.jpg

2557927887_b2c009387d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread, I hadn't even realised :flowers:
The HIStory tour will always be my favourite tour, say what you will about the amount of live singing it was one hell of a show and I wish I could have been there! My mother and father were lucky to see the show in Sheffield when I was just a baby, some of my fondest memories are watching the Munich show when I was younger all day everyday, it's the reason I'm the fan I am today! :)

History tour is cool, however Dangerous is the best for me :)

That first video made me cry so hard :boohooWe Miss our beautiful King so much

See... I knew today was a SPECIAL day... :ermm: I saw Michael LIVE there in Praque... Ah, Beautiful memories... :punk:

This is an 'excerpt' from "Blessed with his L.O.V.E" :wub: from my MJJC BLOG...

"... For me, Michael doesn’t need to perform, he just has to be there. His aura is so energetic, so soothing, so vibrant and full of L.OV.E Sure, the “concert feeling” is awesome too but I ’prefer’ to see Michael just as Michael on stage talking… Just being his wonderful self spreading L.O.V.E

A concert of Michael is something SPECIAL and ‘tough’ to explain if you haven’t ‘felt’ it… I FEEL AT HOME in Michael’s presence…That’s the only right word for it. I went to countries, like Prague, where you really don’t feel safe. There were soldiers at every corner of the street. Like they were still at war, it was in September 1996 that we went. But I know when you’re around Michael, you feel SAFE… HOME…

I remember this ‘cute anekdote’ when the concert was over in Praque… Can you imagine a bunch of girls walking in a park at midnight in a strange country where you don’t even speak the language. When you think about it now, it’s crazy, but the things you do for Michael. We just waited for the bus to take us back to the hotel. I didn’t even care if the bus would arrive or not as I was so nourished, as Michael would say, nourished by Michael
icon_wink.gif

In Prague, we went to check out Michael’s hotel too… Funny thing was… None of us had internet yet… How strange to say now so we didn’t knew where Michael was staying… Sure, in town… but where?
I ‘used’ my ‘intuition’ and let me be guided by Michael
icon_wink.gif
We found the hotel and my friends were amazed but oh so thankful we were ‘close’ to Michael… Through a fanclub, I had posted an ad so that all the fans could send me letters and drawings for Michael and I would all collect them in a folder and make sure Michael would get it… I was so proud that the bodyguard ‘collecting’ all the gifts for Michael took my ‘folder’ too filled with so much L.O.V.E around the world…

Before we went home, we did return to Michael’s hotel to say ‘Goodbye and CU soon’ but the fans were gone… That made us sad as we skipped breakfast to give that letter to Michael… Then Dorian Holley, a dancer in his crew, walked out of the hotel and we ‘stormed’ him
icon_wink.gif

He said Michael had left for Hungary and he was going to Michael right now… We of course asked if he would give the letter and he promised he would… My friend got a piccie with him… Well, I took the piccie
icon_wink.gif
and we both got an autograph… Okay, home it was
icon_sad.gif
"

Last edited:
I cried so hard after watching the first video... :cry: This is so sad and still very hard for me to believe that Michael ain't with us any more.

MJJsource.eu: Exclusive photo report:

Prague, September 3rd, 2011: "OUR STORY of HIStory" 15th anniversary of MJ's concert

... fans, MJ impersonators, artists, dancers from the Czech and Slovak Republik gathered to remember the 5 days with Michael in Prague in 1996, with a special guest - former MJs bodyguard Zdeněk Záhradník who presented a signed poster and a jacket that Michael gave him as a gift + a special exhibition of souvenirs from that time like a map of Pragues subway route schedules...

---------------------------------

Bodyguard Zdenek Záhradník
2d7gaqd.jpg

Roy Shovel from Israel
2b4qo3.jpg

2qwzs02.jpg

1zz5av7.jpg

4kkb41.jpg

2pzli5u.jpg

24lq1yv.jpg

Libor Michna with his dancers
160yc03.jpg

Zuzana Laura Mrlíková
10p2d0m.jpg

František Šimčík
1heafd.jpg

Michael Hejč
avhfn6.jpg

14lrr86.jpg

Madalena Joao and Michael Hejč
2z9f9k6.jpg

Alphonse Mboussa
mutrh2.jpg

op8tpt.jpg

28mp9iw.jpg

Roy Shovel
2rfcy3d.jpg

35akwo8.jpg

9s4i9h.jpg

4hs0gi.jpg

23shzj6.jpg

Dávid Dostál
1h5lbt.jpg

ng4ymb.jpg

2wqafqp.jpg

Thriller - Milan 'Balkins' Balek
1osifq.jpg

wmb5vb.jpg

igz41g.jpg

Matej Piňák
731i8p.jpg

František Šimčík
wa3wbq.jpg

5vrv5s.jpg

2rwp06s.jpg

333zvd2.jpg

-------------

14mt50.jpg

2czzgps.jpg

14aar5t.jpg

2j0dwzr.jpg

68tz01.jpg

2ecdv29.jpg

sbkm8p.jpg

30mmr6p.jpg

2d2ayjn.jpg

2qnm4xd.jpg

14szi3d.jpg

qx7ymq.jpg

x5siuu.jpg

30avu38.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLBAelKv-1s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLBAelKv-1s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Michael jackson & Flower met that day the 7th of September 1996 In Prag

I was too young and too far away from world of music for these concerts. Just watching them online has made me a fan. I cannot imagine what out of the world experience it would have been in person. No surprise so many people fainted!

poor ticket sales in Slovenia. How odd, there is a country that has little appetite for Michael!

Back