Short Hair

iu

WHAT :eek::eek::eek:
Why do I never visit this thread? I'm too 'faithful' to the BWT hairstyle. I never believe in such things (or any pseudoscience/manifestation/supernatural stuff) but I tell myself that if I stare at his long curls long enough, the Universe will respond and send me a man with this feature :LOL: Anyway, I'm beginning to fall for his short hair, too. Like in the picture above. What the hell is that?! Why does he look so good? Why isn't it in the sweat thread? Who am I?

At first I was like... Only the late 80s curls for me. Then I admitted to myself that early 80s Jheri curl is crush material. Then the afro. Now I'm also giving in to the thing that must have inspired the hairstylists of the k-pop groups of today - short MTV '95 curls. I haven't seen the performance ever before until now! I'm stoked! I love it so so so so so much! The dancing is 10/10. And I began to like the hairstyle!
Now give me a week and I might even say that the straight headpieces are my crush. I obviously know he looked good in straight hair, too, but I've never had any sort of strong reaction to it like I always had with the Bad era hair and now the short curls.

WHAT :eek::eek::eek:
Why do I never visit this thread? I'm too 'faithful' to the BWT hairstyle. I never believe in such things (or any pseudoscience/manifestation/supernatural stuff) but I tell myself that if I stare at his long curls long enough, the Universe will respond and send me a man with this feature :LOL: Anyway, I'm beginning to fall for his short hair, too.
Ah, here we go, lol. Last year I had my own 'short hair' thing where I became so enchanted with his short hair I actually had a phase where I took a sabbatical from 'long' hair photos. They actually started to look almost weird to me. Sounds heretical - or something - but his short hair is so gorgeous, why would you ever change that? And I speak as someone who is forever wedded to images of pretty men with black eyeliner and long hair. Long hair, mid-length hair, Michael rocks all of it. But there is something about his short hair. Sigh.

When I first bumped the thread I was enchanted by the short hair but still preferred his long hair. And then ... something changed.

Like in the picture above. What the hell is that?! Why does he look so good? Why isn't it in the sweat thread? Who am I?
I am your physician and I am prescribing a trawl through this thread. I absolutely adore it. The only problem is, there are many more 'long' hair photos. I understand why but I want to live in a universe where there is an equal number of photos from each era.

At first I was like... Only the late 80s curls for me. Then I admitted to myself that early 80s Jheri curl is crush material. Then the afro.
I was never up for the afro, tbh. Don't really like 70's afros, especially those big ones. I had one myself for a brief period. Thank the good lord I came to my senses and sent it into oblivion. But I like Michael's afro much more, these days. I even post in the Afro thread which I did not predict, lol.

Now I'm also giving in to the thing that must have inspired the hairstylists of the k-pop groups of today - short MTV '95 curls. I haven't seen the performance ever before until now! I'm stoked! I love it so so so so so much! The dancing is 10/10. And I began to like the hairstyle!
Now give me a week and I might even say that the straight headpieces are my crush.
I haven't got there yet and don't expect to. The whole 'straight' hair thing is more complicated. But every other hair 'look' he has is awesome. My top fave was always 90's bc that is Michael at his most 'rock star'. But the short hair is just ... Wow!

And I speak as someone who is forever wedded to images of pretty men with black eyeliner and long hair.
That is me. As a physician, you can diagnose me with that.

I want to live in a universe where there is an equal number of photos from each era.
I wish I could make your wish come true. I wish that for myself, too. We shouldn't complain, though. MJ is one of the most photographed people in the world. Yet we can't get enough :D

But I like Michael's afro much more, these days. I even post in the Afro thread which I did not predict, lol.
I love it for the fact natural hair was embraced. The study of hairstyles is the study of history, society, culture, and change.
And if you studied my individual preferences, you'd have to mention the fact I fell in love with MJ's hair as a kiddo and examine how it shaped me. Haha.

I wish I could make your wish come true. I wish that for myself, too. We shouldn't complain, though.
Definitely not complaining. Still cannot get my head around how many photos / images I have access to now compared to back in the day. It feels so weird, brilliant, awesome ...

Every now and again I have a little moment where I have to re-post a bunch of my faves from the 80's bc they were the ones that got used over and over and I am bonded to them for ever and ever. But the choice we have now, it blows my mind. Just the number of gold leotard photos ...

MJ is one of the most photographed people in the world.
Which upsets me, ngl. But I am a hypocrite or, at least, inconsistent bc I love having so many images of him.

I love it for the fact natural hair was embraced.
oh sure, but they still looked crap, imo. For me they were all kinds of wrong. Plus, they weren't that natural. The amount of product that was used, the time spent keeping them looking a certain way. Yeah, it was loads better than what went before, no question. Absolutely no question. But I still never liked them.

Just don't ask me why I had one. I have no idea, lol. My misspent youth! :ROFLMAO:

The study of hairstyles is the study of history, society, culture, and change.
You could certainly say SO much about Michael just by looking at his different hairstyles.

Back