Should MJ Be Awarded A Presidential Medal Of Freedom Posthumously.....

Got a clip of that? I can only find two clips of Obama himself discussing Michael and here is what he said in both:

"His extraordinary talent and his music was matched with, I think, a big dose of tragedy and... and difficulty in his private life. I don't think we can ignore that, but, it's important for us to affirm what was best in him."

Michael Jackson "will go down in history as one of our greatest entertainers, I grew up on his music, still have all of his stuff on my iPod. I think that his brilliance as a performer also was paired with a tragic, and in many ways, sad personal life. Ya know I'm glad to see that he is being remembered primarily for the great joy to a lot of people through his extraordinary gifts as an entertainer"

Seems pretty fine to me.
It seems fine to me too. Who can not say that what happened to Michael wasn't tragic and sad? Horribly tragic things happened in his personal life that the world knew about and discussed constantly, and shouldn't have happened to him. That's beyond sad.

Robin Williams wasn't known for anything tragic during his lifetime. He just suddenly killed himself. That's tragic, but we knew nothing about his life before that might have led up to it.

We should get this petition going

Here is the link for it
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create-a-petition.html

We should at least try.:yes:
I'm still mixed about the petition. Yes, I do think Michael more than deserves it, but I don't think it will even be considered with the Robson/Safechuck cases going on.

I guess you never know though. I signed the petition to remove the barricade on Michael's name at Gardner Street school in 2009 out of anger bc I didn't think they should have covered it up in the first place.
Then I felt guilty about it bc I didn't take into account the school administrators , teachers, children, or parents involved. Maybe they were revolted by the idea.

However, after it was removed, the PTA not only welcomed it, but they reestablished the music room complete with 6ft. Michael Jackson cutouts. Which was fantastic.

I don't want the petition to fall on deaf ears. Maybe after all of this is done and over with.

I hear you but that is the problem so much is focus on the negitive instead of the positive that Michael has done and it is sad to see.

I going to stared writing some words down for the petition when all this is over i will stared it then.

Just reading the Wikipedia description again, and it seems to me that Michael meets all 3 criteria, even though it only has to be one. A good place for information might be the Legacy thread-we could probably get some good facts and verbiage from that.

Just reading the Wikipedia description again, and it seems to me that Michael meets all 3 criteria, even though it only has to be one. A good place for information might be the Legacy thread-we could probably get some good facts and verbiage from that.

Sound great to me will look there.(y)

Back