Should we reconsider what we think about the Estate?

Sorry but I would love to see the source or the actual interview when either John Branca or John Mcclain have been disrespectful about fans. I have seem someone quoting this as Hearsay and those people appeared to definitely an axe to grind with the estate.
Prince wad even in the audience with The cirque de soleil lady and Karen from the estate when they where announcing the start of Thriller 40 campaign.

Sorry but I would love to see the source or the actual interview when either John Branca or John Mcclain have been disrespectful about fans. I have seem someone quoting this as Hearsay and those people appeared to definitely an axe to grind with the estate.
Prince wad even in the audience with The cirque de soleil lady and Karen from the estate when they where announcing the start of Thriller 40 campaign.
I don't think the original poster was talking about the MJ Estate executors. Could be wrong.

Last edited:
"Prince Jackson will be in charge of ‘Designated Projects’ For the Estate. It hasn’t been noted what sort of projects they are yet.

Prince, 24, will get a full access to the Michael Jackson’s Estate when he will turn 40. This is maybe a way to pass over the Estate of Michael Jackson slowly to his children and in the process, this might be welcomed by a lot of Michael Jackson fans who were unhappy for the Jackson family to be left out of the Estate’s business."

He was involved in movie production some years ago. He produced a music video for someone through his company afaik.
I was curious what his experience was. Back when I first got into Michael I watched A LOT of Taj's interviews with different YouTubers and media outlets where he talked about LN. In those, he said several times that "as a filmmaker" he thought it was very clear the different methods Dan Reed was taking to create a compelling narrative. I just assumed he was a filmmaker of some kind because of that. It didn't even occur to me that he didn't have much experience!

40!! That's a joke, right?
40 would be a good age for the kids to get full access to their financial / business heritage. More mature, hopefully less likely to blow it on ... whatever. Mature enough to withstand any pressure from ... whoever ... anyone asking for funding / a green light / any kind of backing to go and do this or that. Enough experience to be able to make sound business decisions. I think Michael was being really canny. And protecting his kids.

They do get money already I think. But full access to the Estate as a business when you are a mature adult? How can that be a bad idea? Michael knew what he was doing, imo. I think he was speaking loud and clear.

40 would be a good age for the kids to get full access to their financial / business heritage. More mature, hopefully less likely to blow it on ... whatever. Mature enough to withstand any pressure from ... whoever ... anyone asking for funding / a green light / any kind of backing to go and do this or that. Enough experience to be able to make sound business decisions. I think Michael was being really canny. And protecting his kids.

They do get money already I think. But full access to the Estate as a business when you are a mature adult? How can that be a bad idea? Michael knew what he was doing, imo. I think he was speaking loud and clear.
I agree with this. I also imagine that MJ wouldn't have wanted to dictate what his children's futures would be like. He probably wanted them have time to grow and become who they were going to be without the pressure to inherit this massive responsibility and make their life about that. He also probably thought he would have time to discuss them with them as he and they got older and maybe make changes depending on what they all thought was best. Either way, I am so glad that Prince is more involved now, even if it's in a limited way.

I was curious what his experience was. Back when I first got into Michael I watched A LOT of Taj's interviews with different YouTubers and media outlets where he talked about LN. In those, he said several times that "as a filmmaker" he thought it was very clear the different methods Dan Reed was taking to create a compelling narrative. I just assumed he was a filmmaker of some kind because of that. It didn't even occur to me that he didn't have much experience!
I can say the exact same thing about dance and choreography, for example. People often think I am a professional dancer just bc of how I talk about dance. But it's just years of intense interest in the art form and somehow being able to maybe delve a bit deeper into what I'm seeing than the next person. But it doesn't mean anything. I always assumed Taj was talking like that. I could be wrong but that's how it came over to me. Not him as a professional, just him able to talk in a particular way. He comes from a showbiz family, after all.

I agree with this. I also imagine that MJ wouldn't have wanted to dictate what his children's futures would be like. He probably wanted them have time to grow and become who they were going to be without the pressure to inherit this massive responsibility and make their life about that. He also probably thought he would have time to discuss them with them as he and they got older and maybe make changes depending on what they all thought was best. Either way, I am so glad that Prince is more involved now, even if it's in a limited way.
Exactly. He wasn't expecting to die but he's also, imo, protecting his kids. It is a lot of responsibility and a lot of pressure. He didn't want them to go through what he did. Cool dad.

I can say the exact same thing about dance and choreography, for example. People often think I am a professional dancer just bc of how I talk about dance. But it's just years of intense interest in the art form and somehow being able to maybe delve a bit deeper into what I'm seeing than the next person. But it doesn't mean anything. I always assumed Taj was talking like that. I could be wrong but that's how it came over to me. Not him as a professional, just him able to talk in a particular way. He comes from a showbiz family, after all.
I understand what you mean, but I genuinely interpreted what he said at these times as him claiming that he himself makes films, or works on film projects with some regularity. Perhaps I misinterpreted it. With your example, to me it would be like you saying "as a choreographer..." and then critiquing someone's choreography. I would have to revisit some of the interviews to check his exact phrasing. I feel like he said things like "As a filmmaker myself, I understand..." etc. But perhaps he was just talking more generally? Idk. Something got this idea in my head lol.

I understand what you mean, but I genuinely interpreted what he said at these times as him claiming that he himself makes films, or works on film projects with some regularity. Perhaps I misinterpreted it. With your example, to me it would be like you saying "as a choreographer..." and then critiquing someone's choreography. I would have to revisit some of the interviews to check his exact phrasing. I feel like he said things like "As a filmmaker myself, I understand..." etc. But perhaps he was just talking more generally? Idk. Something got this idea in my head lol.
Ah. Yes, that is a different emphasis. Hm, this is interesting. I've listened to or watched many, many interviews with Taj but not for yonks. Kinda lost interest so cannot remember the detail of what I've heard. I do remember not feeling convinced he had the skills needed but what did I base that on? Can't remember. You probably looked at all of this stuff much more recently so your memory of it will likely be better than mine.

