SHE DRIVES ME WILD - What can you say about this song?

MorphineJackson1997

Proud Member
She Drives Me Wild is my ultimate favorite MJ song of all time. I remember the time when I totally became hooked to it two years ago that I became dependent on it like a drug. I couldn't start my day without listening to it and I even set it as my alarm ringtone on my phone! The vocals are just so recognizably MJ and it is IMO the best MJ vocal performance ever. It's so addicting!!!

To me it was a grower. When Dangerous came out it was one of my least favourite songs on the album (besides Can't Let Her Get Away), but since then it grew on me so much that it's actually one of my favourite songs. I really love it. The cheeky, sexy lyrics, just everything.

The Dangerous album is a masterpiece and this HAS to be my fave there, honestly, it's so damn good! I admit though, it grew on me because I hardly listened to it before... but now, I just can't skip it! the lyrics are just :woohoo: and the beat... whoa, plus the rap part always gets me.

She Drives Me Wild along with Can't Let her Get Away and In The Closet was the songs that first got me hooked to Dangerous. My fav album of all time

That whole vibe:clap: From start to finish .... you just NEEDED to wear black jeans and a turtle neck sweater :p

My biggest memory from that recording [i.e. She Drives Me Wild] was that we used all car sounds as drum sounds and it came out perfectly. I didnā€™t go out into the field and record actual car sounds and take back to the studio ā€“ I had a sample CD that was really cool. It wasnā€™t something Iā€™d done before; it was the first time I went for unusual sounds in the place of drums.
(Teddy Riley, musicradar.com, 2008)​

If it was an outtake we'd be blowing our gaskets.
As I said, it's a good song, but honestly, it's one of the weaker ones (along with Why You Wanna Trip and Can't Let Her Get Away)

Songs like BOTDF, For All Time, Serious Effect or Someone Put Your Hand Out would have been stronger contenders. I actually think She Drives Me Wild would have fit better on HIStory. That was his autobiographical album, and this song could have been something along the lines of his relationship/marriage with Lisa Marie at the time. I'd prefer this over DS, Money or Tabloid Junkie

As I said, it's a good song, but honestly, it's one of the weaker ones (along with Why You Wanna Trip and Can't Let Her Get Away)

Songs like BOTDF, For All Time, Serious Effect or Someone Put Your Hand Out would have been stronger contenders. I actually think She Drives Me Wild would have fit better on HIStory. That was his autobiographical album, and this song could have been something along the lines of his relationship/marriage with Lisa Marie at the time. I'd prefer this over DS, Money or Tabloid Junkie
It's more a case of Dangerous' highs being way higher. I'd say this song is somewhere in the middle. Black or White has always been kinda a random pick, even as it is a smash hit; embodies some of 90s MJs sillier traits, though I have come to enjoy the song. It could have been a promo.

But basically, I consider SDMW a less steep drop for Dangerous than, say, She's Out of my Life, or The Girl is Mine..

She Drives Me Wild is my ultimate favorite MJ song of all time.
For me it was initially impressive, but it got boring on repeated listens. I just listened to it again for the first time in years.

I rank Jam, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, In The Closet and most others on Dangerous higher than She Drives Me Wild. I rank it above Can't Let Her Get away, though.

For me it was initially impressive, but it got boring on repeated listens. I just listened to it again for the first time in years.

I rank Jam, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, In The Closet and most others on Dangerous higher than She Drives Me Wild. I rank it above Can't Let Her Get away, though.
Can't Let Her Get Away beats most of those so that's too bad.

Back