Should MJ have kept the gold thong for billie jean on the dangerous tour?

dancemasterman

Proud Member
I agree with many that the gold leotard was too girly for certain audiences, but it did have some cool effects with accentuating his dancing. It worked for Jam, Smooth Criminal, Thriller, etc.

but I think it could have worked exceptionally well for Billie Jean doing all those robotic movements. He could possibly have even changed into a white top piece thingy shirt whatever you want to call it, while backstage.

I think the outfit he used for the history is the best, but it still could have worked for the dangerous tour, for the sake of being different and mixing it up.

Personally I hated the gold outfit on the Dangerous tour. The Milatary jacket he wore for Jam at the Super Bowl was good. His best outfit IMO is his silver outfit during the Bad tour.

No he shouldn't! Whenever I watched my Bucharest tape I used to fast forward to Billie Jean and watch it from there, I couldn't stand the thong... :lol: It looked halfway cool on Jam along with the jacket, but he should have gotten rid of it after that!

I think that would be too distracting (as distracting as it was already) for Billie Jean. For a song where you really want to focus on his dance moves, I think I would keep staring at the thong and not really see the performance. :lol:

No, the sooner he took it off, the better. It's scary.
And, I think this Billie Jean choreography is a reference to Charlie Chaplin. So he couldn't have done it with the leotard on. And for the visual effect, the white parts of the clothes (socks, t shirt, white stripe on his legs) are "highlighted", he could only do it dressed in black and white.

^^^Bob Fosse actually

And no, the leotard sucked, lol. Plus Billie Jean always had the same sort of scheme, no thongs!

I don't know, it distracted the heck out of me, I couldn't stop staring down there for the part of the concert where he wears it, so no. :lol:

^^ha ha ha soo true.

But no it was a good idea to not use the leotard for B.J.; that would just be weird

^^ha ha ha soo true.

But no it was a good idea to not use the leotard for B.J.; that would just be weird

yes you are correct...:yes:.....BillieJean is not a leotard song....:no:...Thank God Michael knew this....:yes:

Back