Ah. Yes, that is a different emphasis. Hm, this is interesting. I've listened to or watched many, many interviews with Taj but not for yonks. Kinda lost interest so cannot remember the detail of what I've heard. I do remember not feeling convinced he had the skills needed but what did I base that on? Can't remember. You probably looked at all of this stuff much more recently so your memory of it will likely be better than mine.

yeah, but like I said in the other thread, I am a sucker lol. I believe the best in everyone and I always trust people's best intentions and am optimistic even when hope is mostly lost haha. I probably took whatever he said at face value, trusted it, and then built it up to meet more in my head than it did. This is a bad habit of mine lol.

It wasn’t John branca or McCain it was their online team which sent an email to the fans that was clearly pissed off due to the complaints from the fans about 4K videos, thriller 40 logo and other issues.

Apparently there was some controversy during the bad 25 release. I’m like that was 10 years ago it’s time to grow up. mj has so many young fans who don’t even remember the Michael fake tracks controversy. An anniversary release would do better now than back then in my opinion. he has a dedicated Stan base on twitter that would promote it for free. And with the rise of streaming they can just upload it to Amazon prime video for the release and not even worry about having to use a tv network.

I think having his kids fully inherit at 40 is extremely smart. Look what happened to lisa with Elvis estate. She wasn’t required to take an financial classes, business classes or even graduate high school, inherited everything at 25 and blew all of the money before she turned 50. Michael probably learned from others mistakes there tbh.

Oh that's interesting point. This gives time time to grow and find their own passion before getting the responsibility. On the other side they will have their own life and families by then, so who knows how much they would get involved. Of course Michael would have thought be would be around to see them through their 20s :cry:

I think having his kids fully inherit at 40 is extremely smart. Look what happened to lisa with Elvis estate. She wasn’t required to take an financial classes, business classes or even graduate high school, inherited everything at 25 and blew all of the money before she turned 50. Michael probably learned from others mistakes there tbh.
I think Michael probably learned from his own mistakes.

Honestly, this is the best response I've ever seen to this and similar threads/conversations. You are absolutely right. All of the things you mention here are deeply upsetting to me. I am definitely more positive about the estate than a lot of people (probably because I'm a newer fan) but I absolutely agree with everything you said here. Specifically, the parts I bolded. You hit the nail on the head for the issues I personally have with the estate. I am amazed at the tireless effort so many fans put into promoting Michael and protecting his legacy. It proves just how magical and how powerful he was that 13 years after his death he is constantly generating new fans and creating fans so dedicated to him, even when he's not here. He deserves everything they do, but I wish the estate was more proactive. It kind of blows my mind that LN came out and there was never really any response, to my knowledge. That's wild.
YES, there was a response. Let’s not act as if the Estate did nothing. THEY DID.

In my perspective, I can understand that the estate is doing whatever they can to keep it going, the fans especially are the ones who have a voice and the base keeps growing every moment. I know there is bias down the middle regarding the estate of course, we know that if Michael were still with us today, he would have been the crucial and perfectionist driving force behind it all and to not let it go into disarray.

I absolutely agree with you on this mate, and Michael would have wanted us to enjoy these gems he made, regardless of how he felt they were in his view. I truly believe we're all very fortunate to hear it all.

@katara Honestly, how petty and low are these people? Especially someone who is the current executor of the estate...Michael would never, ever have allowed that kind of behavior or unethical practice of business and service it's downright rude and disgusting.

@zinniabooklover Dear, I can honestly agree with you on that entirely...shame on them!

Anywho, that's my two cents on that lol.
I have never heard any MJ Executor say what this person claimed. Which executor? When? Where? IHopefully, this is not some tabloidish rumor. Seriously, I want to know which executor said this, IF it is true. Remember, there are only TWO executors. I want to know which one said what was claimed he said.

I have never heard any MJ Executor say what this person claimed. Which executor? When? Where? IHopefully, this is not some tabloidish rumor. Seriously, I want to know which executor said this, IF it is true. Remember, there are only TWO executors. I want to know which one said what was claimed he said.
I understand there are only two executors, I'm just saying I'm hoping that claim is not true, I just could not imagine an executor of an estate like this saying such things, I honestly would like to know who as well, but at this point it's speculation...🤔

YES, there was a response. Let’s not act as if the Estate did nothing. THEY DID.
Oh really? Honestly, I know nothing about this. I would love to though. I am a newer fan, so I wasn't around when LN first came out. I've heard from other fans that the estate did nothing in response to LN. But if I am wrong about that, please share!

Oh really? Honestly, I know nothing about this. I would love to though. I am a newer fan, so I wasn't around when LN first came out. I've heard from other fans that the estate did nothing in response to LN. But if I am wrong about that, please share!
Officially, they did nothing. Which, in my opinion, is the wise move. I understand fans feel that a retort was necessary, but not only would such a project be immediately dismissed because it was put together by the estate (which is precisely why I have little hope for Taj’s series), but it would also amplify LN further. The best response was to say nothing and allow the doc’s faults and inconsistencies to speak for themselves, which they did.

Unofficially, there were rumors that the Lies of Leaving Neverland mini-doc, which had unreleased courtroom footage of the Robsons and appeared online randomly, was put together by the estate. Branca apparently all but confirmed it to a fan at some sort of MJ event a year or so back.

I think the estate’s response to LN—taking HBO to court and utterly obliterating them left and right while simultaneously letting the public discover that the doc was full of shit—is the single best thing they’ve done in any respect.

Back